Williamstown, VT

Williamstown Elementary School 0

Posted April 11, 2010
This new principal is so out of touch with teaching kids. Her way of communicating is hard to understand, and I feel like she just makes things up when questioned. She acts like you are breaking in when you come to visit and her rudeness is so obvious. I just hate that my kids have to be there.

Williamstown Elementary School 3

Posted September 04, 2008

Posted November 16, 2007

Posted May 20, 2007

Posted August 03, 2005
I am a parent of 2 students at the elementary school and one in the high school. I am very impressed with the growth the elementary school has made over the past 5 years. I always feel welcome at school and the guidance counselor is always aavailable to take my calls and meet with me if i need her. My daughter's teacher this past year was not very good but I know she was getting support from others in the school. I am excited about my kids starting school next month.

Williamstown Elementary School 2

Posted March 11, 2005
I personally do not think that this school is up to speed with other schools. We have just moved to the area at the start of this school year. My daughter is working on math this march that she already learned in her other school last year in the first month (in a lower grade). She has only had 4 spelling tests to date. Also she hardly ever has homework, let alone work over 1 page long. Her teacher had to have a mediator in the classroom to help her work on her anger issues. In her last school there were book reports, required reading, spelling every week, and math tests at least at the end of the unit. We see no grades ever! Work returned home has been self corrected and has no teacher marks on it. This school needs more help than just with the principle!

Williamstown Elementary School 2

Posted July 09, 2004
- a staff
This school is in the lower half in terms of quality. The primary problem is the administration. The principal has minimal understanding of the behavioral and academic expectations of elementary schools. This past year was her first at the elementary school level. She has been entrenched at the high school level, both as teacher and assistant principal, for over 20 years. In short, her understanding of appropriate elementary school climate is sorely lacking, resulting in an unsteady school climate. The teachers genuinely care about the students. However, there's a polarization of experience. A great many are retireing shortly, the rest are novices. Lastly, the teachers are reluctant to change their practices despite current research. The PE, Art, Music teachers, and the Librarian are top notch. The district level administration rules with an iron fist, refusing to consider divergent perspectives, and often imposing mandates with little or no prior discussion.

Williamstown Elementary School 3

Posted June 09, 2004
The teachers for the most part are what make this school a good school. They genuinly care about our children. Dan Foster the PE teacher deserves much of the credit in helping to not only teach but to excuse the pun foster these children. The staff is fantastic, from the custodians to the lunch room. As far as curriculum I think things are imporving. My son who is 2 yrs behind my daughter is doing much of the same work in many subjects. Kudos to the school.

Williamstown Elementary School
100 Brush Hill Rd, Williamstown, VT  05679
Last modified Williamstown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Williamstown Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top