Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

Homework is inconsistent from class to class. Our 2nd grader has a lot of work and our 3rd grader has very little.

I think the negative reviews here reflect people who have had conflict with the administration, and it's important to understand that this has as much to do with the families as the school. We have two kids in the school, and they have both had really good teachers, and we find that it is generally a very caring and supportive educational environment. It's not perfect by any stretch, but our kids are thriving here. I also really appreciate the way teachers and support staff have worked with "difficult" kids, and we've seen a couple of kids make big turnarounds with a lot of help.

I've read the reviews below and do not agree with the negativeness. I find the middle school and the high school is where the issues lay. I find the administration to be responsive to issues. My son reads far beyond where I was at his age his spelling ability amazes me. Bulling there seems to be addressed aggressively and not tolerated. As for the tardiness comment below, they simply send a sticky not with the child to class to register the tardiness. Being picky about tardiness is reasonable. It's the parents issue as buses arrive on time and few kids walk to school. Do you want your child's being late for school continue in their professional life? Hows the boss going to like that? The field trips and party time is something I have not seen and I am at the school a fair amount. Talking to some teacher and they will tell you that some students rarely turn in home work. Could this be a reason some students are not ready for middle school? How much a parent is involved is critical to all students. " Significant student bullying with racial and relgious prejudice." In my experience this is a ridiculous statement although I know that some kid make fun of anything.

THE QUALITY OF THIS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CONTINUES TO DECLINE. WILL BE PULLING MY CHILDREN FROM HERE AND GOING ELSE WHERE. MANY GOOD TEACHERS HAVE LEFT AND THE PRINCIPAL IS VERY DIFFICULT TO REASON WITH.

A very difficult school administration to deal with, the school board is not easy to work with when parents bring issues to the meetings. It is condesending and lip service at best. The Regional profiency score are low and have been on that trend. I am not very plased with the academics at this school.

My daughter has been going here for two years. We have had a great experience so far. They seem to be a little picky on the tardy issue. My daughter is often a minute or so late, and they make way to big a deal out of it, but that is my only complaint so far. Teachers have been great.

The education at the school is marginally at best. My children struggled when they entered middle and high school. They were not well prepared at the 5th and 6th grade level. It was one "big party" with filed trips and funny story times. Many parents complained to the school admin and district admin, but we were ignored. Bullying is not addressed and the school board consist of castrated leadership. Be read to spend a lot of time with your child when they enter Middle and High. They will require the attention or end up getting frustrated and falling hopelessly behind. Regrettably this has gone on for so many years that the communtiy has generation of unprepared adult out there. So sad for a once nice little school.

Somewhat disappointed in the quality of this school as there have been significant student bullying with racial and relgious prejudice. The adminstration and school board seem unprepared to work through and handle in a professional manner. Numerous families have pulled their children due to these issues over the past three years. To bad for what was once a quiet country school

Both of my children went to this school and found it to be a good experience and foundation for the years ahead.

Last modified Ferrisburgh Central School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.