Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This school is so bad the AP are so irresponsible they don't do their work my child got bullied bye students and one of his teachers were giving him a hard time to get over the students im glad I move now my ddughter feels comfortable and safe

I rated good because there are many great teachers and a fairly safe and friendly community, but there are some students that aren't as safe as there are frequent fights in the hallways and students pulling the fire alarm. Other than that, Glasgow is a great middle school! -a student

We were nervous to send out first there last year and now are thrilled to send our second. The school is fantastic - and what makes it so is the commitment of the teachers. The teachers care about the whole child, not just the test scores. The principal is so responsive. We are lucky to be able to send our children to this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

It's not always easy to teach at a Title 1 school; many of our students don't have easy access to education, after-school supports, or the basic necessities of life. Engaging these students while also meeting the needs of very advanced learners is a delicate balancing act.

Our family has been a part of Glasgow MS community since 2011. Each year, Glasgow improves as a school and a community, particularly in the last 3 years. Today, Glasgow embraces its rich diversity - academic, cultural, ethnic, and economic - to create a warm, respectful, creative environment for learning. Remarkably, it meets the needs not only of our neediest students but also of our most advanced learners via specialized programs such as AVID, International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program, and an Advanced Academics (gifted) Center. At the same time, Glasgow is a leader in attending to the social-emotional needs of tweens and young teens, embedding Positive Behavior Intervention Support and the Panther Principles of Kindness, Commitment, and Safety in all aspects of the curriculum. Strong PTA and parent partnerships make this a great place for children to learn and grow as they bridge to high school. Keep up the good work!

Our family has had an excellent experience at Glasgow Middle School. It is a well run school with positive leadership, happy students and strong academics. Our child has been academically challenged and the music programs are outstanding!

awesome it is the best school the qulatiy is very diffrent now and its school staff are kind and push students to there best

I am disgusted that this school is still in existence! This is a poor run down school with a terrible principal and terrible teachers! It seems as if they got these teachers off the streets. So many complaints have been handed down to the office about the teachers but NOTHING is done! I would never let my kid go here, EVER! They treat students so bad & staff members are so disrespectful! FCPS needs to do an investigation on this school IMMEDIATELY!

Over the years, Glasgow seems to go up and down in terms of its reputation, so we weren't sure what to expect when we got there. I have to say that we were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the teachers and the way the school is run. Our son has been challenged by the classes and he has homework almost every day. There is a lot of diversity there and the different economic and cultural backgrounds creates challenges (like bringing down overall test scores), but I think the school does what it can to try to help kids succeed. My son says the differences in the kids is not a big deal. If your child wants to learn and tries hard, there are a lot of opportunities at this school.

Last modified Glasgow Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.