K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted September 24, 2014
To the July 16, 2014 Poster: There seems to be no way to get in touch with you. I'd suggest you either make your concerns more explicit or remove your review. It's not fair to either the school or parents reading these reviews to make a half-accusation without following it up. I've toured the school and everything I saw was very positive, so I do not appreciate a warning to "be careful" that is completely unsupported by facts. As the rating system would not let me post without selecting stars, I've defaulted to 5 stars.

Posted July 27, 2014
We have three children attending ACDS and feel fortunate to have them there. The environment is challenging and creative academically, and supportive and warm socially. The teachers are devoted and caring to the students, and in equal measure responsive to parents. In the last couple of years, there has been change in leadership that has invigorated the curriculum, (including a new math program in the lower school and language arts program in the middle school), and instilled an atmosphere of energy and excitement. Parents are very involved with the school community, and encourage participation (however much time a parent can contribute - great or small). ACDS prepares students for high school, just look at the variety of schools the student chose to attend: public, private, boarding, large, small, specialized, and all competitive. The size of the school initially appealed the most to us, the academics and environment have kept us there.

Posted July 22, 2014
Our child is at ACDS and we wanted to share what a wonderful experience it has been. It is a challenging yet supportive educational environment - and above all, our child simply loves school. We were drawn to ACDS because of its K-8 focus, down to earth culture, balanced approach, and small classes with meaningful individualized attention. We have been very impressed by the administration (especially the head of school), teachers, students, and school community.

Alexandria Country Day School 1

Posted July 16, 2014
I don't think the environment is appropriate for any children. If you have your kids there or if you are currently considering enrollment, be very careful. Please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to share our experience.

Posted March 05, 2010
We have a child in the lower school and another one applying for next year ( 10- 11). In our two years at the school we have found ACDS to be a community focused on the enrichment of the whole child: their academic performance is of course the primary focus, but the faculty and leadership also emphasize character development and self-esteem. Respect to fellow students is emphasized and reinforced. We chose ACDS over other schools in the area because we appreciate and share these values. Our child's experience so far has been extremely rewarding and has lived up to our hopes and expectations.

Posted September 04, 2009
ACDS is a great school. My son will be attending his 2nd yr there and has adjusted very well. The school offers a personal environment which allows the students to have a great relationship with the teachers and staff. It is great when a student attends a school and EVERYONE can greet him by name! The teachers are great and truly comitted in providing a great learning atmosphere. The Parent-Teach League is awesome!!

Alexandria Country Day School 4

Posted August 22, 2009
I am currently going into 7th grade at ACDS and I have been going since kindergarten. however, there is construction going on to make the school bigger, adding a cafeteria, bigger gym, and a performing arts center. I love the school, and I have made a lot of friends!! The teachers work pretty well if you need special attention. i hope your child considers enrolling!

Alexandria Country Day School

Posted July 27, 2008
I have been attending ACDS since kindergarten and am now in my last year there. Everything about this school is fantastic. I am academically in the top 5% of people in my age in the country and i give ACDS credit for this acheivement. ACDS has the most spectacular community and teachers who answer to you without talking down to you. If you are considering ACDS for your child I really hope you send them there because I cannot think of a better place for your child to spend their grade school years.

Posted March 31, 2008
My son has attended ACDS since kindergarten. He's now in 6th grade, and it's been a wonderful experience. The teachers truly want the best educational experience they can provide to every child. Now that he is in middle school, we especially appreciate the emphasis on respect for others.

Posted August 14, 2007
My son has been attending ACDS for two years and he loves it! The teachers are great, the parents are involved. The school has a very nuturing culture and the class sizes are just right.

Alexandria Country Day School
2400 Russell Road, Alexandria, VA  22301
Last modified Alexandria Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Alexandria Country Day School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top