Burgundy Farm Country Day School 4

Posted April 23, 2014
Our child loves the school and the close-nit environment has really helped our child gain confidence. We also feel that the academic environment is appropriately challenging. We are surprised and disappointed at how unresponsive and dismissive the administrators can be toward parent questions, suggestions, or concerns. While the weekly newsletter helps keep parents informed, it can take days for a call or email to be returned, and, even then, little follow up to see if the issues raised have been addressed. Indeed, we have even found an air of arrogance if suggestions are critical to the current structure -- as though parents couldn't possibly have anything to offer when it comes to educating children. Disappointing, to say the least.

Posted August 30, 2012
I am one of the Class of 2012 graduates, and I attended Burgundy for 10 years. Not only does this school have rigorous academics, but also helps each student learn who they are as a learner, a thinker, a friend, a person, or a leader. Burgundy cherishes and strives to maintain the rich diversity and to engage the whole child in hands-on learning that instills respect for themselves, others, and the natural world. I could not recommend Burgundy more for any child. I had the most amazing experiences, made strong friendships, and enjoyed the interesting and intense academics. I loved every minute of it and will definitely stay in touch with the school!

Posted January 21, 2012
I am an 8th grade student at Burgundy, and I have been going here for 9 years. I cannot recommend it more highly, and I think that if you are looking for a nurturing environment with excellent teacher-student relationships, Burgundy is the place for you. Definitely consider sending your child to Burgundy--I have loved every minute of my time here!

Posted August 04, 2010
The finest middle school in Northern Virginia! A progressive, curriculum that encourages children to think independently.

Posted March 13, 2010
I have three children that have gone through Burgundy--the quality of the teachers is uneven. Do your research and make sure your child gets into the class with the 'good' teachers.

Posted January 31, 2010
I am about to graduate from Burgundy Farm Country Day school, and i think it's a great school. It prepares the whole child, for the whole world. And I thank Burgundy for doing that. Even though it's on the short side.

Posted November 26, 2009
Burgundy is the most amazing school that you could send your child to. The teachers are always there to help you succeed--they want you to succeed. The 25-acre campus IS your classroom because you are taught with a hands-on approach. In middle school (6-8), you are given responsibility and you have this sense of trust in you because your teachers are preparing you for life. There are alums who say that they visit high schools and they already know most of the material that the teacher is giving them because it was already taught at Burgundy. And, I hear the younger students say: 'I can't wait until I'm in 8th grade!' but then one says, 'But when I'm in 8th grade, I'll have to leave!'. I think thats the best part: you never want to leave.

Posted March 14, 2009
I graduated from Burgundy in '07 after being there since Pre-K, and I will tell you it is an incredible school. The teachers are wonderful and they really want their students to succeed, everyone is incredibly friendly, and when I moved on to high school I felt academically prepared. There is only one downside to this school: nobody ever wants to leave! I miss Burgundy so much and I will cherish all the wonderful times I had there for forever.

Posted January 02, 2009
My children absolutely love Burgundy and so do we. The teachers are amazing, engaged and dynamic. The children spend a lot of time outdoors playing and learning, which makes for joyful kids. The academics are challenging. The parents are friendly and involved. My 5 and 6 year old wake up on the weekend and ask if it is a school day and are disappointed when we say no - what more could you ask for?

Posted August 26, 2008
Our kids can't wait for the school year to start; they love their school. Burgundy is the best kept secret of the Washington, DC area school scene. Great campus, a focus on the outdoors and the environment, a 'whole child' approach, interested and interesting teachers, bright & lively kids.

Burgundy Farm Country Day School
3700 Burgundy Road, Alexandria, VA  22303
Last modified Burgundy Farm Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Burgundy Farm Country Day School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top