Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

I have a kindergartner in this school who is a boy very hyper yes as he is 6 years old. I don't think that sending a child to the principals office an her basically treating them like they are criminals is anyway for them to be treated in elementary school. I can see them getting talked to but to keep bringing up something they did wrong over and over makes no sense to me. Also having them draw a picture of what they did come on. I could see if they were older kids but pre k and kindergarteners give me a break. Need a principal who isn't so harsh on such little kids. I will be sending my son to a different school next year where I have heard nothing but great things about an no parents have complained about the other school.

Develops character: Disagree

I already said what I had to say in my review principal is very harsh on little kids I think anyway.

The principal runs the school, like a dictator and superiority complex. My two kids attend, this school and one of them is a special needs child, he did not get the kind of help he needed for his dyslexia. My son can be a handful, and the principal takes it out on us, as if we are her children as well. Some of the teachers are OK, but there are some that are rude and have some prejudices.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

My smart child, really likes her teacher. My son on the other hand thinks his special ed teachers are bullying him.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Too much homework, my special needs son is always crYing over the homework. My other child is up all night.

Develops character: Disagree

My son is a special needs child, and is constantly hounded when he makes mistakes that he is bad, that he is lying, which doesn't build his self esteem. My other child is smart and not a special needs child, but yet she was not picked for Lego club, when she explained to me that she put her name on the list. The principal finds favor with certain kids and parents!

My grandchildren attended this school; two are special needs children; we moved from WRJ to Claremont NC two years ago and decided AFTER two years of poor schooling to bring them back to WRJ. I have had children in many schools throughout the US and WRJ Elementary is the TOP OF THE HEAP in childrens' best interest. They are the BEST in teaching and nurturing children. i would recommend this school to anyone! Even the children have 'picked up' this way of treating newcomers. Thank you White River Elementary for your BEST efforts! CWeeder

White River School is the best elementary school I have ever seen. My oldest daughter attended several different schools before we settled here and none of them were as good as this school. I always feel like my child is cared for when I drop her off. The whole school makes everybody feel like we are all part of one big family!

It has a real family atmosphere. Great teachers and principal.

This has been a fabulously warm school. The principal plays softball with the kids at each recess, and every child in the school has a community reading partner. Empathy and personal responsibility are emphasized in the community atmosphere. I ove this school.

Last modified White River School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.