Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Essex Middle School 1

Posted May 13, 2016
Many issues due to Special Education. Be prepared to fight tooth and nail for your child.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted May 13, 2016
Only because it's so bad there that kids have to be determined. It's pretty sad that's the way it is.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 13, 2016
No, when searching only children with special needs you are not showing them respect. They have a lot to learn.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 13, 2016
No, this school does not encourage empathy because the administration has none. Strongly disagree with this.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 13, 2016
Students are treated differently if they have special needs. The administration could care less about their emotional wellbeing.

Essex Middle School 2

Posted March 07, 2012
I enjoyed my stay at EMS. I have no graudated and moved on to EHS as an upper classman, I think the teachers are great. Mrs.Willis is by far the best teacher ever. Id give her 5 stars. But administration is the worst I have ever delt with. One minor mistake and you are on the "bad kid" list and out casted. Mr.Briggs and Mr. Kirsh wouldnt shake my hand at graduation. Mr.Briggs also got to close to many of the girls in my grade, as in hugging and what not. just un-professional.

Essex Middle School 5

Posted February 06, 2011
I have been to three schools in my life and EMS is by FAR the best one I have been to. The new principal is amazing, and all but one algebra seminar teacher cares lovingly about the students. The students are so nice too, they accept anyone. The teachers are a little strict over little things, but they care three times as much about us as the other schools I've been too. Over all, this could very well be one of the best schools in the country.

Posted October 28, 2009
GReat caring teachers, top quality education curriculum, and demanding and challenging. High focus on extracaricular activities.

Essex Middle School 3

Posted June 26, 2009
I have had good teachers here, but I've also had bad ones. I think that my favorite teacher I've ever had here was Greg Mernick, a smart and nice guy. I think that going to his classroom made my hard middle school journey alot better because there were days where I just couldnt stand it! I also really enjoyed music class here. Those two were my main favorite uplifting things about this school. I think Mr. Laush was excellent too. I think over all the school was so-so though. Any time you get introuble its over something kind of not neccasary. I think that the school deserves a 3 star rating.

Essex Middle School 5

Posted March 23, 2009
I like it because it's really fun, and there are a lot of fun after school activities. I am in the junior iron chef competition and the family consumer science teacher helped us come up with a really good recipe!

60 Founders Rd, Essex Junction, VT  05452
Last modified Essex Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.