Alexandria, VA

Posted May 14, 2015
My children have had an excellent experience at Lane. They have had very supportive and responsive teachers every year. The administration has been inclusive, open and approachable. We initially considered a private school for our children, but we have been thrilled that we decided to enroll at Lane.

Posted May 07, 2015
I have a first grader at Lane Elementary. I am very happy with the school in general. In my experience the teacher's are great at communicating, my child feels safe and happy at school, and the after school activities offered onsite (I.e. all sports, running club, zumba, karate, and others) are fantastic. Kingstowne is a well kept area and very convenient. I recommend Lane Elementary School, and residing in Kingstowne.

Posted April 29, 2015
The administration and faculty at Lane are excellent and responsive to any questions/concerns. They are very active in the school and PTA and are constantly working to improve the school. The education my child receives at this school is excellent. Her teachers have all been fabulous and well-trained. They are assertive and let you know if there are problems. They also are responsive to any questions I may have. I have been nothing but thrilled with this school. I am active in the PTA and feel like I have a good sense of how the school functions and is run. I am very happy this is my child's school and think you would be hard pressed to find many who were unhappy with the education and experience their children have at this school.

Posted April 29, 2015
lane elementary school is a great institution for learning and nurturing young inquisitive minds. The teachers and staff are dedicated in guiding and teaching the children.

Lane Elementary School 4

Posted April 22, 2015
Overall we have had a positive experience at this school. There is good school spirit and the students seem to take pride in the school. The only problem we have had is with the lack of recess and inadequate PE experience. The children need more physical activity!

Posted April 16, 2015
My daughter is in her first year at Kindergarten at Lane. We have been so pleased with her wonderful teacher and aide. They are caring, organized and supportive with the class. My daughter just loves them and has a big smile every time she sees her classmates. Lane is on the ball with learning, discipline and creatively mixing fun and learning during the day. The teachers and Administrative team are very approachable and helpful. The PTA has great after school activities for the kids and parents. We feel very lucky we are at Lane!

Posted April 16, 2015
This is our first year at Lane Elementary and we like the school very much. Our son joined in January and he is a much happier child since. He loves his teacher and his school and so do we. Due to work schedule we can only participate in a limited number of activities, but the PTA seems very involved and there for the children and their teachers. So far we are happy with his academic accomplishments and challenges, we were impressed with some of the projects that they are assigned for homework, projects that involve a lot of research and also parent support (known as Family Projects). We see our child grow every day and for a first grader we consider that he is doing very well. We highly recommend this school.

Posted April 16, 2015
Amazing to be a parent with a kindergartner there. He has troubles anxiety with new surroundings and they make it such an easy transition for us. They go the extra mile to make sure your fears and worries are settled. Great learning environment. our teacher implemented a behavior plan for him in the classroom to award good behavior which turned him around 180 degrees on focus, attention, listening skills and responsibility for owns actions and things. He's incredibly smart, reading 2nd grade level and moved him into a reading class that challenged him rather then being bored with what they were doing. I'm also on the PTA board and they really care about their school and their kids. They have amazing fund raisers. My son is doing very well. I'm proud to be a Lane lion.

Posted April 15, 2015
This is our second year at Lane Elementary, and we are SO HAPPY to be here! I have two children at Lane. My first grade son is thriving, after a rocky start. When he struggled in Kindergarten to adapt to the our move to Alexandria, to the schedule and the expectations, we found the support of Mrs. Contreras (the principal), Ms. Holtzman (the school counselor) and Ms. Reynolds to go ABOVE and beyond to ensure that our son had a positive school experience. This year, in first grade, he is thriving in all areas! He has asked if he can stay at Lane FOREVER! It's a bright, happy school, with amazing teachers, administration, and the most active and welcoming PTA that you could imagine. We had NO trouble integrating into this community. My daughter, a Kindergartener, is reading, writing, and thriving with her teacher. The class size is big - but teachers really do set boundaries early on, and the responsive classroom style teaches respect and kindness to peers. 5 stars, all around.

Posted December 28, 2014
This is our second year at Lane and we couldn't be happier!! Our son is thriving and exceeding expectations in reading and math. His teachers have made sure to keep challenging him to help him grow. They have a wonderful extracurricular activities and programs...our son has done sports and engineering. Mrs contreras is a fantastic principal and under her leadership the staff is exampling school spirit. Our son is so proud to be a Lane lion and we will be sad to leave this school when we move in the summer.

Lane Elementary School
7137 Beulah St, Alexandria, VA  22315
Last modified Lane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lane Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top