Alexandria, VA

Posted December 16, 2014
I have two children at Clermont (third grade and kindergartan). Our experience has been great, our kids are well adjusted and progressing well in their studies. The class sizes are reasonable for today's standards and the staff engages well with the parents. It's a very involved parent teacher community. I also have to add that the SACC program is phenomenal. Overall, a great school and community.

Clermont Elementary School 4

Posted December 15, 2014
We've had a great experience sending our two girls through Clermont. Teachers and Staff are great. The school is freshly renovated and looking awesome!

Posted December 12, 2014
I have two kids at Clermont - a third grader and a kindergartener. Our experience at Clermont for the past 4 years has been great. Both my kids have had excellent teachers. I feel both are being challenged by classroom instruction and homework. It is amazing what kids can do, even in Kindergarten! When we had a real issue for the first time this year, we feel like the Administration handled it proactively and professionally. Everything we could have asked for. Yes, the school construction has been a pain, but the results are awesome and they are almost done. Our kids are also in SACC (aftercare) at Clermont. The SACC team is fun, fair and has the best interest of our kids at heart. Bottom line: I rarely ever do "reviews," but Clermont is a great school with a super involved parent, teacher and PTA community. It is deserving of all 5 stars.

Posted December 12, 2014
We absolutely have loved Clermont Elementary. Our teachers so far have been terrific--very engaged and nurturing. They truly care about the well-being of the students. I am very impressed with Clermont's principal who is fairly new to Clermont, but has set a tone of inclusiveness and puts the needs of Clermont's students first. We couldn't be happier and feel very lucky to be living in this school district.

Posted December 12, 2014
We have 2 boys in the school. I have found that the teachers and the administrators truly care about the kids. The PTA is very active. There is diversity with the kids, parents and backgrounds. The parents are involved. We feel very thankful for the great environment our kids are in.

Posted August 17, 2014
This school is wonderful. The teachers that my kids have had are enthusiastic and really know how to challenge each student at their level. My kids are learning to speak Chinese which is so amazing! Really all the specials teachers are wonderful, from music to art, to P.E. Many of them come to school spirit nights and support PTA events. The new principal is very approachable and is making this great school even better. We move around a lot and this is by far the best school my kids have attended. There are parents there all the time supporting the school like helping the art teachers, or the kids at lunchtime, putting up bulletin boards or making copies for school events. It's really great to be part of this community.

Clermont Elementary School 4

Posted May 15, 2014
To "A Parent" -- have you actually walked into the school?? To others: if you walk into Clermont, and walk toward the gym , you can walk into two brand-new wings of the school. My son has moved into a new room, many other classes have moved, and the library has moved. Progress is being made across a range of fronts. Yes, it is inconvenient that construction goes on during the school year. But, otherwise, the teachers and new administration are excellent. There is a reason that homes in that neighborhood either never go on sale or get snapped up. It is because Clermont has earned a reputation for excellence.

Clermont Elementary School 2

Posted May 14, 2014
This school is being renovated - SLOWLY. When you walk up to the school, you see giant piles of dirt and concrete. There is no main entrance - you have to go in through the cafeteria. Over the last year, I've seen almost no progress. They're building it one brick at a time. I would hate to be a student here.

Posted April 09, 2014
Clermont is a wonderful school! I agree with previous posts that the administration was lacking; however, there is a new Principal this year and she is fabulous! My son has been at Clermont for the past five years and he has been blessed with some of the most wonderful and engaging teachers. Yes, in this day and age, the teachers are made to "teach to the test" to pass the SOLs, but the teacher's my son has had so far have added to the instruction, especially when the kids have really been engaged in a subject. The class he loves the most is the Chinese language class. They start the program in the 1st grade, one class, one day a week, and it continues through 6th grade. Mark Twain and Edison HS have now added Chinese to their curriculum so the students can end up taking twelve years of Chinese through graduation. That is my son's goal for now. The renovation of the school is currently taking place so there is some shifting around and classes in trailers for now, but it's going to be really wonderful once it's completed. The SACC program at Clermont is second to none with a dedicated staff that really gets to know each child and strong communication with the parents.

Posted June 04, 2013
Have been very happy with our experience here. There have been some hiccups but have felt that the administration listens and responds. The past two years we have had not great years because of the teachers. Administrators understood and listened to our concerns and we chalked it up to a "learning how to deal with people we don't get along with" experience, especially this year. Very involved community and PTA.

Clermont Elementary School
5720 Clermont Dr, Alexandria, VA  22310
Last modified Clermont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clermont Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top