Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

We are so glad to have made the decision to take our son out of the private school and into the St. J school! Administration has gone above and beyond to ensure that our son and we as parents are comfortable and well informed. He has made so many new friends and above everything he's happy at school for the first time in a few years. One thing we were concerned that he may lack by joining the public school is individual attention. He's a smart guy and we didn't want him to be under stimulated. But the school has continued to challenge him in many areas, and he is in fact taking an advanced math class, preparing to take a course at the Academy next semester. They have so many programs to engage almost any child- choir, band, theatre, robotics, several sports programs, and so much more. We couldn't be happier!

We were hesitant to send our children to this school after hearing rumors about challenges the school is experiencing, but we have not regretted our decision once. This is an excellent school with dedicated staff that work to make sure each child is challenged at his or her level. We have had our children in private schools, and can honestly say that this school provides each student with the structure and stimulation needed to allow them to grow into the best student they can be. The resources available allow for accommodation of children in need of additional assistance as well as the advanced student that needs to be challenged above and beyond the norm. The school has even helped us coordinate to have one of our children attend the world renowned Saint Johnsbury Academy for advanced math classes.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

There is absolutely NO INTEGRITY and NO FAIRNESS to be found anywhere in the St. Johnsbury school.

Very poor excuse for an educational establishment. My children are damaged from this 'school'. We now homeschool our children and still continue to pay for our public 'school' to damage more children.

New administration every year. My son has been bullied every single year. We have been in there so many times in the past four years and never any results. It is not just the children, it is the teachers too! Not all of them, but a fair many. The last incident a teacher told another student to ignore my son! She allowed the students to call my sin a rasist because he misunderstood a question! What kind of a person does this to a ten year old boy?? If you are planning on moving to this area find a different school.

Best educational facility in the Northeast Kingdom, excellent faculty, and an administration that is making changes that will improve the school. All six of my children have attended this school. Arts are a huge emphasis and the preparation for high school was really good.

I have a 3rd grader and a 1st grader at this school. Their teachers are dedicated, hardworking individuals. My kids are thriving. It's just a shame the community at large will not invest in the school.

This school has Major discipline issues and lacking parent teacher communication skills. The school structure is being redesigned every year and nobody can keep up with it.

This school is a disgrace to Education and represents everything that is wrong with Socialist Vermont. I sincerely wish I could use the education tax portion of my property taxes to help support local alternatives. My son began Kindergarten here as a bright-eyed student eager and excited to go to school every morning. By the mid-point of second grade he had been bullied so severely that he is now afraid to be alone in a room and is an emotional wreck. Every attempt my wife and I made to work with administration regarding his being bullied was ignored and turned back upon my son - the victim. We are now homeschooling him and he is receiving counseling for the damage this "school" has done to him. Think long and hard before you submit your child to the harsh environment of this, according to the State of Vermont, "failed" school.

Good School. Teachers are commited. Need to work on bullying in the school. Need better communication between Administration and families.

Last modified St. Johnsbury School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.