Sharon, VT

Posted September 25, 2013
We love this school for our daughter. She is a very bright child, and they are making accomodations for her to go to the next grade up for her strong subjects. It's a "sharing school" in that the teachers consider all the children to be their students, so student-infusion is commonplace--they are very focused on meeting each child's needs. There is a speech therapist that comes in regularly and who has monitored my daughter's lisp (not a problem), and they have teacher's aides who help with the developmentally disabled kids. Their community involvement is incredible--they are the location for the Farmer's Market in town, the staff and students grow their own vegetables for lunches, they frequent local farms and orchards on field trips, they attend performances around the area, and parents are very involved in making extracirricular sports, girl scouts, and other activities happen. It's a rural school in the heart of farming country, so doesn't generate the Ivy League tax base that Norwich does, but their attention to making the school a stimulating, happy, and loving place for children shows, so it gets a A+ from me.

Sharon Elementary School 4

Posted October 31, 2012
My wife and I are very satisfied with this great little school. I think teachers do a good job of balancing the needs of different kids and abilities. They also make an extra effort to get the kids outdoors, visiting local farms, getting involved with their community. Well Done!

Posted July 17, 2008
The care for one another permeates the whole building, from staff to student, student to student, and all who walk through the doors. The town of Sharon should be proud and support this wonderful school. The community also benefits from free use of the building.

Sharon Elementary School 4

Posted August 20, 2007

Sharon Elementary School 3

Posted January 04, 2007
I think Sharon Elementary has excellent teachers and staff who do the best with the limited resources we have. It is unfair to insist on programs and a quality of care that go beyond what our resources are capable of providing. The fact is that it is the same small group of truly concerned parents who put all the time and effort into making student extracurricular activities and sports programs worthwhile experiences for our children. The problem is not with the teachers and staff. Too many Sharon parents still think of school as a daycare and not as a community that requires the active participation of all parents. I feel that my children are treated with dignity and respect and we don't hesitate to send our kids to school. Sure, we don't have the resources of Norwich or Hanover, but we do what we can with what we have.

Posted November 16, 2006
I feel that Sharon Elementary is a loving and nurturing environment for our children. The staff are devoted to their students and make every effort to work closely with parents.

Sharon Elementary School 2

Posted January 20, 2006
I too feel as if my daughter has been neglected. While she has no disabilities, I feel she is under-challenged with the boring course work. When I approached her teacher with this feeling, nothing was done and no suggestions were given. I'm glad we are currently house-hunting and our main selling point is going to be the school system rating.

Sharon Elementary School 1

Posted March 01, 2005
I have two children in this school. I have never been more unsatisfied with a school than I have with this one! My two children have attented 5 other schools due to employment and this one has been our worst experiance. My oldest daughter, in the 6th grade has been neglected. Sharon is not and has not been capable of helping my daughter with her special needs. She is a 'Chapter One' child and since grade 2 has had assisted help with reading and math starting at the beginning of the year. Sahron Elementary has ignored my concerns until just very recently at the third quater to take concern of my daughter. Until this year my daughter looked forward to school despite her need for help. My other daughter was recommended by her doctor to have speech therapy Sharon has denied this fact. We are very displeased! Please take notice!

Sharon Elementary School 3

Posted February 23, 2004

Sharon Elementary School
75 Vt Route132, Sharon, VT  05065
Last modified Sharon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sharon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top