Bad
Good

Posted January 08, 2013
My grandchildren attended this school; two are special needs children; we moved from WRJ to Claremont NC two years ago and decided AFTER two years of poor schooling to bring them back to WRJ. I have had children in many schools throughout the US and WRJ Elementary is the TOP OF THE HEAP in childrens' best interest. They are the BEST in teaching and nurturing children. i would recommend this school to anyone! Even the children have 'picked up' this way of treating newcomers. Thank you White River Elementary for your BEST efforts! CWeeder

Posted January 08, 2013
White River School is the best elementary school I have ever seen. My oldest daughter attended several different schools before we settled here and none of them were as good as this school. I always feel like my child is cared for when I drop her off. The whole school makes everybody feel like we are all part of one big family!

White River School

Posted April 24, 2010
It has a real family atmosphere. Great teachers and principal.

Posted January 16, 2010
This has been a fabulously warm school. The principal plays softball with the kids at each recess, and every child in the school has a community reading partner. Empathy and personal responsibility are emphasized in the community atmosphere. I ove this school.

Posted January 04, 2008
The White River School was a great place for our son from K right thru the 5th grade. There are some extraordinary teachers at each level in the school and we are grateful for the great start they gave our son. I would not have had him anywhere else for elementary school.

Posted February 04, 2007
The teachers my two children have had are awesome. There are a lot of school activities that are great. Many more than I hear my friends talk about with there kids schools in the area. I think this school gets a bad rap because of the 'area'. Not true..I wouldn't have changed my kids going there if had to do it over.

White River School 2

Posted June 26, 2005
Teacher selection needs to be looked at much more closely. There are a FEW great teachers there that try their hardest for each child. There are more not so understanding teachers at this school. Cracks do exsist although their are a few teachers that don't belive that kids do get left behind and fall through cracks. We asked repeatedly for our child to be retained, 'she was learning' She is a horrible reader/writer/or math student. At an elementary level by no means should a child feel less then perfect. This school or some of the teachers have made it very difficult to keep a strong minded child interested in school now when they already cracked her 'foundation'.

White River School
102 Pine St, White River Junction, VT  05001
Last modified White River School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
White River School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top