Bad
Good

Groveton elementary school is one the best schools in the area . My son goes here and he loves it and I do to . My son get good grade and has good behavior in school and out of school.

We moved from Arlington County (Abingdon Elementary) schools to Groveton Elem. I was unimpressed the first year compared to Abingdon concerning the slower curriculum, and less homework given. As my children entered the 2nd school year in 2013-2014 , I noticed substantial changes. Some positives: it is a community-based school, the administration & staff are very attentive and make efforts to communicate & collaborate on your childs' needs academically. Groveton offers the Level III Advanced Academic Program (AAP) & now have a resident AAP teacher. I foresee a lot of great changes forthcoming. Definitely top-down, the administration has fostered a culture of caring and devotion to their children. An observance I didn't experience with the teachers @ Abingdon.

What a dedicated staff and administration. I live and work in this community and am so proud to be a part of Groveton's daily life.

My daughter just started going to kindergarten. This is a great school. The principle Rich Pollio,Assistant Principal Ms Peerman, are very nice. They care for your child. Teacher is great and very responsive. I am in touch with her through email, through "folder notes". There is a sheet coming home for every day of the week activities. My daughter loves her school, and teacher. Keep up the good work.

I remember coming to this school during 2nd and 3rd grade. This school has got to be the absolute worst school I had ever been to. I am currently a freshman in high school but when I was there, it was extremely ghetto and the bathrooms were horrible.

At first I was a little apprehensive about my child attending Groveton because of some of the reviews on here. However, I can say that after my son has completed 1st grade and enters 2nd grade, that Groveton is a great school. The teachers and principal are attentive and really take the time to know the students. He attended another smaller school in the area for kindergarten, but I have found that I received better feedback from the teachers at this school. It is a very diverse and dynamic school that is a good learning environment for students. Office staff is very helpful also. Very community based school.

My child has completed K and 1st grade at Groveton. He has been very happy and excelled academically. He has developed a real pride in his school community. The teachers and support staff have been friendly and warm. Many of the staff even know the names of my younger children who do not yet attend the school. The principal makes a point of getting to know all the children and their families. The community is very diverse and my child has benefited from this. He is learning how to get on in the real world, where people come from all kinds of backgrounds, both ethnic and socio-economic. The school celebrates its diversity in many ways. It holds an annual "Taste of Groveton" night where families share food reflective of their family background. The principal also speaks a second language.

I am not sure what the previous reviewer meant when she said she was not sure of the backgrounds of the people who posted previous reviews. My husband and I both have masters degrees and are very pleased with Groveton. It is true it is a very diverse environment in every sense of the word, but I see that as a plus. The school staff and adminstration work very hard at making it work and they succeed. My eldest just completed first grade and my youngest will start kindergarten in the fall. My daughter had great teachers who had excellent control of their class. I do not have experience with the upper grades but the kindegarten and first grade staff are great. They also have gifted music and gym teachers who are wonderful with the children. The school staff is also very diverse and is blessed with strong leadership.

I am not sure what kind of backgrounds those who posted their review. I cannot wait until we move, so I can take my son out of this school. My daughter attended Stratford Landing Elementary School, more upscale and children are more affluent and civilized. Groveton, on the other hand, is mixed with underprivileged children who happened to be unruly. When I made surprised visit the class room was in total chaos. Sure, if you compare the school in Ohio to Fairfax County School, of course, it is better.

In our first months at Groveton, I have been impressed with the quality of my child's teacher. There is excellent communication from the teacher. The school is very clean, childrens' work is posted throughout the school and all the staff have been friendly and welcoming.

Last modified Groveton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.