Posted May 15, 2014
As a former teacher with Fairfax County Public Schools and early childhood educator, I can tell you our first grader has received nothing but the best from her experience at Mount Eagle Elementary. Even though the school is small, it delivers a developmentally appropriate education in a community based environment. Parents are encouraged to walk their child to class, giving families and teachers an opportunity to touch base every day. The teachers are clearly some of the best in the county and truly care about their students. Events like Principal's Pride, Literacy Nights, and Learning Celebrations help support student and family achievements at individual levels. Even though our school boundaries pull students from 4 small local neighborhoods, the student body is very diverse. The size of the school helps foster lasting relationships between students and families. The PTO at Mount Eagle gains strength every year and promotes community relationships with yearly events like BINGO, a school dance, and an international food night. We have been more than pleased with the education our daughter has received and look forward to sending our younger children to Mount Eagle as well.

Mount Eagle Elementary School 4

Posted May 15, 2014
I had a student at Mount Eagle for her 1st and 2nd grades. It was a wonderful experience. She was targeted as an Advanced Academic Student and received all of the extra attention she needed. In 2nd grade, she was in a special AAP joint 2/3 class. It was amazing and when she moved over to the AAP center , she was well-prepared. It is a friendly, community-minded school. The library is excellent. The teachers are responsive to individual needs.

Mount Eagle Elementary School 1

Posted May 14, 2014
horrible. this year my 2nd grader has learned (from student body) about sex, foul language, and been bullied. the SACC program for this school is equally bad. if i could afford it we would either move or go to private school. we are stuck and i am desperate to get out of this school.

Posted March 25, 2014
We are parents of a kindergartener and have loved our experience so far. The kindergarten teachers have been great and we've enjoyed the sense of community in our little school. The PTO is very active and the staff has been friendly and responsive.

Posted March 24, 2014
We love Mt. Eagle! The Faculty is amazing! Everyone is friendly and welcoming! My daughter is learning so much and enjoying it all!

Posted March 20, 2014
What a great school! I have been so impressed with the faculty and teachers and students at this school. The teachers do a phenomenal job at getting the students engaged and excited to learn. My son absolutely can't wait to go to school everyday! He has made so much progress this year and is really excelling. With the help of a dedicated PTO, my sons class has also had the opportunity to go on some wonderful field trips and great learning experiences. We are looking forward to the rest of our time there!

Posted February 09, 2014
My son's kindergarten teachers are absolutely wonderful! They encourage parent involvement and are very nurturing, understanding and supportive. My son loves going to school here and is really thriving. I would also add that I find the staff at the school to be very responsive and helpful.

Posted January 07, 2014
Great school! The kids get lots of one on one interaction with teachers because of small class sizes. The PTO and the parents seem pretty involved. Lots of additional resources available for the children. We've been enjoying our experience at Mt.Eagle!

Posted January 25, 2010
Mount Eagle is a great school. I am the parent of a kindergartener enrolled here. The staff is great and the communication between the administrators and parents is excellent. The school has numerous functions and the most of the time the parents are in attendance at these events. My child is excelling in this school and I look forward to many more years to come.

Mount Eagle Elementary School 0

Posted September 27, 2009
Wonderful neighborhood school. No longer a secret as it was just named a 'Model Professional Learning Community' because of its' focus on raising student achievement. In 2008-2009 90 percent of it's students passed the math and reading state test. The teaching staff is spectacular and the administration is solid. This is a Title I school that prides itself on showing that no matter who the students are they will get a quality education. The rating of three is rediculous. This school is at least 10!

Mount Eagle Elementary School
6116 N Kings Hwy, Alexandria, VA  22303
Last modified Mount Eagle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mount Eagle Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top