Bad
Good

Our son attended Twinfield from kindergarten through his sophomore year in high school when he transferred because he wanted the experience of a bigger school for his two years before college. He currently goes to U32 and, when asked to rate the two schools said he feels like they are equally good schools with different strengths. What he loved about Twinfield was the strong teacher/student relationship (something he finds lacking at his new, larger school), and the creativity of the academic programming. Twinfield pioneered the academic mentoring program (Renaissance Program) that is now a very popular option in many other Vermont schools. Our son's most inspiring academic experiences have been through the Renaissance Program classes he took at Twinfield. Its also worth noting that the current principal was just named Vermont Principal of the Year.

Amount of homework: Agree

There is enough homework to challenge students, but not enough to be overwhelming or detract from other interests.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Twinfield is one of the only public schools I know in Central Vermont that not only has a No Bullying policy but actually realizes that goal. It is also small enough that no student who is struggling will fall under the radar but instead will get the attention he/she needs.

Twinfield Union School has recently had a change of principals as well as a good number of teachers and with the old principal gone the school is getting much better. Students are happier, any student who does not like this school is most likely around the 'wrong people" who are in all schools, or they may want a larger school experience. This school has rising scores in academics and technology is becoming very accessible to all students. With the new age starting in this school I would highly recommend this school to any parents interested in sending their children here.

I like this school. I was supposed to go to Spaulding; but after spending a day there, I decided to go to a smaller (and less scary) school.

When I enter twinfield everybody loves me. My mohawk attracts everybody to my personal bubble. When people try to de-throne me in 4-square they find that it can not pass my mohawk. My mohawk is everything. My mohawk. IS UNSTOPPABLE. The teachers don't even have to teach me everything, one rub of my mohawk and everything that's wrong instantly becomes correct. The knowledge spreads on the wind that is created by the magical thrust of the mohawk. Nobody dares stand in my path, my mohawk is just too magical too flamboyant. Teachers also find they can't even speak to me because I just rub over my mohawk and it makes them be quiet because it's just so amazing.

There are a lot of improvements that need to happen at Twinfield. Socially, it is small and so therefore comfortable and usually loving and kind. But academically, there is a lot that needs to happen before Twinfield is up to par and can produce high school students that are truly "college ready".

I think this school should not try to be buddy buddy with the students. it needs more disipline. the buddy system is not working. just to clue you in...

This school is not the school it has the potential to be. There are too many politics going on and not enough teaching and respect for the children and community. I have been very dissappointed with the down hill decline and lack of concern from the 'principal'. I truly feel things need to change drastically in order for our school to thrive. I would not recommend this school at this time.

I have worked at Twinfield for 14 years and love it! The students here are amazing and the community is supportive. Although we are a small school, we try to provide a variety of learning experiences for the students. Students from Twinfield who have challenged themselves and taken advantage of all we have to offer have gone on to do incredible things. We are like a very large family and the teachers here are deeply invested. My daughters attend Twinfield and are happy and challenged. I wouldn't want them to be anywhere else.

Last modified Twinfield Usd #33 is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.