PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

My kids have been attending CRCS for a few years since pre-K 3. The teachers are very professional, caring and helpful and my kids have learned so much! I see some reviews talking about the pre-K disciplining being too strict. They are strict, but reasonable and loving at the same time. Just because a kid gets a warning for goofing around (a real example from my son, which happened VERY often) doesn't mean the kid is bad. The teachers understand that kids are kids but want the parents to be aware if instructions are not followed (these happen of course as they are pre-K kids!). I was very happy that the teachers kept me engaged and I slowly saw how my son's behavior chart changed as he was maturing in his pre-K years. They were very encouraging to him and he pulled through! We also use their extended care and the staff is equally wonderful. We were previously planning to send our kids to public school after pre-K (wasn't even entertaining the idea of private school for K and up) but changed our mind as both kids had such a great time and we really trust the school! The new principal is very energetic and brings much business world/industry experience. He has also been phasing in much needed improvements in many areas, including much increased parent engagement and outreach to ensure our voices are heard and appropriate suggestions incorporated. I'm very satisfied with the school and highly recommend it!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers are very professional the helpful and at the same time caring for the students' well-being, not just academically.

Amount of homework: Agree

I really like the amount of homework! A lot of times there are required homework and more optional activities to do, helping kids that have the bandwidth and ability to do more! I like it that it's definitely more than public school's work, but it is not at all overwhelming.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teaching staff stresses honesty, integrity and fairness as virtues and Biblical principles to students. They also practice them in dealing with students and one another.

This is our third year at CRCS. We are very pleased with the education that our children are receiving. The teachers are caring and supportive. The new Administrator is approachable and does a good job communicating with families. The curriculum is well rounded and challenging. I like that it is a smaller school. This provides for more individualized attention and your child is not lost in the crowd of endless faces. There is a "family" feel to the school. I highly recommend CRCS.

This is our first year here and my kids are really enjoying the school. You will never find a perfect school and there may be one or two things that you might not like, so overall we are pleased. I'm pleased with the curriculum and very glad that they added art this year. The new administrator is trying to make changes for the better. Again it's like anything else in life, you won't and can't please every parent. We are reenrolling and we would recommend this school to new perspective parents.

This school has gone down with new administration. No regard for parent or students. They do not treat children equally.

Calvary Road Christian School is an excellent choice! My child has attended the school for 3 years and we could not be more pleased with the superior academic curriculum, Christian worldview, and friendly staff. Each and every staff lives out a Godly example and inspires students to grow in their relationship with Christ. I oppose the previous post in that the administrative team (including all office staff) are friendly and eager to help. The tuition is very reasonably priced for the northern Virginia area, thus making a quality private school education affordable. The new administrator has excellent vision and communication. Overall, I give Calvary Road Christian School a rave review. Please don't be dismayed by a single parent's perspective, for this is not an accurate portrayal of the school.

My child has been a student for the past four years and I must agree with a few of the other reviews. It has gone down hill. Prek 3 and only 1 kindergarten teacher is worth raving about. My child excelled and was nurtured but now the class room size went from 12 to 20-21 really that is a public school class room. The curriculum is awesome, I will say that. The warnings are ridiculous. The children cannot not be children. It's sad, if you are a working mother or father and you want to know that your child is being nurtured not damaged because they are kids they send 3-5 warnings home a week over nothing. Run the other way.

Calvary Road Christian School is an amazing school!. Students are treated with respect and the staff are very approachable. The students are challenged in the areas of foreign languages, technology, creative arts, music education, physical education and of course character education. A high level of academic achievement is expected and each student is treated fairly. The teachers are always happy to help a student with any specific academic or personal struggle. They also have a superior reading program through Scholastic, which really boosts reading performance. This Christian school is an excellent choice.

Last modified Calvary Road Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8