Posted May 19, 2015
As a graduate of Immanuel Lutheran School I can say with the utmost confidence that it is the best school that I have ever attended. Since my Graduation in 2011 the school has made great strides and will continue to do so in the coming years. Immanuel Lutheran enriched not only my Christian faith but my understanding of the humanities and sciences. Attending allowed me to excel in high school and gain acceptance into my first choice of a university. I have only the highest regard for Immanuel Lutheran and know upon further examination everyone else will as well.

Posted December 03, 2014
Our children have attended ILS for the past 5 years. We couldn't be more impressed with the rigorous academics, the Christian spiritual& character formation, and faculty. Our children love to learn & we are learning new things (like Latin and ancient civilizations) right along with them. The school and church are such a wonderful community.

Posted September 03, 2014
We can't say enough about ILS. The faculty, staff and administration are wonderful. They invest their lives in the children. The curriculum is advanced, but they accommodate many different types of students. Very happy here.

Posted February 27, 2014
As a parent of three students at ILS, I cannot say enough wonderful things about it. We have been attending for 6 years. The classical education has already benefitted my children in many ways. The older ones, in 5th and 6th grade, have been studying latin since 3rd grade, and are now participating in logic and debate. They are able to not only formulate coherent arguments (on a variety of topics from literature to science to school policies) but are able to identify false and true arguments they hear from other sources. My 2nd grader loves her introduction to latin in addition to the other subjects such as history, science and literature. Immanuel helps to develop children not only intellectually but spiritually as well. They are taught to love what is good and true and beautiful, and to identify the same. They are respected and loved and challenged. Truly a "hidden gem" in Northern Virginia.

Immanuel Lutheran School 4

Posted December 15, 2013
This school is excellent as long as your child does not have any real learning disabilities. They do not have any support for a child that cannot handle a strong and forward leaning curriculum. If your kid is bright and needs to be constantly challenged this is a great school for you. Great teacher -kid ratios, thoughtful caring teachers who are very interactive with parents in order to make sure your child is on track. There are only two downsides for us, 1st- no Spanish is taught even in middle school grades;2. Small number of students in middle grades means no athletics and decreased socialization which can make going to a larger school for high school a bit of a shock. For the overall cost you would be hard pressed to find a better education.

Posted October 27, 2013
LOVE, LOVE this little unknown school. The teachers are warm, but firm with the kids. They not only teach education, but also morals and how they should treat each other. We tried public school, however my child needs the accelerated learning this school provides. I have sent many parents to see this school and they all want to know how to get their children into the school. Plus, it's one of the most affordable private schools in the area.

Posted September 03, 2013
Immanuel Lutheran School is wonderful. The Classical Curriculum and Christian environment make this school one of a kind. Both our Children are thriving. Highly recommend.

Immanuel Lutheran School 1

Posted May 13, 2013
Students have no room to play, teachers have little to no control over them. Seems as though the school has grown entirely too large for the school's facilities.

Posted October 12, 2012
The middle school at Immanuel is superb. Our son is in 6th grade and is receiving an excellent education that includes classical literature, Latin and Logic. The math curriculum (Saxon) is also very strong. The faculty and adminstration are exceptional - a very dedicated, intellectual group who are truly passionate about classical education. An amazing school!

Posted October 04, 2012
Several years ago, when my wife and I first started the school search for our oldest child, we felt rather overwhelmed by all the choices available. And let's be honest, the pressure of picking the right school for your kid is fairly daunting. But when we found Immanuel Lutheran School, we could tell from the start that the school would be a great fit with its challenging academics and awesome teachers. We've been so impressed by the rigorous curriculum, the continued growth of the school and the way the faculty work together to make sure each student achieves his or her full potential. An excellent school.

Immanuel Lutheran School
1801 Russell Road Road, Alexandria, VA  22301
Last modified Immanuel Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Immanuel Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top