Alexandria, VA

Posted February 02, 2015
We love Clermont. The new principal and administration are really terrific. The PTA is active and the community is friendly and welcoming. We have had terrific teachers each year. When problems have arose, the principal has been immediately accessible and open to hearing concerns. The new renovation is nearly complete. The school is looking great. My child loves Clermont just as much as we do.

Posted December 16, 2014
I have two children at Clermont (third grade and kindergartan). Our experience has been great, our kids are well adjusted and progressing well in their studies. The class sizes are reasonable for today's standards and the staff engages well with the parents. It's a very involved parent teacher community. I also have to add that the SACC program is phenomenal. Overall, a great school and community.

Posted December 15, 2014
We've had a great experience sending our two girls through Clermont. Teachers and Staff are great. The school is freshly renovated and looking awesome!

Posted December 12, 2014
I have two kids at Clermont - a third grader and a kindergartener. Our experience at Clermont for the past 4 years has been great. Both my kids have had excellent teachers. I feel both are being challenged by classroom instruction and homework. It is amazing what kids can do, even in Kindergarten! When we had a real issue for the first time this year, we feel like the Administration handled it proactively and professionally. Everything we could have asked for. Yes, the school construction has been a pain, but the results are awesome and they are almost done. Our kids are also in SACC (aftercare) at Clermont. The SACC team is fun, fair and has the best interest of our kids at heart. Bottom line: I rarely ever do "reviews," but Clermont is a great school with a super involved parent, teacher and PTA community. It is deserving of all 5 stars.

Posted December 12, 2014
We absolutely have loved Clermont Elementary. Our teachers so far have been terrific--very engaged and nurturing. They truly care about the well-being of the students. I am very impressed with Clermont's principal who is fairly new to Clermont, but has set a tone of inclusiveness and puts the needs of Clermont's students first. We couldn't be happier and feel very lucky to be living in this school district.

Posted December 12, 2014
We have 2 boys in the school. I have found that the teachers and the administrators truly care about the kids. The PTA is very active. There is diversity with the kids, parents and backgrounds. The parents are involved. We feel very thankful for the great environment our kids are in.

Posted November 11, 2014
I love that this school is small so it's easy to get to know the staff and other parents. The PTA has been awesome to work with and my son has continued to be challenged with the work load. My only issue has been somewhat of a lack of or inconsistent communication between the school and parents but the principal and front office staff are quick to respond to emails should an issue arise.

Posted August 17, 2014
This school is wonderful. The teachers that my kids have had are enthusiastic and really know how to challenge each student at their level. My kids are learning to speak Chinese which is so amazing! Really all the specials teachers are wonderful, from music to art, to P.E. Many of them come to school spirit nights and support PTA events. The new principal is very approachable and is making this great school even better. We move around a lot and this is by far the best school my kids have attended. There are parents there all the time supporting the school like helping the art teachers, or the kids at lunchtime, putting up bulletin boards or making copies for school events. It's really great to be part of this community.

Posted May 15, 2014
To "A Parent" -- have you actually walked into the school?? To others: if you walk into Clermont, and walk toward the gym , you can walk into two brand-new wings of the school. My son has moved into a new room, many other classes have moved, and the library has moved. Progress is being made across a range of fronts. Yes, it is inconvenient that construction goes on during the school year. But, otherwise, the teachers and new administration are excellent. There is a reason that homes in that neighborhood either never go on sale or get snapped up. It is because Clermont has earned a reputation for excellence.

Clermont Elementary School 2

Posted May 14, 2014
This school is being renovated - SLOWLY. When you walk up to the school, you see giant piles of dirt and concrete. There is no main entrance - you have to go in through the cafeteria. Over the last year, I've seen almost no progress. They're building it one brick at a time. I would hate to be a student here.

Clermont Elementary School
5720 Clermont Dr, Alexandria, VA  22310
Last modified Clermont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clermont Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top