Aldie, VA

Posted September 09, 2014
I have had three of my children attend this school. Mr. Phillips is truly vested in the success of the school. Parents are encouraged to participate in any school activities. The guidance and counseling staff are exceptional. I believe the kids that have written negative reviews may just not like middle school, any middle school. I could not recommend Mercer any higher!

Posted August 24, 2014
Our daughter is going to be in 8th grade and she loves the school and teachers are great and supportive.

Posted May 23, 2014
Mercer is great! I am in sixth grade and will be staying until 8th grade! All the negative reviews are not true and it has very good teachers and very good discipline! Mr. Philips is on top of everything and I love all the clubs! I have made so many friends here too! 2013-2014 is it's most recent year and is the best! Love this school! Best in Loudoun!

Posted April 23, 2014
My son goes to this school and has had a very positive experience so far. He enjoys his teachers and his classmates. I hear the same from his friends. I'm surprised by the negative reviews.

Posted January 08, 2014
I hate it and I can't get out. I feel bad for my friends here to. Everyone is so screwed up. I wish I never went here. It's torture

Mercer Middle School 4

Posted December 13, 2013
This is my sons 2nd year at Mercer and it has been a wonderful school for him. His teachers are responsive and helpful when issues arise. The new administration is working on getting it's sea legs and has demonstrated a strong leaning towards leveraging current technology. I have nothing but good things to say about this school and my son is very happy there - or as happy as any child going to school will be:-). He has participated in a number of the clubs(engineering, Lego Robotics) and is currently in two classes that will give him high school credit. I have been in the school quite often and don't understand why someone claimed it was dirty since it is well maintained and is less than 10 years old. -- submitted by an involved parent

Posted September 28, 2013
Absolutely TERRIBLE school. The teachers are non helpful the school is dirty the kids are very rude and bully eachother a lot. Whoever goes to this school i feel bad for them Them their future will be terrible and they will work at mcdonalds . This school should be taken down HORROR!!!

Posted August 26, 2013
My school is Mercer. A lot of the other reviews are bad, but that is most likely because it was a while ago. It is now the 2013-2014 school year. The teacher are all really nice and funny and would love to help you whenever you need it

Posted May 10, 2013
I agree with the previous review by a parent that the administration sweeps problems (bullying) under the rug and retaliates against the parents. There is a huge disparity between the way some students/parents are treated by the administration over others. More professional development is needed across the board, especially with their Special Education staff. This administration takes no accountability for their actions. As a parent, I find myself trying to undo all the damage done to my kids by the school. Something is very very wrong with the administration. They need a total staff overhaul from the top down. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone.

Posted June 24, 2010
i just finished my 8th grade year and can not be happier to finally leave. This school is pretty annoying and terrible with the exception of a few teachers and administers. Some teachers everybody loves but there are more that the entire student body hates. This school is also pretty cliquey just as an fyi, pretty much no one hangs out with anyone outside of there clique(i am guilty for hanging out wth only my clique).

Mercer Middle School
42149 Greenstone Dr., Aldie, VA  20105
Last modified Mercer Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mercer Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top