Middlebury, VT

Posted May 12, 2014
Best school in the region, including the local college. Faith, family and formation added to the three R's make a student whole in body, mind and spirit. St. Mary's reminds me of what school was for me as a child. Holidays celebrated, big buddies/little buddies working together in class and on the school yard. The teachers and administrators work with willing parents to to find and cultivate each student's genuine academic curiosity. It's a picture post card of where a caring, devoted parent should send their child.

Posted July 24, 2013
This school has not taught my child anything he is now the lowest in his class and is struggling with grades the only good thing about this school is the phys Ed program it is one of the best in the country it is taught by Steven ketchum I personally feel that that is the only good part of the school

Posted July 23, 2013
The worst school ever, they make up LIES ABOUT CHILDRENS GRADES AND they make up fake disorders so the not so smart kids do not have to take standardizing tests so the school has better reports.

Posted February 27, 2013
I have to post that I agree with all the high ratings people have given this school and I have to point out that it's all because the new principal is the one who has brought excellence back to St. Mary's. I have known her to be responsive, open and caring and I object to sites like these being used by disgruntled, uninvolved parents to lash out. At a recent school meeting it was shared that 100% of current families are returning. That's because of leadership. I can't remember the last time we had that many families coming back and that speaks volumes. We love St. Mary's and our children are thriving here. We would (and do) recommend it to anyone!

St Mary's School 2

Posted February 12, 2013
Teachers are wonderful principal is very unprofessional and doen't always have the best interest of children and families in mind!

Posted January 28, 2013
St Mary's is an amazing school. My children are receiving a stellar education and one which is truly customized to their abilities. Many schools try to individualize their programs but sadly fall short - either due to bureaucracy or teacher apathy. St Mary's excells at teaching not only the mind, but also the spirit. If you are considering a Catholic education, take a look at SMS. We are proof that excellence and creativity are not mutally exclusive!

Posted January 26, 2013
This school is wonderful! Very close community - every teacher, every parent, and every child knows one another. This comradery makes a fantastic and successful learning experience for my children.

Posted January 26, 2013
This is the 2nd largest elementary school in Addison County, and I cannot say enough great things about it.My kids have been attending for a number of years - the teachers truly care about their students, and take an active role in their lives. The small classrooms allow for successful differentiated instruction, which my children have benefited from personally. The principal and Father Beaudin play a very active role in the school community, allowing the students to feel truly at home in the school. It is a truly wonderful, close knit environment that both me and my children and benefit from.

Posted February 16, 2011
Shrinking school. Uneven quality of the staff is the main problem. The K and 2nd grade teachers are subperb. Other teachers are poor to mediocre at best. Too few students - now down to 60 and shrinking fast. Too much emphasis on selling lottery tickets to keep doors open. High teacher turnover - this has choas written all over it. Avoid.

Posted October 11, 2010
We have been a part of this school community since 2003 and I have never been as excited as I am this year. The phys ed teacher has not left, the new principal is full of enthusiasm and ideas that have woken up the whole environment. The third grade teacher was an outstanding teacher but she commuted over an hour and took a job much closer to her home. I can't blame her for that. My oldest son just started the local public school because St. Mary's is only K-6. He is very bored because his class at St. Mary's was so far ahead. Their standard test scores are probably double what the public school got too. School population has declined but that is happening state wide, the declining economy has also impacted enrollments. But the school itself is going strong, there were two major gifts to the endowment this year.

St Mary's School