Alexandria, VA
Before care: Yes

Posted May 10, 2012
My daughter is 3 and is a preschooler at Grace. She is the youngest in the class/school right now. Her three teachers have been wonderful with her. We get weekly updates from them about what the class has been doing, and notes about things they notice her doing well, like sharing with other children, being caring, paying attention, being a good friend, etc. There's an overwhelming amount of positive energy when we enter Grace. Every morning when we come in, we are greeted by the school Principal, who shakes each child's hand and says "Good Morning!" I think it is a wonderful way to start the day, and as a result everyone knows the Principal and she knows every child. I think this school is a very special place. It is small enough for every child to be noticed and be able to develop his or her talents, and its caring staff makes every day at school an amazing experience for every child. Parents I've met at Grace are very involved both in their child's life as well as in the overall school life. My husband and I feel that Grace has been a very accepting community. There is a diverse student body here, and everyone can contribute to their child's and the school's success.

Posted June 30, 2011
Our twin daughters attended Grace for two years, prior to entering kindergarten at a nearby public school. We think Grace is top notch in every respect - the quality of the teaching, the class size, the strong and challenging focus on academics and character building - all in a nurturing, loving environment, with lots of one-on-one focus for each child. The school principal is superb (and widely known and respected throughout the Alexandria school community), and she directs a talented and experienced staff. We would have loved to keep our children at Grace, but finances dictated otherwise. Having said that, Grace is relatively inexpensive compared to other private schools in the area, and a bargain at any price.

Posted January 30, 2011
My daughter has attended GES since nursery. She has been very happy and has received a wonderful education. The school is very small and provides a very nurturing environment. The one and only criticism i have is Father Mon teaching fifth grade religion. He treats the children as if they were college students, his testing is beyond their abilities at this age. This creates a lot of unnecessary stress for the children. He is NOT qualified to teach and shoud be replaced immediately ! I

Grace Episcopal School 1

Posted January 16, 2011
Would not recommend this school, lack of teacher oversight makes for poor teachers, I would recommend many of the public schools in the area where I had children and had a much better experience, ttuition free!!!

Posted June 11, 2009
This is a fabulous school. It is a very nurturing environment while upholding the strict standards of a 'traditional' education. Character is important here and the children are taught early on about respect, honesty, courage, and integrity along with invaluable lessons in Religion appropriate to the age. The teachers are of the highest-caliber--every one of them. To resond to a previous post, they are firm, some more than others, but they are ALL loving and truly want the best for our children. Children at the elementary age need strict boundaries in order to feel safe and they get them at Grace with a balance of kindness, fun, and lots of love! I have to say there are VERY LITTLE to NO behavior and descipline problems at this school because a firm structure is adhered to in the classrooms. The families are diverse and very involved. We love it!

Posted June 01, 2009
I was a public school student growing up, then a public school teacher, and I was totally surprised by how quickly I found myself commiting to a private school! However, GES is a top-notch, nuturing, loving environment. I especially love how my children receive an A+ education AND lessons in compassion, honesty, respect, and religion. I have been very involved as a parent, and was pleased to learn the variety of ways that working and non-working parents can contribute to the school. My input is valued by my children's teachers (past, present, AND future), by the Head of School, and even by the Board of Trustees. Keeping my children at Grace was the best decision I ever made, and I feel blessed to have gotten involved with such a wonderful community of families, faculty, and staff.

Posted May 28, 2009
We love everything about this school! My daughter has been at Grace for six years. The atmosphere is nurturing while also maintaining the highest academic standards. Each child receives the kind of individual attention you can only get in a small school like this. Teachers are exceptionally accessible and dedicated, and my child has loved each one. Grace graduates are accepted into the area's most elite private schools, and the parent community is welcoming and friendly. Going to Grace was the best decision we ever made for our child.

Posted October 17, 2008
my,daughter goes to GES and the teachers at school are very friendly ,classes are small grups the children have more attention .GESis a wanderfull school

Posted March 09, 2008
Love this school. Very friendly families and the teachers are fantastic. My child is thriving at Grace. Small classes, parents are encouraged to get involved. Teachers do a great job teaching, loving and displining my child.

Grace Episcopal School 3

Posted December 06, 2007
My daughter was at GES for four years and had a mediocre experience. The teachers tend to be overly stern and do not share much with the parents - you are rarely allowed in the classroom and we often felt that we had little idea what was going on. The parents - with a few exceptions - are not freindly. The overall feel of the school is rather uptight, with little room for humor or flexibility. On the positive side, the school has a really nice facility and the extended care program is great.

Grace Episcopal School
3601 Russell Rd, Alexandria, VA  22305
Last modified Grace Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Grace Episcopal School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top