Alexandria, VA

Rose Hill Elementary School 2

Posted April 14, 2015
I have a child in the special education preschool. If I had known what type of school Rose Hill was in regards to special education, I would have relocated to a different part of the district so my son would not have had to endure this school for a whole year. In a nutshell, your child is at a babysitters, I do not feel that they are being challenged or taught the important information they will need for Kindergarten. There is NO Kindergarten prep for these kids and if they are working with them ex: ABC's, tracing letters or numbers, colors ect, you certainly will not see any of that coming home with them. My suggestion, if you can, I beg you to go to Hayfield Elementary, I have only had two meetings at this school and I can already tell you that they are 100% more organized and knowledgeable on special education and the new methods of therapies and they WANT your child to succeed.

Posted February 07, 2012
I have a six grader and a second grader at Rose Hill in the Spanish Immersion and they love it. Rose hill has been a Great school specially know under a new Principal!!!!!!!!

Posted September 24, 2011
My Older Daughter has been in this school for 7 years now and those seven years have been the best she ever had everyday she comes home telling me the greatest things she ever done and now she's very excited to graduate from 6th grade so far my daughter is a straight a student and she does many activities like girls on the run and many more I think this school Is very good and it's the right fit for my daughter.

Posted March 22, 2011
I have a kindergarten child in the Spanish Immersion Program. We are very happy with the outcome. At first I was a little hisitant because of the test scores displayed in this website. But a bilingual education is SO much challenging and harder on the child. You cannot compare that to a regular school. My son can read and write in both English and Spanidh. To me that is huge. Also- they have so many enriching extracurricular activities. This year my son had the opportunity to be in the school's yearly musical production. You don't have those opportunities in other schools. This is the right school for my son.

Rose Hill Elementary School 4

Posted October 02, 2009
I just moved to the area. The school is very welcoming. My son has transitioned smoothly into a classroom and the teacher communicates frequently. I really like the Blackboard? site that has information about what is going. Over all, I think the school is a good fit for my son.

Rose Hill Elementary School

Posted September 02, 2009
My son attended the preschool autism class (PAC) this past school year. The teachers and assistants responsible for this program are excellent! I'm thrilled with the tremendous progress my child has made thanks to the caring, dedicated, and highly capable staff at Rose Hill. I would not hesitate to recommend this program to any parent with a special-needs child.

Rose Hill Elementary School 2

Posted February 03, 2009
For the most part, teachers are talented, hardworking and dedicated but the school seems incredibly disorganized and poorly managed compared to other nearby schools. Orther schools with incoming K's start communicating with parents early in the summer which makes preparing for the transition easier. Information regarding events and deadlines isn't sent home in a timely fashion Test scores seem low but there are a lot of low income, non-native English speakers which actually makes it a nicely diverse school. A surprising number of staff are not good at recognizing kids who need education interventions. We'd been telling them for years our child needed additional assistance. We had to do it privately and only after we tested her did they see how much services were required.

Rose Hill Elementary School
6301 Rose Hill Dr, Alexandria, VA  22310
Last modified Rose Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rose Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top