Bad
Good

Milton Elementary School 5

Posted January 17, 2016
As a parent of a 1st grader and preschooler of Milton Elementary & Preschool and as a volunteer in my child's classroom for the second year, I have had the pleasure to help out in the class with such wonderful children and some of the most engaged and creative teachers I have ever met. The teachers find interesting and unique ways to bring learning and imagination to topics of the world by tying in math and reading concepts with culture around the world. The parents are very involved in class parties, volunteering and classroom team building activities outside of the class to promote fitness and a healthy lifestyle. We are very excited each Monday to send our kiddos back to school each week. The friends that my sons have met are all part of this community. It is so fun seeing school friends at community events. Our town is fortunate to have this wonderful community school! My preschooler cannot wait to get on the bus and see his teachers and friends each day!

Milton Elementary School 5

Posted November 01, 2013
Excellent Community school with amazing support. Parents are extremely involved and the the extra activities engage the students outside the classroom.

Posted April 08, 2012
As the parents of two children, grades K and 2, we have been extremely pleased with the teaching staff and level of education that MES provides. Our kids are not only reading by the time they leave K, but they are socially happy and content. I volunteer each week in their classrooms and as such, I get to see the variety of children who attend the school. Are there some bad apples? Yes. Does every school have these? Yes. My experience has been that they are handled in an appropriate manner. I do feel, though that currently, our teacher to student ratios are pretty good. With the restructuring that will be occurring soon, those ratios may make it difficult to give the proper one on one care to each of the kids. Worried a bit about this. But as it stands right now, I feel that if the appropriate parent effort is put into their education at home, that any child should thrive at MES.

Milton Elementary School 1

Posted March 28, 2012
absolutely horrible. We are on the 3rd administrative staff in the last 3 years. Its all lip service on what changes there are going to be. You have kids in class that try to stab other young kids with scissors. Teachers get no support from the administration what so ever. This is a great school if you have special needs. They bend over backwards. but if you are a normal child forget it. lunches are ridicules. the kids have no time to eat. kids don't go to lunch until 1pm. The bussing is a joke, my young son and his friends are consistently bullied and made to cry on the bus, good luck trying to get anyone to respond even when there are parents who witness what happens and reports it to the administration. Bottom line is kids do not feel safe going to this school, parents don t feel that the administration cares. . at thispoint in time myself and a mulitple of other aprents are seeking counsel's advice

Posted September 18, 2008
I am extremely satisfied with the teachers and staff at Milton Elementary. Not only do i have a daughter in 5th grade but a special needs child in 1st. The school has always have gone above and beyond in making sure both of my children have access to everything thing they would need to suceed in school. Great job Milton!!!

Posted May 21, 2008
I have volunteered in both my sons classrooms since they were both in kindergarten up through the sixth grade. Each year I would get to know all of the teachers at each grade level by visiting their classrooms, and I can honestly say that the teachers there are wonderful. Our experience there has been very positive.

Milton Elementary School

Posted November 30, 2007
I was extremely cautious about sending my son to Milton given the media and the test results. I have been extremely satisfied. The Kindergarten Teacher quality is outstanding. The test scores are driven by the diverse group of customers that the school serves

Milton Elementary School
42 Herrick Ave, Milton, VT  05468
Last modified Milton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Milton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top