Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

There are a few star teachers here but overall it is a horrible school. I have gone all the way up to the principal with issues only to be treated with absolutely no respect by him or any of the administrative staff.

I was hesitant about sending my son to this school after reviewing the test scores, reading reviews from 2014, listening to rumors, etc. He attended Kindergarten last year and blossomed with the help of the staff. We LOVED everything about Tucker. The faculty exceeded our expectations and I feel silly that I ever listened to idol gossip. My son was lucky enough to be placed in Mr. Riddile's classroom and was excited to go to school each and everyday. Mr. Riddile offered a nurturing environment that helped my son grow. I am a fan of this school and hope that everyone experiences the same!!!

This school excels at so many things: the teachers actually care about the kids and their potential!! The staff is wonderful, friendly, and loved by the kids. The building itself is in fantastic shape. I'm one happy mama!

School is getting way to crowded. Samuel Tucker is in a very nice neighborhood. I feel the community as a whole is being over taken with English being pushed back as second language now. Every year it gets worse and worse.

We moved to Alexandria in November 2014 and my daughter has been attending Samuel Tucker since then. It's been a great experience for her. My daughter is now in 3rd grade and she has developed a huge interest in reading and writing. The principal and teachers really work together as a team and put their greatest efforts to help students to achieve their goals. I appreciate how they encourage reading in and out of school. There are so many things I love about Samuel Tucker. The school principal, the assistant principal and other staff teachers greet the parents and student every morning at the front door, and also make sure that parents that are driving their kids to school arrive and exit smoothly. This year they also held a special orientation event for parents to meet and greet the teachers and other school staff, and helps parents to have a better understanding of how the school programs work, how we as parents can work together as a team to educate our children. Again my daughter is a proud Tucker Tiger who ROARS (responsible, organized, accurate, respectful & safe).

Best school ever 3 of my children go there 1 is in middle school she got promoted in 2013. All of my children love this school great staff. Very good 5-Stars

My daughter is currently in kindergarten and the teacher Mr Riddile is excellent. This is a great school and it shows with the staff and through the teachers on how well it it. They truly work together as a team and keep the students in line with standards for SOL and all. I truly love this school and it had been nothing but outstanding for my child. Thank you to the principal and teachers for all they do in a daily basis keep up the great work!!!

its strengths, not it's. This was self corrected by the poster from 6/13. I wish there were more schools like Tucker, with the combination of dedicated staff, high expectations, and diversity.

This school runs things in a very professional manner. I was pleased with the administration and staff.

Our daughter attended this school from K through 5. We would not have dreamed of sending her anywhere else. The year round model stands out for maximizing student learning. The teachers are experienced and dedicated. The TAG teacher is unparalleled in challenging and energizing advanced students. Lower performing students receive excellent supports form specialized teachers and the extra school time. And middle of the road students -- like mine -- aren't lost in the shuffle. My daughter received personalized attention to meet her needs and challenge her at her level. The principal Mr. Paschal is easy going, friendly, approachable, and responsive. The art, P.E., and music programs and teachers are the highest quality. With Alexandria's great new superintendent, I think the entire system will be headed in a positive direction.

Last modified Samuel W. Tucker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.