Alexandria, VA

Posted March 02, 2015
This is our third year at CRCS. We are very pleased with the education that our children are receiving. The teachers are caring and supportive. The new Administrator is approachable and does a good job communicating with families. The curriculum is well rounded and challenging. I like that it is a smaller school. This provides for more individualized attention and your child is not lost in the crowd of endless faces. There is a "family" feel to the school. I highly recommend CRCS.

Calvary Road Christian School 4

Posted February 14, 2015
This is our first year here and my kids are really enjoying the school. You will never find a perfect school and there may be one or two things that you might not like, so overall we are pleased. I'm pleased with the curriculum and very glad that they added art this year. The new administrator is trying to make changes for the better. Again it's like anything else in life, you won't and can't please every parent. We are reenrolling and we would recommend this school to new perspective parents.

Calvary Road Christian School 1

Posted December 13, 2014
This school has gone down with new administration. No regard for parent or students. They do not treat children equally.

Posted November 26, 2014
Calvary Road Christian School is an excellent choice! My child has attended the school for 3 years and we could not be more pleased with the superior academic curriculum, Christian worldview, and friendly staff. Each and every staff lives out a Godly example and inspires students to grow in their relationship with Christ. I oppose the previous post in that the administrative team (including all office staff) are friendly and eager to help. The tuition is very reasonably priced for the northern Virginia area, thus making a quality private school education affordable. The new administrator has excellent vision and communication. Overall, I give Calvary Road Christian School a rave review. Please don't be dismayed by a single parent's perspective, for this is not an accurate portrayal of the school.

Posted November 07, 2014
My child has been a student for the past four years and I must agree with a few of the other reviews. It has gone down hill. Prek 3 and only 1 kindergarten teacher is worth raving about. My child excelled and was nurtured but now the class room size went from 12 to 20-21 really that is a public school class room. The curriculum is awesome, I will say that. The warnings are ridiculous. The children cannot not be children. It's sad, if you are a working mother or father and you want to know that your child is being nurtured not damaged because they are kids they send 3-5 warnings home a week over nothing. Run the other way.

Posted September 17, 2014
Calvary Road Christian School is an amazing school!. Students are treated with respect and the staff are very approachable. The students are challenged in the areas of foreign languages, technology, creative arts, music education, physical education and of course character education. A high level of academic achievement is expected and each student is treated fairly. The teachers are always happy to help a student with any specific academic or personal struggle. They also have a superior reading program through Scholastic, which really boosts reading performance. This Christian school is an excellent choice.

Posted August 20, 2014
This school is selective on who they like and who they don't. If your child is liked they will excel. If not they will knick pick at every little thing and are a little over the top on discipline. For example if your kindergartener answers a question without raising their hand they get in trouble. The staff is not very accomodating and can be very rude. This school does not have the resources for any counseling needs your child may have. This school reminds me of the military. Their academic program is wondrful but there staff needs improvement. My child has come home with disciplinary notes and I have had other teachers tell me that he did not do what was indicated on the note and not to punish him. Unacceptable! Find a place that treats your child equally and fairly.

Calvary Road Christian School 1

Posted August 20, 2014
Avoid it!!!! going down hill fast. A lot of new staff and including principal and he is not much better than the one that left. New front desk lady is rude previous one was very pleasant. Enrollment has decreased dramatically. Classes are larger which defeats the purpose of one of private school benefits. Higher grades are being eliminated. This school is about the money and the "christian title is a decoy". My friends child was not given their report card due to a less than $2 balance! Unfortunately there are more negatives than positives but there are a few phenomenal teachers and staff there who truly care about the students individually and their success. My child will never return to this school and If your child goes here I would advise you to be cautious on believing complaints about your child and stay informed from all aspects. Document everything and don't give them the benefit of the doubt. Listen to your child and find out about their day daily. There academics are wonderful and I have nothing negative to say about that. There are many other schools in this area who truly believe and live by its purpose and goals. Good Luck!

Calvary Road Christian School 4

Posted June 15, 2013
This school has an EXCELLENT 5 out 5 Academic Program. This school by far takes the cake and they do NOT use Abeka curriculum. My son went to Calvary Road for kindergarten and first grade. He is a straight A student and is very advanced in all areas especially reading. This school has the Key to academic Success which is a strong desire to see their students succeed, the ability to make learning fun and an outstanding curriculum. The reason I gave 4 stars out of 5 is because the school lacks greatly in the social and emotional development of the students. The school does not have a counselor or anyone designated to help students that may be going through difficult times. School counselors are vital to aid and support the emotional, personal, and social well being of the students. My son in the entire 2 years had never been to the office and he got in trouble at the end of the year was told he basically he would be kicked out if he did not obey. Bullying seems to be taken lightly here. This school is a little excessive on discipline. I think if they had a counselor they would have a more positive approach to dealing with social needs of their students. Ms. Dickey is the BEST!

Posted April 13, 2011
Smalll. Very very small. The middle school has only 3 classrooms ( plus a computer lab) and the hallway(the only hallway) is very cramped. Every time i goto pick up my child i am pushed up against the walls by other students. And they inter use the gym and the cafeteia! the floor is sticky with sweat and smells during the lunch time. They also force the children to walk over from building to building in the cold or rain and even snow! There is only one caring teacher in the whole middle school. All the others are just there for the pay. This is definetly not a school i am sending my child back to.

Calvary Road Christian School
6811 Beulah Street, Alexandria, VA  22310
Last modified Calvary Road Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Calvary Road Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top