Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Mount Eagle Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 27, 2016
we are grateful for Mr. Cam. He is a wonderful kindergarten teacher. He is engaging and youthful. My son loves him and thinks the best of him. We are very happy to him as our son's kindergarten teacher.

Posted April 27, 2016
We love Mount Eagle. At fist we were nervous because of the low ratings. This school is small, intimate neighborhood school. Our son is in kindergarten and loves his teacher, loves his school and has learned so much! He has started reading and writing. His classroom is small (14 student!) and we love that. It is just what he needs. The community isight. People know you and you are not just one small ant in the mass. Mrs. Consolla is great too!! She is engaged and takes care of her little school with love and sharpness.

Posted April 08, 2015
This wonderful neighborhood school is a little treasure of the expansive Fairfax County. You can't beat the class sizes. The staff is absolutely outstanding and the teachers are dedicated and caring. The most important thing is that my son LOVES going to school! We've also met so many wonderful families, and have made lifelong friends within the school community. The special resources available at Mount Eagle are plentiful- art, music, drama, chess, lego club, field trips. I can't say enough good things about our experience here.

Mount Eagle Elementary School 2

Posted March 12, 2015
This is our first year at Mount Eagle I have been underwhelmed by the school so far. The student body is very socioeconomically diverse and I think the teachers struggle to help the more advanced kids progress. When I speak with parents at other area elementary schools it seems there kids are doing much more in class than my child. I appreciate that this school caters to a diverse population and that makes all of the teacher's jobs more challenging. But if they want to keep the advanced kids at the school they need to figure out how to better meet their needs too.

Posted November 25, 2014
We are so grateful for the wonderful teachers at Mount Eagle. It's our second year at the school, and our son is excelling and loves going to school. As a parent, I love the small class sizes and all of the extra resources available for students. Great neighborhood school, and I feel that the ratings are way off. Mount Eagle Elementary should be rated a 10!

Mount Eagle Elementary School 4

Posted July 23, 2014
I like this school. My son has been at Mt. Eagle four 3 years and he seems to enjoy it. I love the advanced academics teacher the most. She is very hands on and well organized. There is a great network of parents and teachers working together, although I think they are a little harsh on some students. Overall, there we're some great opportunities for my son to learn new and interesting things in an environment that embraces it's diversity.

Posted May 15, 2014
As a former teacher with Fairfax County Public Schools and early childhood educator, I can tell you our first grader has received nothing but the best from her experience at Mount Eagle Elementary. Even though the school is small, it delivers a developmentally appropriate education in a community based environment. Parents are encouraged to walk their child to class, giving families and teachers an opportunity to touch base every day. The teachers are clearly some of the best in the county and truly care about their students. Events like Principal's Pride, Literacy Nights, and Learning Celebrations help support student and family achievements at individual levels. Even though our school boundaries pull students from 4 small local neighborhoods, the student body is very diverse. The size of the school helps foster lasting relationships between students and families. The PTO at Mount Eagle gains strength every year and promotes community relationships with yearly events like BINGO, a school dance, and an international food night. We have been more than pleased with the education our daughter has received and look forward to sending our younger children to Mount Eagle as well.

Mount Eagle Elementary School 4

Posted May 15, 2014
I had a student at Mount Eagle for her 1st and 2nd grades. It was a wonderful experience. She was targeted as an Advanced Academic Student and received all of the extra attention she needed. In 2nd grade, she was in a special AAP joint 2/3 class. It was amazing and when she moved over to the AAP center , she was well-prepared. It is a friendly, community-minded school. The library is excellent. The teachers are responsive to individual needs.

Mount Eagle Elementary School 1

Posted May 14, 2014
horrible. this year my 2nd grader has learned (from student body) about sex, foul language, and been bullied. the SACC program for this school is equally bad. if i could afford it we would either move or go to private school. we are stuck and i am desperate to get out of this school.

Posted March 25, 2014
We are parents of a kindergartener and have loved our experience so far. The kindergarten teachers have been great and we've enjoyed the sense of community in our little school. The PTO is very active and the staff has been friendly and responsive.

Mount Eagle Elementary School
6116 N Kings Hwy, Alexandria, VA  22303
Last modified Mount Eagle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.