Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 12, 2016
Most of the employees at this school are burnt out and apathetic towards all aspects of their jobs.

Samuel W. Tucker Elementary School 1

Posted July 12, 2016
There are a few star teachers here but overall it is a horrible school. I have gone all the way up to the principal with issues only to be treated with absolutely no respect by him or any of the administrative staff.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 11, 2016
Mr Riddile, Thank you for all of your help this year! You are an amazing teacher and we appreciate you taking the time/patience to help guide our son through his first year!!!

Posted July 11, 2016
I was hesitant about sending my son to this school after reviewing the test scores, reading reviews from 2014, listening to rumors, etc. He attended Kindergarten last year and blossomed with the help of the staff. We LOVED everything about Tucker. The faculty exceeded our expectations and I feel silly that I ever listened to idol gossip. My son was lucky enough to be placed in Mr. Riddile's classroom and was excited to go to school each and everyday. Mr. Riddile offered a nurturing environment that helped my son grow. I am a fan of this school and hope that everyone experiences the same!!!

Posted July 11, 2016
This school excels at so many things: the teachers actually care about the kids and their potential!! The staff is wonderful, friendly, and loved by the kids. The building itself is in fantastic shape. I'm one happy mama!

Samuel W. Tucker Elementary School 2

Posted September 28, 2015
School is getting way to crowded. Samuel Tucker is in a very nice neighborhood. I feel the community as a whole is being over taken with English being pushed back as second language now. Every year it gets worse and worse.

Posted September 11, 2015
We moved to Alexandria in November 2014 and my daughter has been attending Samuel Tucker since then. It's been a great experience for her. My daughter is now in 3rd grade and she has developed a huge interest in reading and writing. The principal and teachers really work together as a team and put their greatest efforts to help students to achieve their goals. I appreciate how they encourage reading in and out of school. There are so many things I love about Samuel Tucker. The school principal, the assistant principal and other staff teachers greet the parents and student every morning at the front door, and also make sure that parents that are driving their kids to school arrive and exit smoothly. This year they also held a special orientation event for parents to meet and greet the teachers and other school staff, and helps parents to have a better understanding of how the school programs work, how we as parents can work together as a team to educate our children. Again my daughter is a proud Tucker Tiger who ROARS (responsible, organized, accurate, respectful & safe).

Posted July 31, 2014
Best school ever 3 of my children go there 1 is in middle school she got promoted in 2013. All of my children love this school great staff. Very good 5-Stars

Posted June 18, 2014
My daughter is currently in kindergarten and the teacher Mr Riddile is excellent. This is a great school and it shows with the staff and through the teachers on how well it it. They truly work together as a team and keep the students in line with standards for SOL and all. I truly love this school and it had been nothing but outstanding for my child. Thank you to the principal and teachers for all they do in a daily basis keep up the great work!!!

Samuel W. Tucker Elementary School 4

Posted June 13, 2014
its strengths, not it's. This was self corrected by the poster from 6/13. I wish there were more schools like Tucker, with the combination of dedicated staff, high expectations, and diversity.

435 Ferdinand Day Dr, Alexandria, VA  22304
Last modified Samuel W. Tucker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.