Posted September 18, 2014
All the schools in the area are great. But what i like that stood out most about Lane is the administrative office. From the Principal to the Nurse, everyone was very warm and helpful. When the nucleus of the school is impressive that feeds throughout the entire body. I have a 3rd grader and a 1st grade at Lane. They both love the school. And many of the teachers call them personally by name just from knowing them in the hall.

Posted April 18, 2014
We Love Lane! I have two children that attend Lane Elementary, and they have enjoyed every minute! I like the way the teachers care for my children and keep me in the 'loop' about their progress. They have an open-door policy and welcome parent helpers and volunteers. My children look forward to the educational field trips and I like the way the trips are connected to their learning. I looked at several schools in the area before moving into this cluster. I wanted a school with diversity, small class size, an acitvie PTA and great leadership. I'm happy to say, I've found all of these qualities at Lane!!

Posted April 11, 2014
We moved here mid-school yea, our daughter is in 6th grade and the transaction has been rather seamless for her. The faculty and kids have been wonderful in welcoming her and helping her transition to their structure. The one issue my daughter did encounter with another child, was handled quickly and professionally by the teacher, and I am happy to say no other incidences have occurred since. Very happy with Lane Elementary.

Posted April 11, 2014
Lane is a very welcoming school. The administration, teachers and staff are friendly and really care about the students. Our son is in kindergarten this year and loves being a Lane Lion. We look forward to our daughter entering kindergarten in 2015. The teachers really work together, creating a cooperative environment for the students and families. The PTA is very active, as well! We are very happy here!

Posted April 10, 2014
The school has supportive teachers who are committed to their students. The multi-age class for 1st/2nd graders has inspired my child to do his very best.

Posted April 10, 2014
Lane Elem has been a great school for both my kids. Both have enjoyed their teachers and the extracurricular activities offered. Although, both do complain about the quality of food for lunch, so both do bring their lunch to school.

Lane Elementary School 4

Posted April 10, 2014
Administration truly seems to care and want students to improve. We are very happy with the school after two years.

Posted April 10, 2014
This is the 3rd school that my daughter has attended. (We usually move yearly.) This is the best school my daughter has attended. The staff really care. My daughter enjoys her days. We are hoping to stay in the area and continue at Lane.

Posted April 09, 2014
Our daughter has been a student at Lane for four years. We are very happy with the quality of the instruction, the easy communication with the teachers and front office and the many wonderful in-school and after school activities. It is a very positive environment for children and their families. Go Lions!

Posted April 09, 2014
I am really happy with Lane so far. It is such a great environment, both from the inside with caring teachers and administration and outside with parents who really talk to one another and watch out for one another. There really seems to be a community here, with parents very willing to be involved and PTA and school events to help build that community feel.

Lane Elementary School
7137 Beulah St, Alexandria, VA  22315
Last modified Lane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lane Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 53 reviews.