9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son attended mill river union high school his 9th and 10th grade year he is a 2013 graduate. He was very unhappy and wanted to switch to MSJ. We're both so happy he made the change. Are only regret is that he didn't spend all four years there.

Small school, small town. Hands on experience with an exceptional network of Alumni all over the country.

Mt St Joseph Academy has turned out to be a great experience for both my kids. The teachers care about the students and want them to ahieve. They have always been willing to "go the extra mile". My child was well-prepared for college. The school teaches students vital skills such as discipline, respect and time-management as well as academic instruction. Also MSJ has a great community spirit. The guidance counselor, Mr Stevens, does an exceptional job helping students in the process of choosing a college. Finally, MSJ teaches students to love God and their neighbor and to share their talents and blessings with others.

MSJ has turned out to be the best thing for my son. He's intelligent but was simply gliding through public school with no real focus or sense of belonging. MSJ gave him direction and structure, as well as an extended family. He is truly getting a fantastic education in the classroom and on the playing fields. I can't commend the coaches and teachers enough for their devotion to the students. I am a single mother and was worried that financially, MSJ would've out of our reach. The school financial team worked with me to find a comfortable price I could afford. Honestly, the fees that pop up during the year can be a financial strain, but it's a pain I'm willing to endure. GO MSJ!!!!!

Deciding to attend MSJ was a mistake. I cannot fully express my disappointment in the lackluster academics. The institution gives a false facade of an intellectual powerhouse, which is completely inaccurate. Many public high schools in Rutland County are as stimulating, or even more intellectually challenging. As a fourth generation alumnus, I feel that all of my family's nostalgia has been replaced by the profound conviction that MSJ should close.

My daughter attended public school until she transferred to MSJ as a junior this year. It has been life changing for her. A number of things never clicked for her in public high school. Since beginning MSJ her experience has been wonderful. She was on a highly successful soccer team, was admitted to the National Honor Society, and has made wonderful friends. MSJ has a very welcoming community of parents, teachers and kids. I feel that what she needed was more structure,less electronic devices, and more support from her teachers. MSJ provides all of these. Athletics are strong, academics are excellent and theater and arts are encouraged. I would highly recommend attending MSJ.

This used to be a good school, until we received our newest Principle, She has turned the great school that it used to be with a great school community completely in side out. Her and her administration have censored our school newspaper, forced our elected President to resign or be expelled, as well as saying that all students regardless of religious faith need to FULLY participate in the weekly Catholic mass. If you ask any of the current students not a single one of them is happy with the school.

From Fall 2012 on this school has gone down the toilet. The quality of academics, athletics, other extra-curriculars, administrative policies and so forth has drastically decreased. Don't bother to go to this school.

This school provides ample opportunities. Whether on the stage, on the court, or in the classroom, there are ample opportunities that allow students to succeed. There are several different clubs and organizations that I belong to. Many of my friends also agree that there are dozens of things one can join to be active outside of the classroom. Sports are also an important part of the MSJ experience. Beginners are welcome to play a sport that they are interested in playing here. All of the coaches and players are very welcoming towards new people. There are several different sports for any type of athlete. This is a great opportunity as well as the education one receives. The academics in this school are above average. Academics here are far better compared to many public schools in Rutland County. Teachers are always dedicated to their students and make themselves available whenever a student needs them. Also, the class sizes are small, which allows for personal attention during class as well. The school's biggest issue is a lack of enrollment which is mainly due to the high cost of attending this school. However, many scholarships are available to those who need them.

I am very pleased with the education my daughter received at MSJ and my son is thriving there as a freshman. MSJ educates the whole student - spirit, mind, and body. The small class sizes and trimester format allow the students to have many opportunities. The athletics have been important to both of my children, and they have been able to play varsity sports every season. The teachers and coaches really care about the students. Because it's a Catholic school, the students have Mass, Confession, and Adoration available, as well as many community service opportunities. I wouldn't send my children anywhere else.

Last modified Mount St Joseph Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12