Lothrop School 5

Posted November 23, 2010
Wonderfully nurturing school. Very clean and safe. Teachers who care. Great for someone looking for a small, orderly school in a nice facility. Definately room for parental involvement but not pressured to do so.

Posted September 21, 2008
This school is great The principle, Mr West is awsome and is bringing new ideas and stuff to bring the school to the forefront. This school does not get the credit it deserves

Lothrop School 0

Posted June 05, 2008
I am not impressed by anything at this school to date. I feel so out of touch with my childs education. We moved to Pittsford at the end of Dec. and came from a school that was amazing. The teachers were there because they cared and enjoy working with children and parents. You felt like you were part of a team and everyone looked out for everyones children. Children and parents had access to teachers at home any time and any day of the week for anything that needed to be discussed. Maybe we have been spoiled or maybe we are the new kids on the block and thats why we feel so shut out. I have made phone calls to many staff members to set up meetings and have never received a phone call back. I really do not feel as though my child is safe. I HATE THIS SCHOOL!

Posted January 20, 2008
It is a great school. My son struggles with academics and the support system that they have offered me has been very helpful. It is comforting to know that being such a small, they are able to offer the kind of resources that some of the city schools don't have. My son is excelling in everything thanks to all of the wonderful staff.

Lothrop School 3

Posted June 04, 2007
The academics are wonderful, but beware. Once a child is labeled, either good or bad, it is stuck with them at this school. I have seen teacher favoring at this school for years. I sincerely hope all this changes with the 2007-2008 school year and the new principal.

Lothrop School 3

Posted February 28, 2006
While the academic programs, music and art are all great at this school I feel that the favoritism that happens is not good. The children get labeled very quickly. Our child has done very well academically and loves music and art, but I don t think that is enough. A child should not come home and feel that they were treated unfairly compared to any other student. Ask questions, check out the teachers. Make sure your child is placed where they will grown and learn the best.

Posted February 23, 2004
Lothrop provides a positive learning environment. K-2 teachers warm, educated&wonderful with children. Art teacher exceptional. PE & music teachers great too. Principal very available, approachable & dedicated. Parent involvement is very welcome and greatly encouraged @ Lothrop.

Lothrop School
3447 US Route 7, Pittsford, VT  05763
Last modified Lothrop School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lothrop School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top