Bad
Good

Wonderfully nurturing school. Very clean and safe. Teachers who care. Great for someone looking for a small, orderly school in a nice facility. Definately room for parental involvement but not pressured to do so.

This school is great The principle, Mr West is awsome and is bringing new ideas and stuff to bring the school to the forefront. This school does not get the credit it deserves

I am not impressed by anything at this school to date. I feel so out of touch with my childs education. We moved to Pittsford at the end of Dec. and came from a school that was amazing. The teachers were there because they cared and enjoy working with children and parents. You felt like you were part of a team and everyone looked out for everyones children. Children and parents had access to teachers at home any time and any day of the week for anything that needed to be discussed. Maybe we have been spoiled or maybe we are the new kids on the block and thats why we feel so shut out. I have made phone calls to many staff members to set up meetings and have never received a phone call back. I really do not feel as though my child is safe. I HATE THIS SCHOOL!

It is a great school. My son struggles with academics and the support system that they have offered me has been very helpful. It is comforting to know that being such a small, they are able to offer the kind of resources that some of the city schools don't have. My son is excelling in everything thanks to all of the wonderful staff.

The academics are wonderful, but beware. Once a child is labeled, either good or bad, it is stuck with them at this school. I have seen teacher favoring at this school for years. I sincerely hope all this changes with the 2007-2008 school year and the new principal.

Last modified Lothrop School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.