Saint Johnsbury, VT

St. Johnsbury School 5

Posted May 22, 2014
Best educational facility in the Northeast Kingdom, excellent faculty, and an administration that is making changes that will improve the school. All six of my children have attended this school. Arts are a huge emphasis and the preparation for high school was really good.

Posted April 24, 2014
I have a 3rd grader and a 1st grader at this school. Their teachers are dedicated, hardworking individuals. My kids are thriving. It's just a shame the community at large will not invest in the school.

St. Johnsbury School 1

Posted March 30, 2014
This school has Major discipline issues and lacking parent teacher communication skills. The school structure is being redesigned every year and nobody can keep up with it.

St. Johnsbury School 1

Posted January 21, 2014
This school is a disgrace to Education and represents everything that is wrong with Socialist Vermont. I sincerely wish I could use the education tax portion of my property taxes to help support local alternatives. My son began Kindergarten here as a bright-eyed student eager and excited to go to school every morning. By the mid-point of second grade he had been bullied so severely that he is now afraid to be alone in a room and is an emotional wreck. Every attempt my wife and I made to work with administration regarding his being bullied was ignored and turned back upon my son - the victim. We are now homeschooling him and he is receiving counseling for the damage this "school" has done to him. Think long and hard before you submit your child to the harsh environment of this, according to the State of Vermont, "failed" school.

Posted January 15, 2009
Good School. Teachers are commited. Need to work on bullying in the school. Need better communication between Administration and families.

St. Johnsbury School 2

Posted September 26, 2007

St. Johnsbury School 0

Posted July 02, 2007
Nothing done about bullying. Unfair treatment depending on who you are. Below standards on most testing. Nothing extra for kids who are above standards. No algebra program. Kids not ready for high school. (even straight A students) Administration unfriendly and fake. Too much money spent on Administration and not on kids.

St. Johnsbury School 5

Posted October 09, 2006
I believe that our middle schoolis a good school for many reasons. Yet the top are Parents are always welcome and included in their childs learning and school life. I have had 3 children go through this school with the last still there in 6th. grade. I am pleased with the way teachers students staff and parents all work together.

Posted May 02, 2006
- a former student

St. Johnsbury School 2

Posted July 19, 2005

St. Johnsbury School
257 Western Ave, Saint Johnsbury, VT  05819
Last modified St. Johnsbury School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St. Johnsbury School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top