Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

White River School 3

Posted April 03, 2016
I have a kindergartner in this school who is a boy very hyper yes as he is 6 years old. I don't think that sending a child to the principals office an her basically treating them like they are criminals is anyway for them to be treated in elementary school. I can see them getting talked to but to keep bringing up something they did wrong over and over makes no sense to me. Also having them draw a picture of what they did come on. I could see if they were older kids but pre k and kindergarteners give me a break. Need a principal who isn't so harsh on such little kids. I will be sending my son to a different school next year where I have heard nothing but great things about an no parents have complained about the other school.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 03, 2016
My sons kindergarten teacher is great no complaints about her at all. Mrs trombley is a great teacher.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted April 03, 2016
I already said what I had to say in my review principal is very harsh on little kids I think anyway.

White River School 2

Posted March 22, 2016
The principal runs the school, like a dictator and superiority complex. My two kids attend, this school and one of them is a special needs child, he did not get the kind of help he needed for his dyslexia. My son can be a handful, and the principal takes it out on us, as if we are her children as well. Some of the teachers are OK, but there are some that are rude and have some prejudices.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 22, 2016
Thank you to Mrs. Driscoll, for being a good math teacher to my daughter. She enjoys school.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted March 22, 2016
My smart child, really likes her teacher. My son on the other hand thinks his special ed teachers are bullying him.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted March 22, 2016
Too much homework, my special needs son is always crYing over the homework. My other child is up all night.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted March 22, 2016
For my smart child, yes to some degree. She trys really hard to get ahead.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted March 22, 2016
No, the special ed. Teacher and principal, don't respect us as parents, and my son is always complaining.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted March 22, 2016
Not really, my kids seem to talk back and only care about themselves, feel like they learned this at school.

102 Pine St, White River Junction, VT  05001
Last modified White River School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.