PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

ILS has some incredibly talented teachers, but more than that, they genuinely love the students. It is apparent in all that they do that teaching is more than a job for them, but truly a calling. They care about the students far more than just a math grade, or just how the student did on this week's history test. The love they show for each and every student is one of the things that makes this school such a special place!

We just love ILS! Our family joined the Immanuel community six years ago, and that was one of the first things that attracted us to the school- the sense of community. Being a part of a community of parents, teachers, and families, who are working together for our children was so important for our family. The teachers at ILS not only love teaching, but it is apparent that they genuinely love our children as well, and the kids really respond to that. We were initially drawn to the classical model of education, and after experiencing that first-hand for several years now, we can confidently say that our children are receiving a top-rate education. From the earliest grades, they studying grammar and history, gaining a love and appreciation for music and fine arts, learning far more Latin than I ever did, and generally learning to love learning and the discovery of knowledge and truth. My children have truly flourished at ILS, and our family is so very grateful that a school of such caliber exists in our area. We would absolutely encourage any family to check out ILS, visit the school, and find out more about this wonderful school.

As a graduate of Immanuel Lutheran School I can say with the utmost confidence that it is the best school that I have ever attended. Since my Graduation in 2011 the school has made great strides and will continue to do so in the coming years. Immanuel Lutheran enriched not only my Christian faith but my understanding of the humanities and sciences. Attending allowed me to excel in high school and gain acceptance into my first choice of a university. I have only the highest regard for Immanuel Lutheran and know upon further examination everyone else will as well.

Our children have attended ILS for the past 5 years. We couldn't be more impressed with the rigorous academics, the Christian spiritual& character formation, and faculty. Our children love to learn & we are learning new things (like Latin and ancient civilizations) right along with them. The school and church are such a wonderful community.

We can't say enough about ILS. The faculty, staff and administration are wonderful. They invest their lives in the children. The curriculum is advanced, but they accommodate many different types of students. Very happy here.

As a parent of three students at ILS, I cannot say enough wonderful things about it. We have been attending for 6 years. The classical education has already benefitted my children in many ways. The older ones, in 5th and 6th grade, have been studying latin since 3rd grade, and are now participating in logic and debate. They are able to not only formulate coherent arguments (on a variety of topics from literature to science to school policies) but are able to identify false and true arguments they hear from other sources. My 2nd grader loves her introduction to latin in addition to the other subjects such as history, science and literature. Immanuel helps to develop children not only intellectually but spiritually as well. They are taught to love what is good and true and beautiful, and to identify the same. They are respected and loved and challenged. Truly a "hidden gem" in Northern Virginia.

This school is excellent as long as your child does not have any real learning disabilities. They do not have any support for a child that cannot handle a strong and forward leaning curriculum. If your kid is bright and needs to be constantly challenged this is a great school for you. Great teacher -kid ratios, thoughtful caring teachers who are very interactive with parents in order to make sure your child is on track. There are only two downsides for us, 1st- no Spanish is taught even in middle school grades;2. Small number of students in middle grades means no athletics and decreased socialization which can make going to a larger school for high school a bit of a shock. For the overall cost you would be hard pressed to find a better education.

LOVE, LOVE this little unknown school. The teachers are warm, but firm with the kids. They not only teach education, but also morals and how they should treat each other. We tried public school, however my child needs the accelerated learning this school provides. I have sent many parents to see this school and they all want to know how to get their children into the school. Plus, it's one of the most affordable private schools in the area.

Immanuel Lutheran School is wonderful. The Classical Curriculum and Christian environment make this school one of a kind. Both our Children are thriving. Highly recommend.

Students have no room to play, teachers have little to no control over them. Seems as though the school has grown entirely too large for the school's facilities.

Last modified Immanuel Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8