PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Calvary Road Christian School 5

Posted February 02, 2016
My kids have been attending CRCS for a few years since pre-K 3. The teachers are very professional, caring and helpful and my kids have learned so much! I see some reviews talking about the pre-K disciplining being too strict. They are strict, but reasonable and loving at the same time. Just because a kid gets a warning for goofing around (a real example from my son, which happened VERY often) doesn't mean the kid is bad. The teachers understand that kids are kids but want the parents to be aware if instructions are not followed (these happen of course as they are pre-K kids!). I was very happy that the teachers kept me engaged and I slowly saw how my son's behavior chart changed as he was maturing in his pre-K years. They were very encouraging to him and he pulled through! We also use their extended care and the staff is equally wonderful. We were previously planning to send our kids to public school after pre-K (wasn't even entertaining the idea of private school for K and up) but changed our mind as both kids had such a great time and we really trust the school! The new principal is very energetic and brings much business world/industry experience. He has also been phasing in much needed improvements in many areas, including much increased parent engagement and outreach to ensure our voices are heard and appropriate suggestions incorporated. I'm very satisfied with the school and highly recommend it!

Grateful to: School leader

Posted February 02, 2016
There are so many, like all the wonderful teachers my kids have had and are having. But the principal, as the leader of the school, is definitely worth pointing out. He brings a wealth of knowledge and experience and is truly a humble man that loves the school, kids and God.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted February 02, 2016
Teachers are very professional the helpful and at the same time caring for the students' well-being, not just academically.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted February 02, 2016
I really like the amount of homework! A lot of times there are required homework and more optional activities to do, helping kids that have the bandwidth and ability to do more! I like it that it's definitely more than public school's work, but it is not at all overwhelming.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted February 02, 2016
The school reasonably encourages and challenges students in many areas so they develop these qualities.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted February 02, 2016
The school treats students with respect in all areas so kids learn it from their actions, not just words!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted February 02, 2016
They not only teach these things but lead the kids in participating in community service projects to cultivate and practice caring for others. This is much needed in this society and it's wonderful that the school places emphasis on these!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted February 02, 2016
The teaching staff stresses honesty, integrity and fairness as virtues and Biblical principles to students. They also practice them in dealing with students and one another.

Calvary Road Christian School 5

Posted March 02, 2015
This is our third year at CRCS. We are very pleased with the education that our children are receiving. The teachers are caring and supportive. The new Administrator is approachable and does a good job communicating with families. The curriculum is well rounded and challenging. I like that it is a smaller school. This provides for more individualized attention and your child is not lost in the crowd of endless faces. There is a "family" feel to the school. I highly recommend CRCS.

Calvary Road Christian School 4

Posted February 14, 2015
This is our first year here and my kids are really enjoying the school. You will never find a perfect school and there may be one or two things that you might not like, so overall we are pleased. I'm pleased with the curriculum and very glad that they added art this year. The new administrator is trying to make changes for the better. Again it's like anything else in life, you won't and can't please every parent. We are reenrolling and we would recommend this school to new perspective parents.

6811 Beulah Street, Alexandria, VA  22310
Last modified Calvary Road Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8