Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Our kids are very happy and content at their new school, and so aren't we! GEMS is truly a remarkable place.

GEMS is such a great school to educate my kids! The teachers are great and nice.

This is our second year at GEMS, and we could not be happier! Our kids have adjusted to the new school. They have made friends, and we love the education and all the "extras" that they are receiving as well!

I am a grandparent. I and my granddaughter from Maine visited with grandchildren who attend this school. My granddaughter's partner for a talent show was unable to be at the show this past February. The granddaughter I brought from Maine wanted to perform and help and be part of the show. The music teacher embraced this idea....she let my granddaughter from Maine participate. It was so refreshing to be in a place that was safe, and wonderful and open to love of children. They ran around on a cold winters February night without their bulky boots or shoes and had socks and pretty dresses and had a fabulous time. I wish I could have met the principal of this school. This school is really connected to their children and families. Thank you for what you do.

We are so so happy that we decided to move to Georgia this past year. We are thrilled with the schoolsthe main reason we moved here was because of the great school reviews and now we know why!) Parent involvement is hard these days due to the economy and the need to work longer hours, but it is clear that in this small community, parents try their very hardest to be as much apart of their children's lives as possiple. Teachers are attentive, supportive and know my child to the core. They understand her learning style and give advise to team and improve her skills. These teacher know and love the children they teach...This is very clear. The principal is amazing :)

Like any school, there are positives and negatives. GEMS certainly has more positives, but there are areas they could improve. My gifted child never felt challenged at GEMS. They do offer a full range of enrichment courses, but not enough to really push him to what he was capable of doing. He's finally getting that in high school. GEMS has some great teachers, others have been there so long they seem to have lost enthusiasm. More new teachers are coming in and they are incredible and really know how to relate to the children they teach. Bus service is offered, though some areas require kids to walk down the street to a cluster stop. In bitter cold or very snowy days, I've heard kids complain about having to stand in the cold to wait for a bus, especially if it's late. It's always seemed wrong to me to make some neighborhoods do cluster stops while other bus routes don't require it even though the bus stops every 10 or 20 yards.

We've lived in Georgia for a couple of years now and our whole reason for building here was because of the superb reputation of GEMS. I have not been disappointed. From the teaching staff, to the programs, to the administration to the community- everyone here genuinely cares about this school and together make it a great place to be. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

I love this school. The teachers and staff are wonderful. They treat each child with respect and care. They have succeeded in really giving my son exactly what he needs to succeed. The community is welcome and encouraged to participate in school activities which make this school a success.

I am so relieved that we moved here before the kids were born. They had a program on bullying, my kids didn't see the point, there just isn't any. Great soccer, basketball, baseball, and enrichment programs.

Last modified Georgia Elementary & Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.