Essex Junction, VT

Essex Middle School 2

Posted March 07, 2012
I enjoyed my stay at EMS. I have no graudated and moved on to EHS as an upper classman, I think the teachers are great. Mrs.Willis is by far the best teacher ever. Id give her 5 stars. But administration is the worst I have ever delt with. One minor mistake and you are on the "bad kid" list and out casted. Mr.Briggs and Mr. Kirsh wouldnt shake my hand at graduation. Mr.Briggs also got to close to many of the girls in my grade, as in hugging and what not. just un-professional.

Posted February 06, 2011
I have been to three schools in my life and EMS is by FAR the best one I have been to. The new principal is amazing, and all but one algebra seminar teacher cares lovingly about the students. The students are so nice too, they accept anyone. The teachers are a little strict over little things, but they care three times as much about us as the other schools I've been too. Over all, this could very well be one of the best schools in the country.

Essex Middle School

Posted October 28, 2009
GReat caring teachers, top quality education curriculum, and demanding and challenging. High focus on extracaricular activities.

Essex Middle School 3

Posted June 26, 2009
I have had good teachers here, but I've also had bad ones. I think that my favorite teacher I've ever had here was Greg Mernick, a smart and nice guy. I think that going to his classroom made my hard middle school journey alot better because there were days where I just couldnt stand it! I also really enjoyed music class here. Those two were my main favorite uplifting things about this school. I think Mr. Laush was excellent too. I think over all the school was so-so though. Any time you get introuble its over something kind of not neccasary. I think that the school deserves a 3 star rating.

Posted March 23, 2009
I like it because it's really fun, and there are a lot of fun after school activities. I am in the junior iron chef competition and the family consumer science teacher helped us come up with a really good recipe!

Essex Middle School 1

Posted February 19, 2009
The teachers focus on little things like chewing gum and stuff like that when they could be focusing on more important things.

Essex Middle School 4

Posted September 24, 2008
I think this is a great school, it has great teachers and a great learning environment. I am a 7th grader at EMS and I love it.

Posted June 10, 2008
I moved here in 5th grade from a very different school and the three years I have spent at EMS have been three of the best. I must commend my teachers for doing an amazing job teaching.

Essex Middle School 1

Posted June 02, 2008
They focus too much on minor problems (like a quick friendly hug or a silenced cell phone or ipod with headphones at lunch or a bare shoulder) and escalate the punishment until the student doesn't care about anything, including learning. Save the discipline for REAL problems so kids don't feel like they're in prison.

Essex Middle School 4

Posted March 10, 2008
Hey, I'm an 8th grader at this school now. I am sooo sad that i have to leave it. Its been a pretty great 3 years so far and we have some time left. I'll live it to the fullest. But thats not the point. Some of the best teachers I 've ever had are in this school. Teachers like the two in the Nova tea. The Nova team is the best team in the school I think its one of the more challenging and the teachers are just amazing!

Essex Middle School
60 Founders Rd, Essex Junction, VT  05452
Last modified Essex Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Essex Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top