Bishop Ireton High School 3

Posted September 06, 2014
I attend bishop ireton and have mixed feelings about this school. The math teacher i had last year was absolutely awful. I completed my 8th grade year with the highest grade in my math class and ended freshman year with barely a C-. However, some of the teachers are excellent! There are several tests a week and studying daily would be recommended to pass all classes with an A. I disagree with freshman taking earth science as i took it in 8th grade and repeated it ninth grade even though i made a solid A in the class in middle school. All schools have pros and cons. I would recommend bi if your willing to spend excess money on tutoring outside of school.

Bishop Ireton High School 1

Posted February 22, 2014
BI has communication issues and lack of responsiveness to parental concerns. I would not recommend.

Posted October 22, 2013
Bishop Ireton is a great private high school for what it costs. Be sure your child studies in advance when taking placement tests as this can dictate, especially in math, the courses you will take until you are a senior. Recommendations from teachers can help bump a student to a higher level, but they must have a track record as a student working hard to improve their performance. Public high schools may offer more in tech. courses, but you go to B.I. so as to get into a great college. If you work with the administration, one-on-one you can take a needed course at an outside high school and get it applied to your curriculum. My daughter was accepted to every college of which she applied. She earned $144,000 in merit scholarships and many of her class mates earned more. The class of 2013, approximately 190 students, earned over $9,000,000 in scholarships to colleges and universities of every academic level in Virginia and across the US. At B.I. many students are involved in sports, drama, music and other extracurricular activities. The opportunities can be exhaustive, just look for them. At B.I. the school, parent and student together can make a difference in your child's future.

Posted October 18, 2013
Bishop Ireton High School provides the students with academic challenge as well as a friendly and nurturing environment. I have been very impressed with the faculty and staff. The teachers are wonderful! My son is a senior, so during his first 3 years at BI, Mr. Hamer was the head of school and also his advisory teacher. My son enjoyed his time with Mr. Hamer, who was always there for him. BI was the only high school my son applied to because it was the only school that he wanted to attend (and we wanted him to attend). BI exceeded all our expectations.

Bishop Ireton High School 3

Posted October 14, 2013
Teachers in some subjects are good. Math has required tutoring outside of school. Administration communication is poor, technically, topically, and minimal on important information relating directly to a students academic success. The guidance counselors are stretched and abbreviated in communications. A new guidance counselor was learning about the topics I was inquiring about with me.

Posted October 05, 2013
Bishop Ireton is a high school which focuses on the whole person, through religious instruction. Our daughter graduated last spring with honors, due to the wide variety of honors and AP courses offered. The whole graduation process of filling out college applications and meeting deadlines was well organized by the Office of Counseling Services. The PTO is active in many ways, offering family fellowship.

Bishop Ireton High School 1

Posted September 29, 2013
BEFORE you enroll, check out course requirements and offerings. Compare BI to Fairfax County schools. You will never get as much variety or quality at BI. Either a "prerequisite" locks you out of a course that is really just understaffed, or your year just won't happen to offer a course that was available previously. Earth Science, a standard 9th grade class at BI, is a middle school class in Ffx Co..(and should be!) BI is way behind the curve in Math ANY way you look at it. Foreign language classes are a sheer waste of time if you want to hear or speak a language besides English. College prep doesn't happen, either. What I've learned in college about my BI "education" makes me feel like I need to pay back my parents for the money they wasted.

Posted September 28, 2013
Bishop Ireton is an amazing school!!! I am having soo much fun! The teachers are great and the sports are very fun. It is conveniently located near some restaurants so I can stay after school and before practice, eat dinner. There are many clubs and they're fun to be in. I HIGHLY recommend sending your kid to BI.

Posted October 18, 2012
Bishop Ireton High School has a wonderful culture that emphasizes students becoming strong, mature adults with character and a commitment to helping others. The principal is engaged and highly respected and approachable. The students love being there and are involved with so many clubs, charities and sports programs it is more of a community - parents get together as well as the kids. Mass is also fun, the Priest is interesting and students play instruments and are involved, just like adults. The faculty like teaching, the coaches like their students to get good grades and brag about their teams GPA's I am not kidding! They arrange for tudoring, buses to college fairs - mentors. Counselors are really current from ADHD to Concussion disorder. Negative is costs more than sticker, all the add-ons add UP and UP. I like the fact that you can see exactly what you student purchases for lunch - you can clamp down on that!

Bishop Ireton High School 2

Posted February 27, 2011
I go to Bishop Ireton and i highly suggest not sending your children there. The teachers and staff are unprofessional and rude, while the school is just down right unhealthy. There are rats and bugs throughout the school and the food is highly overpriced. Save yourself and a transfer and do not go to this school.

Bishop Ireton High School
201 Cambridge Road, Alexandria, VA  22314
Last modified Bishop Ireton High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Bishop Ireton High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top