Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted April 23, 2016
This school deserves a much higher grade. Please understand John Champe is a new school and has it's growing pains. I have 2 children that attend the school and they love it, I love it too! I have called to talk to teachers and guidance counselors and they all ways return my calls and are genuinely concerned about my children personally and academically. The Band program is phenomenal and so is the Tech Ed department and the Football team. Its a Great School!!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted April 23, 2016
All teachers communicate with me when I ask for it and sometimes when I don't. They are willing to do whatever it takes to help your child succeed.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted April 23, 2016
My kids do have homework every day but they have never been overwhelmed with it.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted October 10, 2015
No because some of the teachers are not effective because they don't take the time to grade the work that the students does so they can see exactly what areas that the student needs help in.

John Champe High School 2

Posted October 10, 2015
We are new to this area and at first we thought it was a good school until I called the school to talk to the teacher about my concerns on how she grades test and class work and homework. When I spoke with the teacher I asked her how does she grades the work she gives out because I couldn't understand how my daughter had gotten a 54% on test when the paper had 25 questions and only four was marked wrong and the teacher explained that she only graded 8 questions on that paper and I said that was not fair and the teacher said she doesn't grade every piece of work or question that a student turns in and when I said that was not fair the teacher said that she had been teaching for 17 years and no teacher has time to grade everything that a child turn in that would take up to much time. So when I called back up to the school to speak with the guidance counsellor at 8:15 am I told she was in a meeting and didn't call me back until 3:00pm and she had already talk to the teacher and she told me that she understands the teacher because she is a insider and that she said that since I'm outsider that's why I don't understand that the teacher has been teacher for a long time and that is how all the teachers in that department grades. So when I called the next morning at 9:30am to speak with the principal I left my cell and home number and that I was calling to speak about my child and my concerns and he didn't even care enough to call me back. So now I will be calling the school board. Please parents go over all your children work and make sure everything is graded like it suppose to be graded so you can make sure your child is getting the best education they can get.

Posted January 27, 2015
We are new to this school, and we could not be more pleased. After relocating from another school in the area, I could see and feel the difference with how my children felt after the first few months. The school leadership, faculty and parents I have met have been stellar! The parents I have met have been amazing. Always willing to assist in anyway they can. I guess that's the benefit of being a newer school. The school is now in it's third year and they continue to make huge strides from their athletics to the academics. If you are looking to relocate here, I highly recommend John Champe High School!

Posted January 07, 2015
This school is excellent. The teachers and staff really care about the students. It's still a new school but there are so many good things about it. My child has a nurturing environment to learn and prepare for college.

Posted June 04, 2014
John Champe encourages excellence in all areas and for all staff and students. The quality of the teachers is outstanding.

Posted April 14, 2013
Fantastic school. The teachers and administration have done a great job of building enthusiasm, and all the subjects are well-taught. Teachers are there to help students, and they actually TEACH, which, coming from a students, is a very good thing. The math department is incredibly, and surpasses Freedom's a billion times. Despite these good things, Champe still needs to work on its extracurriculars. Other than that, it's a great school to attend. Thank you JCHS!

Posted March 29, 2013
Great school Great teachers outstanding performance best staff students get all what they need to a achieve.

41535 Sacred Mountain Street, Aldie, VA  20105
Last modified John Champe High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.