Bad
Good

Cambridge Elementary School 4

Posted July 10, 2012
My children had entered the school after school had started last year. They were welcomed into the school very well. They evaluated them and placed him into the appropriate levels. They also have a gifted program that starts in pre-k. I loved it. My pre-k child developed well, and was also welcomed in the class. The teachers was a huge help in adjusting to new area well. The older students teacher is so good, that I would recommend her for teacher of the year. She was amazing and new each family member and student with their flaws, and achivements. She recognized the student with rewards when they were deserved. The school also welcomed parents involvement within the school with activities, and other things. The only problem I had was with the gifted program which wasn't allowing my child to be in both math and reading programs. The other things was the teacher at time felt overwhelmed with too many kids in the same classroom. My oldest class had 1-21 child ratio.

Posted September 17, 2009
The staff are friendly,caring and competent. The school welcomes community volunteers. My children are safe and happy. The resources are up to date. The educational opportinities are ever expanding. I planned to home school but love the the community at Cambridge Elementary School.

Posted June 28, 2009
CES is a wonderful school! The teachers are great and very educated!

Posted May 20, 2009
My child is about to graduate high school and attended Cambridge Elementary School from Kindergarten through 6th grade. The teachers were and are still caring about their kids. My daughter got a great education while she was in elementary school however, not so much so in high school. If this was a perfect world, there would be more teachers at the high school level like the ones she had in elementary school. The principal, teachers and staff care so much about each child and teach for each childs learning type.

Posted March 22, 2009
Although I do not have years of experience with this school, my daughter is in the Cambridge Elementary School Pre-school program. The entire faculty and staff that I have encountered are extremely helpful and friendly. Educational aspect: Some individuals see pre-school as 'free daycare' and have limited expectations regarding on the skills they will develop & acquire during their time in pre-school. This is not so with the pre-school program. I have very high expectations on what I expect to be taught and what skills should be developed during my child's year within the program. They have exceeded every expectation. The classroom my daughter is enrolled in is wonderful. Every week they learn about a new topic from Facts about the state they live in, community helpers and their jobs within the community, etc. They also work on developing social skills, etc. It is truly wonderful!

Posted March 25, 2008
My daughter transfered here in 6th grade, and coming from CT, we find this school to be excellent. Lots of good programs for the kids, like Drama Club, band, sports, and nice community use of the school for dances and other events. They have advanced programs for gifted children and special help for those who need it. CES is a great part of our community.

Cambridge Elementary School 2

Posted March 22, 2007
The children are not meeting the academic test scores required by the state. There is too many activities in school that don't have anything to do with the standard classes needing to be taught ie; Math,Language,Spelling,Science,History, Music and PE. The children do not bring home enough study sheets that prepare them for tests. I am not happy with the education my children are receiving. The school expects the parents to participate as much as possible, but it is difficult most times if you are a full time parent. We feel bad because we don't have the extra time to give to our children because we work trying to keep up. And we certainly don't have the money to send them elsewhere. I don't believe the children are the highest priority. I feel the school is failing to give my children the proper education.

186 School St, Jeffersonville, VT  05464
Last modified Cambridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.