Queen Of Apostles Catholic School 3

Posted July 01, 2015
Blue Ribbon status would be fab. Will then transfer children to this school when this happens.

Queen Of Apostles Catholic School 3

Posted February 20, 2015
When having spelling bees or geography bees at the school, please make sure that teachers keep the papers related to those contests in a safe place so that those who have access to the rooms after school do not have an unfair advantage.

Posted February 19, 2015
Looking at the reviews for Queen of Apostles, you see baggage from previous leadership at the school has left bad taste in the mouth of parents. Since Mrs. Littlefield has taken over as principal, I have seen the school being reinvigorated by staff, students and parents. With that being said, some of the problems will not be overcome until everyone comes together to address issues likes enrollment or fees. If you have a problem, join the committee with that topic to solve it. I have been sending my children here for almost 5 years now and I love the sense of community the school has and the nurturing and loving environment for my children. But each year, we will evaluate what is best for our children and as long as the school continues to be the right place for my children this is where they will go.

Queen Of Apostles Catholic School 2

Posted February 10, 2015
PTO has a member who has been harassing parents for donations. Driving everyone crazy with the bugging.

Posted October 03, 2014
I am a long term parent of a few children who attended K to 8th grade and successfully transitioned into local DC area private high schools. I also have a few more young ones still currently enrolled in the school. There was a drop in morale, parent participation and quality of education a few years ago - partially due to principal turnover. At that time, I pulled my kids out of QofA and enrolled them in a highly ranked public school but missed the QofA community and close student-teacher interaction. However, the new principal has a previous long term relationship with the school and parish and is totally committed to the success of the students and their families. The current PTO is also very engaged and energized. Any parent with a concern is free to express that concern and propose suggestions for improvement. The diverse ethnic community membership is a major strength. My message for current student parents and those thinking about enrolling your children - get involved! This is your opportunity to make an immediate impact! This is a great school on the march to getting even better.

Queen Of Apostles Catholic School 2

Posted October 01, 2014
Yes, enrollment has risen. But there have been many complaints that the new students who have been enrolled are mainly those in need of aid from the parish. Fees have been raised for others to accommodate this. This does not need to happen. Raising fees for some students while increasing enrollment for free-riding students isn't good for raising the level of the school.

Posted September 19, 2014
Couldn't ask for a better school, we wanted to enroll our kid in piblic school but after tried the school for a semester we decided to stay in the school for good. Great staff it is like been in a big family. If we have to recommend this school to anyone we'll do it in a heartbeat.

Queen Of Apostles Catholic School 4

Posted September 18, 2014
New leadership (~ three years ago...promoted from within) has re-energized the school and inspired parental involvement. Our two children have walked through the QofA doors, and our family is "drinking the kool-aid". Previously, our family was simply involved, and we have become more invigorated with the great strides and recent accomplishments. QofA is an inclusive community and our youngest LOVES going to school each day!

Posted September 18, 2014
I am a middle school parent, and i am very pleased with what i see at Q of A now. I was amazed, and now glad that i made the right decision for my child to stay and continue his education at Q of A. All my doubts, concerns, questions, and negative heresay from the past is now gone. I admire the hard work and dedication of the teachers, staff, and the PTO. As a parent, i can see their willingness to go above and beyond to teach my child - our children. The students are happy, well mannered, and very respectful. Again as parents, we only want the best for our children. I also admire the dedication of the other parents who voluteer their time and participate and really make every effort to get involved in the various school activities, events and fundraisings. Academically the students are smart and are getting the best education we can give them. know we can give them. give to them.

Posted September 18, 2014
4 years and counting. We were going to send our child to public school but with a stroke of "bad luck", we were late in enrolling her to before/after care. We found QoA and it was a blessing in disguise. There was a bit of turmoil in the beginning with several changes in leadership but overall, the community was great. The support that you get from the teachers and the parents make it feel like a family setting. With the onset of Mrs Littlefield's leadership and a strong PTO, things have turned from good to better -- dare i say best!! There are things in a school that make you come back year after year and that is reflected in QoA's motto -- Faith, Excellence, and Joy.

Queen Of Apostles Catholic School
4409 Sano Street, Alexandria, VA  22312
Last modified Queen Of Apostles Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Queen Of Apostles Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top