Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

There is absolutely NO INTEGRITY and NO FAIRNESS to be found anywhere in the St. Johnsbury school.

Very poor excuse for an educational establishment. My children are damaged from this 'school'. We now homeschool our children and still continue to pay for our public 'school' to damage more children.

New administration every year. My son has been bullied every single year. We have been in there so many times in the past four years and never any results. It is not just the children, it is the teachers too! Not all of them, but a fair many. The last incident a teacher told another student to ignore my son! She allowed the students to call my sin a rasist because he misunderstood a question! What kind of a person does this to a ten year old boy?? If you are planning on moving to this area find a different school.

Best educational facility in the Northeast Kingdom, excellent faculty, and an administration that is making changes that will improve the school. All six of my children have attended this school. Arts are a huge emphasis and the preparation for high school was really good.

I have a 3rd grader and a 1st grader at this school. Their teachers are dedicated, hardworking individuals. My kids are thriving. It's just a shame the community at large will not invest in the school.

This school has Major discipline issues and lacking parent teacher communication skills. The school structure is being redesigned every year and nobody can keep up with it.

This school is a disgrace to Education and represents everything that is wrong with Socialist Vermont. I sincerely wish I could use the education tax portion of my property taxes to help support local alternatives. My son began Kindergarten here as a bright-eyed student eager and excited to go to school every morning. By the mid-point of second grade he had been bullied so severely that he is now afraid to be alone in a room and is an emotional wreck. Every attempt my wife and I made to work with administration regarding his being bullied was ignored and turned back upon my son - the victim. We are now homeschooling him and he is receiving counseling for the damage this "school" has done to him. Think long and hard before you submit your child to the harsh environment of this, according to the State of Vermont, "failed" school.

Good School. Teachers are commited. Need to work on bullying in the school. Need better communication between Administration and families.

Nothing done about bullying. Unfair treatment depending on who you are. Below standards on most testing. Nothing extra for kids who are above standards. No algebra program. Kids not ready for high school. (even straight A students) Administration unfriendly and fake. Too much money spent on Administration and not on kids.

I believe that our middle schoolis a good school for many reasons. Yet the top are Parents are always welcome and included in their childs learning and school life. I have had 3 children go through this school with the last still there in 6th. grade. I am pleased with the way teachers students staff and parents all work together.

Last modified St. Johnsbury School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.