Rutland, VT

Mount St Joseph Academy 4

Posted March 12, 2015
MSJ has turned out to be the best thing for my son. He's intelligent but was simply gliding through public school with no real focus or sense of belonging. MSJ gave him direction and structure, as well as an extended family. He is truly getting a fantastic education in the classroom and on the playing fields. I can't commend the coaches and teachers enough for their devotion to the students. I am a single mother and was worried that financially, MSJ would've out of our reach. The school financial team worked with me to find a comfortable price I could afford. Honestly, the fees that pop up during the year can be a financial strain, but it's a pain I'm willing to endure. GO MSJ!!!!!

Posted February 28, 2015
Deciding to attend MSJ was a mistake. I cannot fully express my disappointment in the lackluster academics. The institution gives a false facade of an intellectual powerhouse, which is completely inaccurate. Many public high schools in Rutland County are as stimulating, or even more intellectually challenging. As a fourth generation alumnus, I feel that all of my family's nostalgia has been replaced by the profound conviction that MSJ should close.

Posted January 19, 2015
My daughter attended public school until she transferred to MSJ as a junior this year. It has been life changing for her. A number of things never clicked for her in public high school. Since beginning MSJ her experience has been wonderful. She was on a highly successful soccer team, was admitted to the National Honor Society, and has made wonderful friends. MSJ has a very welcoming community of parents, teachers and kids. I feel that what she needed was more structure,less electronic devices, and more support from her teachers. MSJ provides all of these. Athletics are strong, academics are excellent and theater and arts are encouraged. I would highly recommend attending MSJ.

Posted December 05, 2014
My son decided to attend msj in his Junior year of school. The main reason was he wanted a school that would give him an above average education. Well MSJ more then exceeded our expectations in that area. Not only was he excepted into all the colleges he applied for, he also received substantial scholarship money to attend. The teachers are very helpful and always available when you have concerns. When there's a crisis of any kind they pray for whatever the situation is which I'm very thankful for. If I had any younger children they certainly would be going there it gives young adults a good foundation. Sincerely , Anita Rice

Posted December 02, 2013
This used to be a good school, until we received our newest Principle, She has turned the great school that it used to be with a great school community completely in side out. Her and her administration have censored our school newspaper, forced our elected President to resign or be expelled, as well as saying that all students regardless of religious faith need to FULLY participate in the weekly Catholic mass. If you ask any of the current students not a single one of them is happy with the school.

Posted November 06, 2013
From Fall 2012 on this school has gone down the toilet. The quality of academics, athletics, other extra-curriculars, administrative policies and so forth has drastically decreased. Don't bother to go to this school.

Mount St Joseph Academy 4

Posted April 03, 2013
This school provides ample opportunities. Whether on the stage, on the court, or in the classroom, there are ample opportunities that allow students to succeed. There are several different clubs and organizations that I belong to. Many of my friends also agree that there are dozens of things one can join to be active outside of the classroom. Sports are also an important part of the MSJ experience. Beginners are welcome to play a sport that they are interested in playing here. All of the coaches and players are very welcoming towards new people. There are several different sports for any type of athlete. This is a great opportunity as well as the education one receives. The academics in this school are above average. Academics here are far better compared to many public schools in Rutland County. Teachers are always dedicated to their students and make themselves available whenever a student needs them. Also, the class sizes are small, which allows for personal attention during class as well. The school's biggest issue is a lack of enrollment which is mainly due to the high cost of attending this school. However, many scholarships are available to those who need them.

Posted October 15, 2009
I am very pleased with the education my daughter received at MSJ and my son is thriving there as a freshman. MSJ educates the whole student - spirit, mind, and body. The small class sizes and trimester format allow the students to have many opportunities. The athletics have been important to both of my children, and they have been able to play varsity sports every season. The teachers and coaches really care about the students. Because it's a Catholic school, the students have Mass, Confession, and Adoration available, as well as many community service opportunities. I wouldn't send my children anywhere else.

Posted October 01, 2009
I am very pleased with the education my son is receiving at MSJ. It is well worth the investment. MSJ is helping me to raise an intelligent, thoughtful, and socially responsibile young man. The teachers and staff are dedicated to helping each student find his/her own personal success.

Posted September 23, 2009
As a parent , I believe this is an excellent school. Academically, the students are held to a high standard. The number of students who attend college exceeds the state percentage by a wide margin. The smaller class sizes and individualized support allow students to succeed in grasping complex topics. They are well prepared for college. Both my children manage homework and sports activities. The amount of homework is very reasonable. Both boys play sports every season. I don't believe they would have this opportunity in any other school. The coaches, administrators, and staff are of the highest caliber and very approachable. There is a focus on social justice which encourages students to make a difference in their world.

Mount St Joseph Academy
127 Convent Avenue, Rutland, VT  05701
Last modified Mount St Joseph Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Mount St Joseph Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top