Aldie, VA

The Boyd School - Aldie 4

Posted December 09, 2014
My daughter moved up from toddler to the primary class last year. I've never seen her happier - she loves coming to school! She loves her teachers, who take time to greet her and treat her like their own. It eases my mind to know she is in such a caring, loving environment.

Posted December 03, 2014
Great school !! My son's in Kindergarten this year. He absolutely loves his school & his teachers!! Wonderful teachers..they encourage him according to his individual interests !! He comes home learning new stuff each day. Great administration & would highly recommend!!

Posted December 02, 2014
I have been very pleased with the Boyd School's Aldie Campus. My daughter is thriving there and loves her teachers. Every day she comes home with something new, whether it's recognizing a new "sight word" from her reading practice, or teaching me something about one of the continents - it's always something new. The teachers encourage her independence and know when to push her harder (she can be stubborn and often likes the easy way out of things). I appreciate the hard work they put in every day. There was a leadership change this past school year and with it came great improvements especially from a communication standpoint. Additionally there has been far less turnover of teachers - this is a huge deal for kids who thrive on consistency and often regress when there is upheaval in their precious routines. I am very happy with the Boyd School in Aldie and would recommend to anyone seeking a quality Montessori education for their child.

The Boyd School - Aldie 1

Posted February 20, 2014
The administration of the school is personable and warm, unfortunately the lead teachers do not share these qualities. If you are considering this school, use care and caution. My child experienced a bullying incident with an older student (6 years old) in the mixed age group classrooms. I met with the teacher and because she didn't see the incidents, she accused my young child of "lying" (her words), and accepted no responsibility. I also saw this teacher pull (gently) on a young students ponytail to get her attention. Not the safe, nurturing environment I expect for children ages 3-5. Take notice that the kindergarten class meets for less than 2 hours in the afternoon, and school ends promptly at 2:30 - so you need to really evaluate the quality and quantity of education. In 2012-13 they had about 12 kindergarten students, in 2013-2014 there are around 5 - what does that tell you? When I moved to another school, my child was assessed at being behind when we were on target at the beginning of the school year. Absolutely NOT worth the cost to attend, there are far better choices.

The Boyd School - Aldie 4

Posted October 01, 2013
My son started in the toddler program last year. It is amazing how much he has blossomed in this environment. His language growth, ability to play independently, and his level of concentration are simply remarkable. Communication from the school has not always been the most forthcoming as others reviewers have said, but my biggest want is for him to love going to school and that he certainly does.

The Boyd School - Aldie 1

Posted September 19, 2013
We enrolled our son here when he was a toddler. It was our first experience with daycare, and it wasn't a good one. I repeatedly had problems with my phone calls and emails either not being answered at all or not answered promptly. We only had our son in the school for a few days but during that time there were occasions where the teacher was not in his room at his designated drop-off time, as well as 2 times where he was not thoroughly cleaned after a diaper change. Our son was also absent from the program for 2 weeks due to illness and no one ever called to check on how he was doing or why he was out. It seemed to me that this school is run more as a profit center than as a place where they truly care about parents or children. We decided to pull him out early because of all the problems we had there and were left paying an additional 3 months of tuition while he was no longer attending. Simply put: this school is a gamble not worth taking.

The Boyd School - Aldie 2

Posted September 02, 2013
Good school but never know what my kid did all day: no summary reports ( even tho they say they will do it). I remind them and then one gets posted outside the room for two days then none for the rest of the month. The afternoon teachers have no knowledge if my child napped, ate, played, cried, etc. I don't like being in the dark on what my 2 year old does all day...even a high level summary would be sufficient.

The Boyd School - Aldie 3

Posted August 30, 2013
I agree with the other reviews: the school program & teachers are great but the management is awful. The Director is the daughter of the Boyd School. It's obvious she has no management experience although she is a great Montessori teacher herself. It's a shame really. On a weekly basis, we debate continuing to stay at this school. Even the teachers complain about the director. My theory is: she is trying to hire the cheapest labor possible (lots of interns) in order to make the school a profit center which it might not be yet. It often feels like they are "nickel & diming" all the parents. At $1600/month I don't think we should feel like that. It should be about the kids and only the kids.

Posted August 16, 2013
As a parent with two children in this school, I am totally scratching my head about what other parents are saying. I remember the issue with the teacher leaving. The Director was direct and upfront with us, the parents, as to the situation and what went on. In the end, the teacher did return to the school and is still there. Speaking to teachers leaving, maybe if the parents actually got to know the teachers better they would understand why - many of them come in from further out - Gainsville, Haymarket, even the Front Royal area. They happen to find something close to home or have a situation where they can be close to their own children. Teachers are not getting up and walking out. As a former teacher in Fairfax County Schools, I can tell you the turnover rate for public school teachers is far worse and this is nothing. I just wanted to clear up that the teachers are truly dedicated and leaving usually for other reasons than what is presented in other comments here. The staff here has been nothing BUT patient when it comes to my children and any issues that arise with them. I am completely happy and pleased we chose The Boyd School.

The Boyd School - Aldie 2

Posted June 28, 2013
It used to be good over last year but this year most of teaches leaving so not sure what's going on inside. Their curriculum is good but there i no way to find out. More over the kids play area is asphalt and my kid got hurt many times, told the Management but seems like they don't care much.

The Boyd School - Aldie
24328 Goshen Rd., Aldie, VA  20105
Last modified The Boyd School - Aldie is a Private school that serves grades PK-3
The Boyd School - Aldie Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top