Alexandria, VA
Students enrolled: 1,889

Mount Vernon High School 1

Posted January 31, 2014
My daughter is a freshman in High School. she never failed a class till she step foot in Mount Vernon High School. Her teacher is always giving her a hard time. the Principal leadership is failing. she needs to hire better teachers.

Posted September 04, 2013
CRAZEH, 5 Stars Man. Very Diverse and stylish ways of teaching, Exellent IB program as well.

Posted August 23, 2013
Mount Vernon continues to be a great school, having great athletic and extra curricular activities, but most of all GREAT teachers. We are thrilled to have our last of 5 entering this year!

Mount Vernon High School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
So far this school has been very welcoming and helpful. We are military and new to the East Coast, so it was very important to us that the school be military firendly and understaning to transitioning students.We are looking forward to the new year!

Mount Vernon High School 1

Posted August 14, 2012
mount vernon high is making a valliant effort to meet the needs of all students in the face of gross misconduct by several students. The principal is amenable and works to deal with situations to the best of his ability.

Posted July 23, 2012
Cannot say enough about this school (positive). Yes, there is a diverse student population, I enjoy that, as do my kids! Students, faculty and staff are very friendly and it's very cool to see the different students interacting. There is a top notch ROTC program, great sport programs, drama/other extra curricular activities, good parental involvement, and so far the teachers have been top notch!! I'm particularly impressed with the leadership and guidance departments, and how they truly support the teachers, students, and parents! For such a large student body, so many cultures and personalities (in the students and staff) it's certainly a fantastic school.

Posted July 19, 2012
Great principal, some great teachers, a lot of good teachers. Potential for friction with so much diversity but the administration handles it well.

Posted July 19, 2012
Let's try this again. We have only been at Mount Vernon for a year. My daughter came from a very small school and we were concerned about the size. My daughter also has a 504 education plan, another concern: would it be adhered to, would she fall through the cracks, would she fit it? I am THRILLED to report that we have had nothing but positive response and assistance in helping our child succeed through this transition, and she is thriving. We love the diverse population and the students and staff seem to be happy!

Posted July 18, 2012
With the exception of 1 or 2 teachers over the course of our 4 years and 2 of 6 kids at Mount Vernon High School (and any issues with a teacher have been promptly and courteously handled appropriately) we could not be happier with the teachers and the counselors. As other reviewers have stated-there is a sincere interest in the individual student and and a genuine warm and caring staff from the front office on. We could not be more pleased!!

Mount Vernon High School 3

Posted May 03, 2012
With the exception of one awful biology teacher, I have been happy with my daughter's teachers at Mount Vernon. She is being challenged in most classes, although some teachers have a hard time getting the classes under control from disrespectful students. This has made the learning environment difficult for my freshman.

Mount Vernon High School
8515 Old Mount Vernon Rd, Alexandria, VA  22309
Last modified Mount Vernon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mount Vernon High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top