Bad
Good

My children went to Founders in the mid 1990's My grandchildren now go three. Itwas a good experience then from moving here from N.Y. State, For the better, They did very well there. My grand children go there now. Very different. I read about bullying from a parent ,about there child. I agree, My grandson had a problem a few years ago. He was told by the princible. He should not bother those kids. My grandsons friend got hurt from them they got no punishment. The part that bothers me is they send papers home aboiut bullying. I had to laugh when I read them. When nothingf is done. The ones getting bullied has more told to them then the bullyers.Too bad something is going to happen. And no one will do anything before to prevent it. to Bad it was such a niceschool.

Essex schools (Essex Elem & Founders) pretty much poo-poos a bully as "oh, yeah, he/she's a bully..." and nothing else. Maybe elsewhere is like this but that's just twisted... A normally good kid gets sent to the principal's office or off to a counselor or behavioral specialist for a minor 'infraction' while the bully pretty much gets nothing and never has to write an "I'm sorry" note. I've met people that have brought up the same type of situation(s); one was of a child who was bullied and even injured (stomped on the head at recess) and nothing was done. I've met another family who MOVED to South Burlington to get out of the entire Essex school system... The teacher's are a hit or miss; I've had decent ones and I've had ones that made it sound like the children had the issues and that maybe ADHD meds were needed & when asked to switch teachers in January (not even 1/2 way through the school year) I was told it was 'too late' in the school year - not right at all! Like one reviewer wrote. "The rules and how they handled situations were not great" this is because they make them up as they go and they are not consistent and don't want to be questioned by a parent...

I went to this school a couple years ago... and did'nt really enjoy it. It wasn't the best school. The teachers were ok. The rules and how they handled situations were not great. The school was'nt the best learning environment and it wasn't a very enjoyable school. However, Essex Elementary School was good and Essex Middle School is great.

Coming from EES, I am glad to see that Essex schools pull it together eventually. Founders is well organized, efficient and has a fun and dynamic learning environment.

We were new to founders this year 2007-08 and love it. My daughter has grown in every way possiable. She had an excellent team of teachers. Thank you for the wonderful support.

Last modified Founders Memorial School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.