PK-3|Private

Bad
Good

I want to recommend this school very highly for an academic environment. If you are looking to give your child a gift of a lifetime I recommend this school strongly.

My husband and I are professionals with Ph.D. in engineering. With full time schedules; finding quality care for our daughter is our top priority. ICS has been the best experience for my daughter and for us as parents. After joining , we were so amazed to find that she started reading & writing 3-letter words! When she graduated from the ICS (age 6), her reading & math skills were already at the 2nd grade level. More importantly than the academics, she built up her self-confidence at ICS. With the successful learning experience, she is always eager to learn new things and confident on taking challenges. One day she came home singing the song We can move the world, we can touch the sky, we can climb the highest mountain, spread our wings and fly. Positive attitudes taught at ICS is essential for a child s development. Now a 3rd grader, she continues to love learning and her reading,math skills are well above grade level. In this year s Continental Math League, she won the first place in the entire school 3rd grade. We feel that the skills and positive attitude she learned from ICS has made and will continue to make the most impact on her learning.

This past year our two children attended the International Children's School .Much to my surprise the children enjoyed doing homework after school. They loved being in a school environment learning about different countries, composers and famous artists. To compliment their learning ,the playground next to the school and vaious field trips made the school year go by very quickly..We are presently in another country and our children are always talking about "Their International school " and friends and teachers....We all miss them....

Our daughter attended the ICS for two years before we moved out of state. Thanks to the principal's excellent recommendation letter, she entered first grade at one of the top elementary schools in Massachusetts even though she missed the admission cut-off age. Despite her young age, our daughter not only did excellent academically and socially, but was also referred by her current teacher to be tested for giftedness. The ICS gave her a solid foundation, upon which she s able to continue building her education. Enrolling her at the International Children s School was the best thing we could have ever done for our daughter. The teachers at the ICS are great educators and great friends to their students. They really care about them and are able to bring together both discipline and education with fun and silly games. She often talks about her teachers and other children from the school. Whenever we visit in Vermont, we make sure to stop by and say hello at the ICS. We cannot thank them enough for the gift they have given to our daughter.

My wife and I are both physicians who have re-located from Canada . Upon arriving in VT. we researched several schools in this area for our 4 year old daughter, without having success. One of our colleagues suggested that we contact The International Childrens School.We were so thankful for his help. We were looking for more than a play all day school. The children we met came and introduced themselves to us and welcomed us to their school. She was so happy in this environment . She would not stop talking about all the new things she has learned. She is now an excellent reader and knows a great deal about the human body and how it works and her math equations are what she called easy -pesy. My wife and I are very grateful and for ever Thankful to The Principal and her staff.

My 5-yr old daughter has had such a steep learning curve in the last 18 months. When she started she barely knew her alphabets and now she can read small chapter books. She does complex addition and subtractions in Math with confidence. Kids are taught good manners and discipline in a loving manner. Compared to most other centers, it is very spacious and clean which helped her ( us ) stay healthy. They do lot of activities-ice skating , apple picking and summer parties. I admire the dedication and commitment of the principal who is easily approachable and open to suggestions. I am very thankful and owe a great deal to the the school who contributed significanly to my daughter's early learning experience. I am a physician who believes in strong foundation for a successful future.

Last modified International Children's School is a Private school that serves grades PK-3