Alexandria, VA

Posted January 23, 2015
I feel so blessed and honored that my boys are students at St. Rita! The school truly embraces its mission of the soul of education is the education of the soul . The curriculum is not only strong but they truly do teach to the mind and soul of each student. St. Rita is a small school which allows an amazing community of families to flourish and support one another. Mrs. Moran is the best kindergarten teacher. She is strict and she expects a lot from the children, but the love and care she takes with embracing their nascent educational journey is an amazing to watch. Plus, the amazing principal, Mrs. Mary Pat Schlickenmaier recently was honored with a national award from the National Catholic Education Association, only one of nine principals in the entire country!

St Rita School 3

Posted May 03, 2014
I am really not impressed with the middle school at St Rita's. It's ridiculously disorganized -- homework sheets are given to some kids but not to others. Tests may or may not happen when they are scheduled. Projects are given with no due dates. They push the kids to do too much too soon. Why do we need to make college students out of 7th graders? Is three hours of homework every night the norm these days? It's really a shame too because it's a sweet, little community school.

Posted November 08, 2013
I have two children attending St. Rita and I couldn't be happier with its nurturing environment. There is a strong academic focus and both of my children take advantage of the great basketball and track programs that are available. My older daughter is finishing her last year at the school and our whole family is feeling many emotions as she prepares for the sacrament of confirmation, and also as she prepares for high school. It will be a sad day when these kids part ways; but also an exciting new chapter that they are now very prepared for. The involvement and guidance of the principal, the pastor, the teachers, and every family has been the staple to an amazing journey of support and we are so blessed to be a part of this family environment. Both of my children now have friends for life.

Posted September 27, 2013
My youngest daughter has just begun her last year at St. Rita School. What a wonderful experience we have had here over the past 11 years. Her older sister is now a high school sophomore and was so well prepared both academically and spiritually for her transition. Our principal's office door is always open, our pastor is ever present and together with faculty and parents, they wrap their arms around your family and guide you through all the ups and downs of life. I will miss this family.

Posted September 27, 2013
St. Rita School has a clear mission, to form students academically and spiritually, and it succeeds at both equally well. We have had several children graduate from St. Rita and find them to be very well prepared for high school. The Principal of St Rita is highly professional and caring. She and her staff provide excellent models of living the faith and are serious about providing high quality academics to the diverse student body (which comes from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds; there are also a number of military families). The Pastor is very involved in the school and is well-loved by the students. This small school (one class per grade) has a family feel about it, and parents are very involved in after-school programs, faculty support, and fundraising. The Catholic identity of the school is strong, but the environment is very welcoming to all families, no matter their religious affiliation. The only challenge is that it can be hard to secure a spot in the school as the many young families in the parish start to have school-age children.

Posted August 20, 2013
This is an awesome school. From the admissions director Ms Cunningham to the Kindergarten Teacher Ms Moran They are awesome! friendly , helpful, courteous! I am a first time mom the whole parish is very helpful. My son loves going to school already he has had a couple of hours with the teacher not even started school and already loving it ! Me and my husband attended a ice cream social for the kids and parents and everyone in the staff was very friendly including parents! Love this school already!

Posted April 18, 2013
Great school. My kindergartener is thriving. We have been really pleased with the education, the teachers, the school community, parent involvement, etc. So glad we ended up choosing it over our home parish school which felt more like a fancy prep school, and over our home ACPS public school which is struggling.

Posted April 06, 2012
This is the BEST school around. My son was in the preschool for their first year operating and I cannot tell you how pleased I was with the quality of their program. Everyone (from the principle to the priest to the teachers to the secretary, and beyond) make this an absolutely wonderful environment. We are moving and will not be able to continue next year but we would if we could. Saint Rita set a very high bar for the next school we attend.

Posted September 16, 2009
great in all what they do and how they help the community

Posted September 16, 2009
Because its the best! Good teachers,parents and most importent children

3801 Russell Road, Alexandria, VA  22305