Williamstown, VT

Williamstown Middle/High School 4

Posted April 03, 2014
Williamstown Elementary and High School! All of my children attend both of these schools and I'm greatful to the school staff they have been a wonderful support to my family through out these years. They are a small school so the att. my children receive is amazing it truly takes a community to raise our children and they are a great support to our community.

Williamstown Middle/High School 4

Posted August 28, 2013
The WIlliamstown School system may be rural but there is a lot of heart. There may not be 25 special offerings, but we do have the ability to work outside the box. Student are able to take class on line or at local college facilities. Yes, there may be some issues with teachers, but show me a school that doesn't. If a student wants to learn and their parents want to get involved then there are resources, opportunities and people to help. Both the elementary and the middle-high school have male principals. Things are changing for the good and the school, students, teachers and community are all making this happen.

Williamstown Middle/High School 1

Posted July 17, 2010
i want to the school it was not a good school at all i got picked on a lot and no one really did anything

Posted April 11, 2010
The middle school principal is so unbelievably negative and unpleasant to deal with. Why we need 2 principals in this small school is just another way we taxpayers are taken advantage of. I believe we should clean house, get rid of the middle school principal and expect the HS principal to do her job and run a school where our kids can learn.

Williamstown Middle/High School 1

Posted March 19, 2010
i am a student of williamstown and in my opinion it is not a good school. Some of the teachers are nice. the school is a bit small there is 2 math, English, and history teachers but only 1 foreign language teacher. the middle school does doesn't have that much room so they have a math room in the middle school hallway. They also have a class in the high school hallway and when the students are trying to learn they are so loud. The principle in my opinion isn't nice. She doesn't deal with some problems kids have she said she will but she wont. So in all this school is not a good school.

Posted April 29, 2009
WMHS is not a very good school in my opinion. The education system is lacking in all areas. I am a sophomore this year and when I talk to sophomores from other schools, they have already learned what I am learning now, earlier on in their schooling. As a student athlete, I feel that the school is more concerned about sports and doing well in sports than they are the kids education. I have tried to move to other schools, and I'm always on the waiting list for school choice. WMHS is not a very good place to go to school, educational wise.

Posted January 30, 2008
the elementry school is a wonderful place to send your children ,the staff members are a wonderful bunch of caring human beings right down to the custodial staff. the middle high school is awfull only a very few there that should be there.disipline what disipline. the place needed a face lift but someone in charge needs to clean house from the principals all the way down to the bottom of the totom pole.it's a awful place to send children and to work there.

Posted July 28, 2007
As a former student, I would like it to be noted that I am writing coherant English. I can tie my shoes, balance my checkbook, and use a semicolon. SAT score: 1210. I am not a failure of the educational system. When I met Ms. Morris-Quartz, she had a ladder over her shoulder, and paint can in hand, and a pair of paint-splattered overalls on. She was re-painting the school herself. This, I kept with me through all other frustrations, because her good intentions were so materially there to begin with. This school is a work in progress. I think that she tried too much, too fast, and lost control of it. I would have done no better myself. Also, despite all my griping while I was there, the most important thing is that I had teacher-friends right there griping with me. WMHS can be good for you. In a brocolli kind of way.

Posted February 12, 2007
I worked at this school over five years ago and I did not like the way things were handled then. Behavioral students were not dealt with. Unfortunately, my son decided to go there this year. He is a freshmen. I was very apprehensive. The smaller numbers in classes has been great for him. The teachers still don't get back to you in a timely manner. I still feel that this school needs more then a cosmetic face lift. The communication is lacking, they don't offer enough extra curricular activities and they shouldn't offer core 9 and 10. Overall I am trying to adjust, but my son seems happy. I hope he will get a good education from this school.

Posted December 19, 2005
As a parent of two children one in the Elm. one in the High School I have to say that my overall feeling of this school is somewhat mixed.I feel all of the teachers that I have had the pleasure of meeting are Wonderful,loving,qualified teachers! My one child in the middle school is a fun loving,polite but very lazy child. The teachers there have put in countless hours of phone calls and such to try and help establish a plan that works for him. The Teachers thus far receive an A+++ from me. I do feel the school needs great repair and I am glad the bond passed. Ms.Kortz has been helpful also in my experiences.I do wish the teachers had more time for parent/teacher meetings however they are only one person teaching appx.70 children a day! Please understand they cant sit by the phone waiting for you to call!

120 Hebert Rd, Williamstown, VT  05679
Last modified Williamstown Middle/High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Williamstown Middle/High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top