Bad
Good

Posted July 23, 2016
The school is great. She has been here for 3 years so far, about to go to her fourth and we are excited to go back. She is a transfer student because I really don't want to send her to her base school, and so far they have been really helpful with that. We are sad that this would be her last year if we can't find a place to leave around that area but we are positive. Every single teacher she had have been amazing, they are dedicated 100 percent to the care and learning of our children. Also the cafeteria staff are really nice to the kids and the parents as well. Also I would like to appoint that my daughter has problem reading and writing, and this pass year they put her in this little program before school that help her in such a way I'm forever grateful for their hard work.

Posted June 25, 2014
I did not want to send my daughter there because of their low testing scores. However we decided to give it a try for a few months before moving. I was very pleased by their friendly staff: they always say hi and smile to parents no matter they know you or not. Those great traits must have influenced their students. Most kids I met and communicated with are polite and their parents are friendly. My daughter always told me that kindergarteners should be caring and sharing--I love it. I was also amazed by how much my daughter can read after one year being in Cameron. It could just because we are lucky that my daughter had a great teacher. One thing a bit bothers me is that we look different from most of families there, so I found hard time to make connections.

Posted September 26, 2013
Cameron Elementary is a very unique and outstanding. Public school in Fairfax County. It has a very caring staff, and mostly all the teachers are great and take time to help every student. It will eventually become one of the premier school in the county.

Posted September 02, 2013
Cameron is a great school! Ms McCurry just became the Principal and I believe she will take Cameron students to top notch. She's very kind and fair. Keep watching Cameron is good but with her, it will be Great! Parent involvement is fair but should improve some of the teachers are top notch. But I'm hopefully things will continue to improve.

Posted May 31, 2013
This really is an amazing school. This was my first grader's first year at Cameron and our first time in the Fairfax County School district. It has been nothing but a pleasurable experience. The teachers, administration, and staff genuinely care about the students. They keep up updated on your child's progress via Blackboard, email, and phonecalls. There is an open door policy when you have a concern and that concern is always handled in the most positive and professional way possible. My son loves this school. It was his first experience with a public school and it could not be a better choice. I HIGHLY recommend this school for academics, character building, hands-on, interactive care and learning.

Posted April 21, 2012
I highly recommend this school. The teachers are awesome as are the office staff. The Principle know every student by name and recognizes the parents, he may not know your name but he knows that you are so-and-so's parent.

Posted April 18, 2012
This school is AWESOME!!! I used to attend this school back in 93. I now have kids myself, though I no longer live in the area I would recommend any parent to enroll their kids in the school.

Posted January 12, 2010
the school staff members are friendly and always willing to help. Their principal is aaaamazing!!! Wonderful school!!! The best!!

Cameron Elementary School

Posted October 03, 2009
The principal is amazing. It is a low income school and the teachers have worked so hard to raise the test scores. We did the best ever this year! The principal knows every parent name and every child's name. He will sooo be missed if he retires this year because he does sooo much for his kids at Cameron.

Posted July 23, 2009
I would say all staffs and teachers are friendly, helpful and devoted. However, Belvedere is GT center which accepts above-average students from other areas. When the principal and staff set a high expectation for SOL result, they trigger the competing atmosphere already existed between students. It's probably some of the reasons why Belvedere gains great scores.

Cameron Elementary School
3434 Campbell Dr, Alexandria, VA  22303
Last modified Cameron Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.