Bad
Good

I have two children in NTS and think it is the best school around. I see some scores need improvement but with a new learning atmosphere we should see this up to state standards. The teachers have struggled for years just to be able to have the proper learning environment. NTS has teachers that care and love children. Not just some kids but all of them. From the office, the librarian, the nurse, the guidance dept, the recess staff-extra helpers and now the first and second grade teachers- WOW. You all do a great job and one can tell you love your jobs. My husband and I thank you for all you do for the kids and families of Newport Town. Sometimes we do not take enough time to give you the possitive feed back you all deserve. Once again thank you and keep up the great work!

Great teacher involvement- kids seem happy

I have two children that go to Newport Town School> I am very apalled at how when i have issues concerning my children in this school, that the issues get blown off. But when other parents can make the same complaint about their kids and poof the principal is then right on top of the issues. I think the principal and staff should take any complaint seriously and take action so the issue stop. Not tell me I will keep my eye out about this. If a kid is being treated unkind the principal should be talking to the students that are treating the child like that.

As a student at Newport Town School I honestly can say ' I can not wait to get out of here!!!'. This school needs a lot of structure and leadership. Teachers are rude and disrespectful. I hate to admit to people that I even go to this school. It has a bad reputation.

As a teacher at Newport Town School, I am extremely honored to work with such a committed and cohesive staff. We are committed to the whole child and are continuously searching ways to assist with student success. We treat each child with respect and try deligently to meet the needs of all our students.

I have 2 children in Newport Town School and I am apalled at the way this school is run! The disrespect from the teachers towards the students is out of control. We've had a lot of issues with this school and as far as I am concerned all problems get swept under the rug! I would never recommend this school to anyone, it's a BIG disappointment!

Last modified Newport Town School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.