Bad
Good

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted December 20, 2015
Not once have I seen any one in this school display a leval of respect for all the students in their care.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted December 20, 2015
When the teachers told me "we don't have time" for my child that they labeled with a severe learning disability, I knew then that they have NO COMPASSION and NO EMPATHY for their students.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted December 20, 2015
There is absolutely NO INTEGRITY and NO FAIRNESS to be found anywhere in the St. Johnsbury school.

Posted December 20, 2015
Very poor excuse for an educational establishment. My children are damaged from this 'school'. We now homeschool our children and still continue to pay for our public 'school' to damage more children.

Posted November 29, 2015
New administration every year. My son has been bullied every single year. We have been in there so many times in the past four years and never any results. It is not just the children, it is the teachers too! Not all of them, but a fair many. The last incident a teacher told another student to ignore my son! She allowed the students to call my sin a rasist because he misunderstood a question! What kind of a person does this to a ten year old boy?? If you are planning on moving to this area find a different school.

St. Johnsbury School 5

Posted May 22, 2014
Best educational facility in the Northeast Kingdom, excellent faculty, and an administration that is making changes that will improve the school. All six of my children have attended this school. Arts are a huge emphasis and the preparation for high school was really good.

St. Johnsbury School 4

Posted April 24, 2014
I have a 3rd grader and a 1st grader at this school. Their teachers are dedicated, hardworking individuals. My kids are thriving. It's just a shame the community at large will not invest in the school.

Posted March 30, 2014
This school has Major discipline issues and lacking parent teacher communication skills. The school structure is being redesigned every year and nobody can keep up with it.

Posted January 21, 2014
This school is a disgrace to Education and represents everything that is wrong with Socialist Vermont. I sincerely wish I could use the education tax portion of my property taxes to help support local alternatives. My son began Kindergarten here as a bright-eyed student eager and excited to go to school every morning. By the mid-point of second grade he had been bullied so severely that he is now afraid to be alone in a room and is an emotional wreck. Every attempt my wife and I made to work with administration regarding his being bullied was ignored and turned back upon my son - the victim. We are now homeschooling him and he is receiving counseling for the damage this "school" has done to him. Think long and hard before you submit your child to the harsh environment of this, according to the State of Vermont, "failed" school.

St. Johnsbury School 4

Posted January 15, 2009
Good School. Teachers are commited. Need to work on bullying in the school. Need better communication between Administration and families.

257 Western Ave, Saint Johnsbury, VT  05819
Last modified St. Johnsbury School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.