No rating

St Rita School

Private | PK-8 | 233 students

Living in Alexandria

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $419,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,260.

Posted May 3, 2014

I am really not impressed with the middle school at St Rita's. It's ridiculously disorganized -- homework sheets are given to some kids but not to others. Tests may or may not happen when they are scheduled. Projects are given with no due dates. They push the kids to do too much too soon. Why do we need to make college students out of 7th graders? Is three hours of homework every night the norm these days? It's really a shame too because it's a sweet, little community school.

Posted November 8, 2013

I have two children attending St. Rita and I couldn't be happier with its nurturing environment. There is a strong academic focus and both of my children take advantage of the great basketball and track programs that are available. My older daughter is finishing her last year at the school and our whole family is feeling many emotions as she prepares for the sacrament of confirmation, and also as she prepares for high school. It will be a sad day when these kids part ways; but also an exciting new chapter that they are now very prepared for. The involvement and guidance of the principal, the pastor, the teachers, and every family has been the staple to an amazing journey of support and we are so blessed to be a part of this family environment. Both of my children now have friends for life.

Posted September 27, 2013

My youngest daughter has just begun her last year at St. Rita School. What a wonderful experience we have had here over the past 11 years. Her older sister is now a high school sophomore and was so well prepared both academically and spiritually for her transition. Our principal's office door is always open, our pastor is ever present and together with faculty and parents, they wrap their arms around your family and guide you through all the ups and downs of life. I will miss this family.

Posted September 27, 2013

St. Rita School has a clear mission, to form students academically and spiritually, and it succeeds at both equally well. We have had several children graduate from St. Rita and find them to be very well prepared for high school. The Principal of St Rita is highly professional and caring. She and her staff provide excellent models of living the faith and are serious about providing high quality academics to the diverse student body (which comes from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds; there are also a number of military families). The Pastor is very involved in the school and is well-loved by the students. This small school (one class per grade) has a family feel about it, and parents are very involved in after-school programs, faculty support, and fundraising. The Catholic identity of the school is strong, but the environment is very welcoming to all families, no matter their religious affiliation. The only challenge is that it can be hard to secure a spot in the school as the many young families in the parish start to have school-age children.

Posted August 20, 2013

This is an awesome school. From the admissions director Ms Cunningham to the Kindergarten Teacher Ms Moran They are awesome! friendly , helpful, courteous! I am a first time mom the whole parish is very helpful. My son loves going to school already he has had a couple of hours with the teacher not even started school and already loving it ! Me and my husband attended a ice cream social for the kids and parents and everyone in the staff was very friendly including parents! Love this school already!

Posted April 18, 2013

Great school. My kindergartener is thriving. We have been really pleased with the education, the teachers, the school community, parent involvement, etc. So glad we ended up choosing it over our home parish school which felt more like a fancy prep school, and over our home ACPS public school which is struggling.

Posted April 6, 2012

This is the BEST school around. My son was in the preschool for their first year operating and I cannot tell you how pleased I was with the quality of their program. Everyone (from the principle to the priest to the teachers to the secretary, and beyond) make this an absolutely wonderful environment. We are moving and will not be able to continue next year but we would if we could. Saint Rita set a very high bar for the next school we attend.

Posted September 16, 2009

great in all what they do and how they help the community

Posted September 16, 2009

Because its the best! Good teachers,parents and most importent children

Posted January 13, 2009

I love this school!!! the Principal is the best, she is very professional!! The Science Teacher is the awesome, she really engages the children. My children love St. Rita.

Posted December 5, 2008

I've been a teacher at Saint Rita for several years. It is an excellent school and very tight knit. With an average of 18-20 kids per class, the teachers can really work one on one with each child. The school has added a beautiful science lab and art studio. As for half days, there is only one scheduled per month for a faculty meeting - unlike weekly half days for public school. This year, there are three other half days from the diocese for curriculum mapping. This is mandatory for all schools. Saint Rita is a great place for students and I would highly recommend it. The principal is extraordinary and one of the best I've worked with. She is a model of Catholic values and professionalism.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 7, 2007

My child has been at saint rita since K, the school is wonderful, the princple is just wonderful. The school is small and tight knit.

Posted July 18, 2006

This is an AMAZING school! As a current seventh grader at Saint Rita's, I can assure all prospective families that this is the school you want for both religious and academic education. It's a really small school compared to others in the area, but that is positive in my opinion. Sports is not a big central focus at St. Rita's--basketball is the only thing available. Special classes like music, art, and PE aren;t taken very seriously-- no A,B,C,D, or F's, just effort grades-- but they are well taught and favorites of the students. The computer lab is well equipped. The library is decently stocked, not so great for research (go to the computer lab) but wonderful for pleasure reading for all ages. Parents are well involved in the annual Silent Auction, Bazaars and other events as well as the everyday academics. St. Rita's gets two thumbs up!
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 25, 2005

St.Rita Catholic school is ,in my opinion, one of the best schools. It is very open to different races and different abilities. If I were to rate it I would give a Ten not just for the school but for the teachers and staff. This school has a very complex learning system and when I have kids this will be the school on my top 5 list.
—Submitted by a student

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Arlington

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3801 Russell Road