Posted April 30, 2014
The students and staff at Rochester school are closely connected in a way that only small town communities can be. High school students know elementary students, and are supportive of each other through kindness and respect. I am blessed to have such a caring group to join with my child in the educational process of public school. Because of our size, and community financial donations limitations, we would greatly appreciate and benefit from this award. Thank you!

Posted April 26, 2014
Rochester School is a wonderful place. My son has been a student at Rochester School for six yrs since preschool. We have seen so many positive changes at our school to include our new principal. One of the best things that I love that our new principal has done since the beginning of our school year is she writes a weekly blog about things happening at our school. It's an amazing way to communicate to not only the parents of students at our school, but also our community. Also this year our school theme is Sustainability and it has been wonderful seeing the kids recycling and also using our greenhouse and providing greens for our lunch salad bar. I am also very passionate about Rochester School because this is the school where my husband graduated. We are a small school in a small community with a lot of community spirit. This community spirit was shown when we were affected by Tropical Storm Irene. Our school was affected by the flood waters and it was the community spirit that helped our auditorium get restored with new chairs and a new paint job. Our new principal has also helped our school become known as a whole school and not just a elementary and middle/high school.

Posted April 26, 2014
My husband and his family members graduated from Rochester School. Moving from CT to VT when I was ten was a huge change in area and school size for me, but meeting my husband and starting our family, I just knew that I wanted my daughters to attend and graduate from Rochester School. I was lucky enough to get one through and am now two years from the 2nd and final graduation. Our small community supports the school in big ways. The students and the teachers are the center of many activities that are always a draw to bring community members out to show their spirit. We are small but what we give our children and our students is an education and an opportunity to grow as individuals. We have a new principal that has brought many new things to the school, including a blog that is written weekly and provides not only our school community but others valuable information about the things we are doing and the things we want to continue doing to help our students succeed.

Rochester Elementary/High School 4

Posted March 11, 2014
As a RHS graduate, married to a RHS graduate with siblings and in-laws who have also attended RHS I am very proud to have my child attend this school. No school is perfect but I have found that if you are an involved parent you can partner with the school for your child's success.

Rochester Elementary/High School 3

Posted April 06, 2010
This is a very small community school with dwindling enrollment and shrinking programs. The kids are great but as a parent especially outside the local community cliques, communication is difficult and progress to resolution of a problem is slow. New administrative model with the principal (who is wonderful) outside of the building and sharing responsibilities with another school, leaves a lot to be desired. Middle school is very strong with good supportive teaching staff. High school not so much.

Rochester Elementary/High School 4

Posted April 05, 2010
This is a wonderful school albeit small. It offers a strong general education and the skills to excel at whatever a student chooses to do after Rochester High School. Among many other great schools Rochester High School has sent two students to Harvard and both graduated from that university. The teachers here respond to students' needs and offer a good solid education. The sports teams are active and strong and because the school is small all are included who want to play. Extracurricular activities are varied and fun. It is an exciting and fun place to learn.

Rochester Elementary/High School
222 South Main St, Rochester, VT  05767
Last modified Rochester Elementary/High School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rochester Elementary/High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top