K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Queen Of Apostles Catholic School 3

Posted March 07, 2016
Middle school needs much, much, much improvement....Better teachers especially in grades 7 & 8. We need more dedicated teachers in grades 7 & 8. Less substitute teachers...especially in middle school. Spain and stuff related to it should take a back seat...focus more on improving our school for the betterment of our children.

Queen Of Apostles Catholic School 3

Posted February 21, 2016
Please think of quality before quantity. Filling up the school should not be the main goal, but the caliber of children entering the school should be more important. Enrollment may go up but the standard drops if one is just looking for quantity, and it's really not fair to do that.

Posted January 28, 2016
We are a military family and therefore move every 2-3 years. When I received my orders to the Pentagon I immediately starting looking for the best school districts (as any parent would). However, I could not find what I was looking for. I was looking for a school that provided the same values that we instill in our children at home with the high quality education that I expect. After many months I found Queen of Apostles. It was truly the call to my prayers. My children have been at QoA for 3 years and love it. Every student is treated with respect and constant care.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 28, 2016
I want to thank every teacher at this school but I want to extend a particular thank you two Mrs Ault and Mrs Reid. I feel these teachers go well beyond their tasks. They have that special touch with each student that makes them feel special.

Queen Of Apostles Catholic School 2

Posted November 19, 2015
Better programs, more motivation, more challenges. That's what makes a school better. Blue ribbon status is best.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 06, 2015
Mrs. Dowden, for being a fantastic teacher and caring about her students' well-being and development.

Posted November 06, 2015
This is my son’s first year at Queen of Apostles and I can say that I could not be happier about my choice to send him there. He started kindergarten a little over two months ago (he is in Mrs. Dowden’s class) and he has loved going to school since then. Judging by all the classwork that he brings home at the end of each week and from the stories he tells me, I can see that he is learning a great deal. He has also developed an even greater interest in reading and writing since school started. He used to attend a learning center prior to entering kindergarten, which was working out fine, but he just seems to be a much happier kid now. I credit the wonderful Mrs. Dowden and the caring staff at QofA with all of these positive changes in him (school staff seems to know him by name). The PTA at this school is very active and strongly encourages, almost requires, parents to be involved in their children’s lives in and out of school. I think this is a great thing because so many parents nowadays are not involved at all or not nearly as involved as they should be. And there are so many ways to be involved during and after school hours. The school also organizes many activities for students, their families, and the community (fall festival, international day, 5k race, etc.) I highly recommend this school to anyone who cares about their child’s intellectual, emotional and spiritual development! Thank you QofA!

Posted November 04, 2015
Our son has been attending Queen of Apostles since kindergarten. He is now in 2nd grade and absolutely LOVES the school. He's made so many good friends who share his interests and values that he couldn't wait for summer break to end so that he could return. As a parent that makes me very happy. We love the faculty and administration. They provide every student with the attention, care and nurturing they require. The curriculum is challenging, the pace appropriate and the expectations pragmatic. It's exciting to see our son learning and growing every day! Queen of Apostles offers numerous extracurricular activities to keep students engaged, as well as unique supplemental educational opportunities, morning and extended day care and an amazing new science lab! The school also holds several family focused events throughout the year creating a community atmosphere that encourages involvement and mutual support. We are most grateful for the focus on Catholic values that provide the foundation for building strong moral character. We've witnessed the positive impact Queen of Apostles has had on our son and we can't recommend it highly enough.

Posted October 27, 2015
It's my daughter's third year in this school and all I can say is big THANK YOU to all the people that put their heart and soul into making this school the greatest place to be! Thank you for teaching the kids not only the academics but more than anything how to be better human beings - loving, caring, giving, sharing, forgiving!!! Thank you to the PTO for being so proactivlely involved in making our school and community a better place! Thank you for providing a safe and healthy environment for our kids to freely express themselves and grow spiritually as well as academically.

Posted October 23, 2015
My 6 year old twins attend this school and I am thrilled with the academic program. The kindergarten teacher uses technology to teach, smartboards, etc. She keeps a blog so I can always know what my kids are learning each week. I am very happy with the attentiveness this school pays to its kids. Excellent school!

4409 Sano Street, Alexandria, VA  22312
Last modified Queen Of Apostles Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8