Bad
Good

enrolling my daughter to this school was a horrible experience. She is up-to-date with her immunizations but yet the administrators kept insisting she is not, after weeks of running around w/ her doc. & school & forms, finally Weyanoke came to their senses that it was their mistake! This says alot about their leadership.

I do not recommend this school if you have a child with special needs. I have spoken to mothers with children from different grade levels and the majority do not recommend this school. The principal does not get involved with the special education classes. She leaves the decisions to the teacher of the class. If you want your child to advance academically and emotionally, then I do not recommend this school. Horrible experience.

Honestly, I am questioning many of these reviews with 4 or 5 stars. I have had a horrible experience with this school. Most of the teachers here are nice and pleasant but it's the administrative staff that I worry about. The principle does not seem engaged with the students and their academic success. My child tends to have trouble in school and much of it has to do with his struggle with impulse. The teacher was nice and told me she would allow an evaluation to take place but I have had so much push-back from the Administrator staff. I understand that it costs the school a great deal of money when doing an IEP (they get the money from grants), but it's for the benefit of the child! I just want to ensure that my child is getting the specialized instruction he needs in order to be confident in school. I want to give them the benefit of a doubt- but it's been years and I am starting to feel that if your child has any type of disorder, language barrier, or disability- you're in for a world of grief here, good luck, you will need it.

The school's motto "character counts" is a theme that is prevalent throughout the school from the professional staff to the well-mannered and very diverse student body. I am pleased with the amount of attention my daughter gets in the decent sized classrooms (18-21 students) and like that the principal is no-nonsense. The choral, strings, and after school programs are a big plus too.

My daughter has been at this school two years and we love it! I recommend going to the Fairfax County School district site to get a wealth of the most up to date information(www.fcps.edu) This school is incredibly diverse and that is a definite strength.

My son went to this school for two years, its a wonderful school, nice and prof. staff. If you have choice to chose, I would strongly recomend Weyanoke.

Last modified Weyanoke Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.