Alexandria, VA

Posted February 14, 2014
I am a 7th Grader at Mark Twain Middle School. I think that it's the best school ever. It's soo much better than Carl Sandburg because we don't tolerate fight, bullying, etc..

Twain Middle School 4

Posted June 16, 2010
After two years in this school, I was releaved of leaving, but also a little sad. Mark Twain Midle School was an adventure never forgotten and my teachers were totally awesome. It seemed like the teachers were like us students and the majority of us became friends. Of couse there some tough times in school, but the good times were to be appriciated in one's lifetime. Although the school's daily situations for student socializing seemed a bit high school drama-ish, it was fun being a Twain Tiger!

Twain Middle School

Posted November 28, 2009
We have been nothing but pleased with the staff and faculty of Mark Twain. The new principal has created a full committed learning environment and the kids are thriving. Kudos to Mark Twain Middle School.

Posted October 12, 2009
Much better now. A whole new staff.

Posted August 29, 2007
Great school with great teachers who really care and try to help their students.

Twain Middle School 3

Posted December 06, 2006
I think both comments are true. My child was in the GTC for 2 years and had great teachers and learned a lot. However the electives and PE were often full of kids who did not want to learn or behave, teachers really had their hands full. The principal struck me as proactive and responsive.

Twain Middle School 3

Posted November 17, 2006
Mark Twain Middle School is a rowdy and uncontrolled environment unsuitable for learning. Teachers also gave pointless busy work often and seemed careless at times. This school is good though in it's variety of after school activities.

Posted January 07, 2006
My son went to Twain for the GT program in 2003-05, and I found the principal and teachers to be a caring, supportive team. The principal is 'on the ball,' and she sets the tone for the rest of the school. Any problems I had were handled immediately. Even the security guard loves his job & knows most students by name.

Twain Middle School
4700 Franconia Rd, Alexandria, VA  22310
Last modified Twain Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Twain Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top