South Burlington, VT

Orchard School 5

Posted May 22, 2013
We are sad to be leaving this school. They have a very well-rounded curriculum that encompasses not only educational development but also health, community, and morals. I love the work towards better nutrition for the kids: "eat the rainbow" to introduce many new and healthy foods to kids, the school garden, and incorporating whole grains and fresh and local veggies into lunches. Many parents are invited and even personally approached to be involved, they feel important and valued for being involved, and so many parents volunteer their time. Important values are acknowledged routinely and maintained through continued awareness and practice. I love love love this school and will dearly miss it. I hope to be able to bring the practices of this school to our new school...

Orchard School 0

Posted October 07, 2008
We moved into this district because the school was highly rated. We have been thrilled with the curriculum, atmosphere and positive energy at this school. They have been very proactive in dealing with issues. They are nurturing the children not just teaching them. It is an amazing school and my son loves to go to school every day.

Orchard School 5

Posted August 20, 2004
My son went to this award winning school and I just can't give it enough praise. The faculty and staff are so caring and nurturing! The school grounds are gorgeous - from the magical woods to the student-tended gardens. Inside, the library has a great collection of books, wonderful new computers (enough for an entire class), and even very unusual pets, like an iguana, a tortoise and a tarantula. What a great school!

Orchard School
2 Baldwin Ave, South Burlington, VT  05403
Last modified Orchard School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orchard School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top