Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The 6th grade faculty has not prepared the students for middle school. They are very far behind. One of the teachers consistently utilizes abusive techniques. I.e. throwing erasers, squirting water at students, tipping over desk. Seldom is addressed when complaints are forwarded.

Amount of homework: Neutral

This varies based on the teacher. It is also subjective because some parents would prefer that students get no homework, so any homework to them in unacceptable.

There is a wonderful sense of community at Ferrisburgh. Parents support the work done by the staff, their is a strong and active PTO, and children are offered numerous enrichment opportunities. As a parent who has multiple children at the school, I have always had a good relationship with the administration and the staff. I've lived in Addison County my entire life. We moved to Ferrisburgh specifically because of the school's reputation for excellence. Sure, every now and then you run into an issue, but you'll get this anywhere. As long as you are respectful and open to dialogue, there has never been an issue that we haven't been able to resolve. Our children all have different strengths and weaknesses and all of them have thrived at FCS.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

New leadership started for 2016/17 school year, bringing fresh energy to the school and the programs.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They have a whole program (STARS) that focus on these topics and reward good behavior at a variety of levels, including staff.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

FCS has a considered approach to homework that allows children to have time at the elementary school level to engage in free play in off school hours. In higher grades, if a student manages time well during school hours, there is rarely more than 30-45 minutes of homework to bring home. It is great and matches current research on homework at these grade levels.

I have had two children go through this school and it is a wonderful school! Small enough to be individualized and quality, but not too small to not have quality offerings. A terrific school with strong and caring teachers.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Homework is inconsistent from class to class. Our 2nd grader has a lot of work and our 3rd grader has very little.

I think the negative reviews here reflect people who have had conflict with the administration, and it's important to understand that this has as much to do with the families as the school. We have two kids in the school, and they have both had really good teachers, and we find that it is generally a very caring and supportive educational environment. It's not perfect by any stretch, but our kids are thriving here. I also really appreciate the way teachers and support staff have worked with "difficult" kids, and we've seen a couple of kids make big turnarounds with a lot of help.

I've read the reviews below and do not agree with the negativeness. I find the middle school and the high school is where the issues lay. I find the administration to be responsive to issues. My son reads far beyond where I was at his age his spelling ability amazes me. Bulling there seems to be addressed aggressively and not tolerated. As for the tardiness comment below, they simply send a sticky not with the child to class to register the tardiness. Being picky about tardiness is reasonable. It's the parents issue as buses arrive on time and few kids walk to school. Do you want your child's being late for school continue in their professional life? Hows the boss going to like that? The field trips and party time is something I have not seen and I am at the school a fair amount. Talking to some teacher and they will tell you that some students rarely turn in home work. Could this be a reason some students are not ready for middle school? How much a parent is involved is critical to all students. " Significant student bullying with racial and relgious prejudice." In my experience this is a ridiculous statement although I know that some kid make fun of anything.

Last modified Ferrisburgh Central School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.