K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Posted January 28, 2016
We are a military family and therefore move every 2-3 years. When I received my orders to the Pentagon I immediately starting looking for the best school districts (as any parent would). However, I could not find what I was looking for. I was looking for a school that provided the same values that we instill in our children at home with the high quality education that I expect. After many months I found Queen of Apostles. It was truly the call to my prayers. My children have been at QoA for 3 years and love it. Every student is treated with respect and constant care.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 28, 2016
I want to thank every teacher at this school but I want to extend a particular thank you two Mrs Ault and Mrs Reid. I feel these teachers go well beyond their tasks. They have that special touch with each student that makes them feel special.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 06, 2015
Mrs. Dowden, for being a fantastic teacher and caring about her students' well-being and development.

Posted November 06, 2015
This is my son’s first year at Queen of Apostles and I can say that I could not be happier about my choice to send him there. He started kindergarten a little over two months ago (he is in Mrs. Dowden’s class) and he has loved going to school since then. Judging by all the classwork that he brings home at the end of each week and from the stories he tells me, I can see that he is learning a great deal. He has also developed an even greater interest in reading and writing since school started. He used to attend a learning center prior to entering kindergarten, which was working out fine, but he just seems to be a much happier kid now. I credit the wonderful Mrs. Dowden and the caring staff at QofA with all of these positive changes in him (school staff seems to know him by name). The PTA at this school is very active and strongly encourages, almost requires, parents to be involved in their children’s lives in and out of school. I think this is a great thing because so many parents nowadays are not involved at all or not nearly as involved as they should be. And there are so many ways to be involved during and after school hours. The school also organizes many activities for students, their families, and the community (fall festival, international day, 5k race, etc.) I highly recommend this school to anyone who cares about their child’s intellectual, emotional and spiritual development! Thank you QofA!

Posted October 27, 2015
It's my daughter's third year in this school and all I can say is big THANK YOU to all the people that put their heart and soul into making this school the greatest place to be! Thank you for teaching the kids not only the academics but more than anything how to be better human beings - loving, caring, giving, sharing, forgiving!!! Thank you to the PTO for being so proactivlely involved in making our school and community a better place! Thank you for providing a safe and healthy environment for our kids to freely express themselves and grow spiritually as well as academically.

Posted October 23, 2015
My 6 year old twins attend this school and I am thrilled with the academic program. The kindergarten teacher uses technology to teach, smartboards, etc. She keeps a blog so I can always know what my kids are learning each week. I am very happy with the attentiveness this school pays to its kids. Excellent school!

Posted September 18, 2015
Both of our children have passed through the doors of Queen of Apostles Catholic School and have flourished scholastically, socially and spiritually. This educational foundation contributed to our oldest son's success in a challenging International Baccalaureate (IB) program in high school...eventually attending the University of California Berkeley. Our other son (current student) literally runs to the front door, eager to begin each day. He looks forward to weekly visits/experiments in the science lab (microscopes, lab coats) and participating in the lego/robotics club. As a parent, I appreciate the focused attention our children receive with smaller class sizes and the interaction the older children have with the younger ones (i.e. 5th grade prayer partners at Mass with Kinders). There is an active PTO, and QofA's annual fund-raising/social events include a 5K run/1M walk, "Trick or Trunk," International Festival, Pancake Breakfasts. We are fortunate to be part of the QofA family!

Posted February 19, 2015
Looking at the reviews for Queen of Apostles, you see baggage from previous leadership at the school has left bad taste in the mouth of parents. Since Mrs. Littlefield has taken over as principal, I have seen the school being reinvigorated by staff, students and parents. With that being said, some of the problems will not be overcome until everyone comes together to address issues likes enrollment or fees. If you have a problem, join the committee with that topic to solve it. I have been sending my children here for almost 5 years now and I love the sense of community the school has and the nurturing and loving environment for my children. But each year, we will evaluate what is best for our children and as long as the school continues to be the right place for my children this is where they will go.

Posted October 03, 2014
I am a long term parent of a few children who attended K to 8th grade and successfully transitioned into local DC area private high schools. I also have a few more young ones still currently enrolled in the school. There was a drop in morale, parent participation and quality of education a few years ago - partially due to principal turnover. At that time, I pulled my kids out of QofA and enrolled them in a highly ranked public school but missed the QofA community and close student-teacher interaction. However, the new principal has a previous long term relationship with the school and parish and is totally committed to the success of the students and their families. The current PTO is also very engaged and energized. Any parent with a concern is free to express that concern and propose suggestions for improvement. The diverse ethnic community membership is a major strength. My message for current student parents and those thinking about enrolling your children - get involved! This is your opportunity to make an immediate impact! This is a great school on the march to getting even better.

Queen Of Apostles Catholic School 2

Posted October 01, 2014
Yes, enrollment has risen. But there have been many complaints that the new students who have been enrolled are mainly those in need of aid from the parish. Fees have been raised for others to accommodate this. This does not need to happen. Raising fees for some students while increasing enrollment for free-riding students isn't good for raising the level of the school.

4409 Sano Street, Alexandria, VA  22312
Last modified Queen Of Apostles Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Queen Of Apostles Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 66 reviews. Top