Troy School 5

Posted October 19, 2013
This school, from a students point of view, is boring. Isn't that what any kid would think? Having graduated from this school four years ago as class president, looking back, it wasn't so bad. The teachers were all very fun and helped to make learning interesting. There was much to do after school and in the summer. Any help a student could need, would most definitely be provided if brought to attention of staff. Meals are very good. This school is a wonderful place for a child to learn and grow into the person they will become. I have a son now and got a GED so that I could finish school more quickly for my son. My grades on the tests were outstanding by the standards of the testers. I believe that had to do with my early education. Troy school made me love to learn and now for the rest of my life, I will have the skills I need to accomplish anything I could ever want to do. I made fiends that I still have today even though I live all the way in Ohio. I miss that school so much! Haha you get the idea. Send your children to this school!!! -Elizabeth Russin

Troy School 1

Posted February 12, 2009

Troy School 1

Posted February 06, 2009
A new principal just cut technology, math, art, and music classes. It's just about the stupidest thing any 'administrator,' could do. It's abuse. Abuse of teachers and students and the system. Was it because the school lost funding due to poor test scores? I think the principal is using the faltering economy as an excuse to promote her own agenda? It's disturbing. She apparently doesn't know about educating, but more frightening, doesn't care about the children. Troy kids need deserve a lot better.

Posted September 09, 2007

Troy School 0

Posted August 23, 2007
School just started yesterday, but I have seen quite a few improvements. All classes are back in the same building, the school looks much cleaner, But most importantly my children like their teachers so far. I am hoping this year will be a much better year than the past couple of years .

Troy School 2

Posted March 27, 2007
Well, I thought this year was off to a better start but so much for that. The teachers and discipline...what a complete joke. I am really considereing pulling my child from this school. I have requested conferences with the principle and teachers and nothing has been schedule yet, 2 months later. The math program is rediculous. They are not learning what they should be. I am really disappointed with the downfall this school has had in the past few years. And it really needs a 'GOOD' cleaning.

Troy School 2

Posted July 25, 2006
I had two choldren attend Troy I'm glad they are done with the school as it is headed downward as far as student disipline etc. The school needs to get a new cleaning team as last year the school was the dirtist ever.

Posted March 23, 2005

Posted July 19, 2004
Troy School is a magical and wonderful school that nurtures the total child. The teachers are kind, caring and intelligent. The environment teaches the children respect for each other and the greater community. The extracurricular activities include music, art, etc. The PE teacher is adored by the students (the outdoor play areas are segregated and designed by age group). The parent involvement is tremendous which supplements the computer lab, library, etc. The best elementary school overall when you combine scores, extracurriculars, teacher quality and love and care. This is a very good shcool but the interior isnt the best.

Troy School
126 Main St, North Troy, VT  05859
Last modified Troy School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Troy School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top