Alexandria, VA

Posted April 16, 2015
My daughter is in her first year at Kindergarten at Lane. We have been so pleased with her wonderful teacher and aide. They are caring, organized and supportive with the class. My daughter just loves them and has a big smile every time she sees her classmates. Lane is on the ball with learning, discipline and creatively mixing fun and learning during the day. The teachers and Administrative team are very approachable and helpful. The PTA has great after school activities for the kids and parents. We feel very lucky we are at Lane!

Posted April 16, 2015
This is our first year at Lane Elementary and we like the school very much. Our son joined in January and he is a much happier child since. He loves his teacher and his school and so do we. Due to work schedule we can only participate in a limited number of activities, but the PTA seems very involved and there for the children and their teachers. So far we are happy with his academic accomplishments and challenges, we were impressed with some of the projects that they are assigned for homework, projects that involve a lot of research and also parent support (known as Family Projects). We see our child grow every day and for a first grader we consider that he is doing very well. We highly recommend this school.

Posted April 15, 2015
This is our second year at Lane Elementary, and we are SO HAPPY to be here! I have two children at Lane. My first grade son is thriving, after a rocky start. When he struggled in Kindergarten to adapt to the our move to Alexandria, to the schedule and the expectations, we found the support of Mrs. Contreras (the principal), Ms. Holtzman (the school counselor) and Ms. Reynolds to go ABOVE and beyond to ensure that our son had a positive school experience. This year, in first grade, he is thriving in all areas! He has asked if he can stay at Lane FOREVER! It's a bright, happy school, with amazing teachers, administration, and the most active and welcoming PTA that you could imagine. We had NO trouble integrating into this community. My daughter, a Kindergartener, is reading, writing, and thriving with her teacher. The class size is big - but teachers really do set boundaries early on, and the responsive classroom style teaches respect and kindness to peers. 5 stars, all around.

Posted December 28, 2014
This is our second year at Lane and we couldn't be happier!! Our son is thriving and exceeding expectations in reading and math. His teachers have made sure to keep challenging him to help him grow. They have a wonderful extracurricular activities and programs...our son has done sports and engineering. Mrs contreras is a fantastic principal and under her leadership the staff is exampling school spirit. Our son is so proud to be a Lane lion and we will be sad to leave this school when we move in the summer.

Posted December 18, 2014
My children are at Lane Elementary, and we love it! The teachers know their students well and are always available via e-mail or for a quick chat. The additional programs that Lane offers (such as band and after school programs) along with the dedication to extracurricular activities (such as gym, library time, art, music and computer education) is great. The PTA at this school is fantastic and raises much needed funds through fun events --- and the Principal/Vice Princ. and many teachers attend the PTA meetings.

Posted December 16, 2014
Lane is a wonderful school where the staff as well as teaching staff are great! The school has state of the art equipment making the learning environment that much better. The PTA is awesome in always having something set up to generate money for the school and the parents involvement is wonderful. It's like having a private school without having to pay private school prices.

Posted September 18, 2014
All the schools in the area are great. But what i like that stood out most about Lane is the administrative office. From the Principal to the Nurse, everyone was very warm and helpful. When the nucleus of the school is impressive that feeds throughout the entire body. I have a 3rd grader and a 1st grade at Lane. They both love the school. And many of the teachers call them personally by name just from knowing them in the hall.

Posted April 18, 2014
We Love Lane! I have two children that attend Lane Elementary, and they have enjoyed every minute! I like the way the teachers care for my children and keep me in the 'loop' about their progress. They have an open-door policy and welcome parent helpers and volunteers. My children look forward to the educational field trips and I like the way the trips are connected to their learning. I looked at several schools in the area before moving into this cluster. I wanted a school with diversity, small class size, an acitvie PTA and great leadership. I'm happy to say, I've found all of these qualities at Lane!!

Posted April 11, 2014
We moved here mid-school yea, our daughter is in 6th grade and the transaction has been rather seamless for her. The faculty and kids have been wonderful in welcoming her and helping her transition to their structure. The one issue my daughter did encounter with another child, was handled quickly and professionally by the teacher, and I am happy to say no other incidences have occurred since. Very happy with Lane Elementary.

Posted April 11, 2014
Lane is a very welcoming school. The administration, teachers and staff are friendly and really care about the students. Our son is in kindergarten this year and loves being a Lane Lion. We look forward to our daughter entering kindergarten in 2015. The teachers really work together, creating a cooperative environment for the students and families. The PTA is very active, as well! We are very happy here!

Lane Elementary School
7137 Beulah St, Alexandria, VA  22315
Last modified Lane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lane Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top