Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I went to this school all through my elementary years , and am now a junior in high school, and I can say with full honesty that this school was overall a bad experience for me. Although now I have a love for learning, this schools lack of care for students made me dread going to school each day. I was a child that suffered greatly due to the lack of experience for a student's mental health. Also their bullying "protection" is upsetting, which I believe was a major contribution to my awful self esteem, even now. I have obviously recovered, and maybe the school has changed their approaches, but in my experience, I would not recommend this school to anyone

My children, in second grade and kindergarten, are thriving at Clermont. I find the school to strike the right balance in every department - diversity, parental involvement, academic rigor, citizenship training, extra-curricular opportunities, and staff capability. I feel welcome as a parent at Clermont, and my children are genuinely happy about going to school. It saddens me a bit to see a less than stellar great schools score for Clermont. People who may be wary of sending their child to anything less than a 10 are missing out on a wonderful community (and fabulous proximity to Old Town and DC).

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We are very happy with every teacher our children have had. We haven't had a negative experience with any of them, and they all have been very engaged with the kids and parents.

Amount of homework: Disagree

It totally depends on the teacher, but our kids usually have a decent amount of homework.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The entire school focuses on the CARE (Cooperation, Acceptance, Responsibility and Effort) initiative that is incorporated into every classroom.

All four of my children have attended Clermont Elementary at one point or another. Being military, our children have attended numerous schools across the US, and we love Clermont. When we were finally ready to buy a home, we only looked in the Clermont district. The school has only gotten better. It was recently completely remodeled and it looks beautiful. The administration and staff are very professional and supportive. There are tons of extracurricular activities for the kids to be involved in, and the PTA/volunteer support within the school is phenomenal. It is truly a unique community feel in such a metropolitan area.

We love Clermont. The new principal and administration are really terrific. The PTA is active and the community is friendly and welcoming. We have had terrific teachers each year. When problems have arose, the principal has been immediately accessible and open to hearing concerns. The new renovation is nearly complete. The school is looking great. My child loves Clermont just as much as we do.

I have two children at Clermont (third grade and kindergartan). Our experience has been great, our kids are well adjusted and progressing well in their studies. The class sizes are reasonable for today's standards and the staff engages well with the parents. It's a very involved parent teacher community. I also have to add that the SACC program is phenomenal. Overall, a great school and community.

We've had a great experience sending our two girls through Clermont. Teachers and Staff are great. The school is freshly renovated and looking awesome!

I have two kids at Clermont - a third grader and a kindergartener. Our experience at Clermont for the past 4 years has been great. Both my kids have had excellent teachers. I feel both are being challenged by classroom instruction and homework. It is amazing what kids can do, even in Kindergarten! When we had a real issue for the first time this year, we feel like the Administration handled it proactively and professionally. Everything we could have asked for. Yes, the school construction has been a pain, but the results are awesome and they are almost done. Our kids are also in SACC (aftercare) at Clermont. The SACC team is fun, fair and has the best interest of our kids at heart. Bottom line: I rarely ever do "reviews," but Clermont is a great school with a super involved parent, teacher and PTA community. It is deserving of all 5 stars.

Last modified Clermont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.