Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I believe they would be more effective if they were given the opportunity to teach holistically rather than to the test.

Amount of homework: no rating

Homework cannot be graded so children are not always required to do anything. This is frustrating for teachers and parents.

Develops character: Agree

Honesty and compliance is drilled into the children. Most children are naturally this way and the families are good that have their children attend. We love the new AP as of the last year and 1/2.

If you are an average or above average student with no special needs or behavior challenges, this is a good school. Not great...good. If your child needs anything special...a 504, IEP or just individual attention...not so good. The administration has not been proactive or even up to date on laws and regulations. Good news is that there will be a new AP that will hopefully have more knowledge. School atmosphere is kept cool and orderly...no talking in the hallway and all straight lines...not child friendly. Teachers are mostly good or Great! There is too much pressure on them regarding testing and keeping the kids under "control". We have LOVED our teachers:-)

My daughter just completed Kindergarten at Douglas MacArthur and we could not be happier with our experience at this school. Teachers care, parents are involved, the principal is present, and the encore classes are incredible. My daughter had Mr. Jackson as her teacher and he was amazing. Very great at teaching each child at their individual level. His communication to parents was great as well. She highly enjoyed her PE classes. They introduced different exercise routines to the kids including rock climbing and yoga. She ran laps each day and really learned how to take care of her body. I am so pleased with this school. I never want to move away! When I asked my daughter what she'll miss most about school at the completion of the year, she quickly responded, "The teachers." I'm so grateful for all the wonderful teachers at our school.

This was our first year at MacArthur and we have been so pleased. My daughter's kindergarten teacher has been wonderful and the assistant principal, Ms. Itzkowitz, was very responsive when an issue came up. It's so comforting to know that we have leaders in the school who are there to support us and make the transition to elementary painless. Parents that I speak to really love the community and active PTA involvement. Highly recommend!

MacArthur is a wonderful school and community. It is the only school that uses responsive classroom model. Our children love the morning meetings -- when all students meet to share about their day. The teachers and staff are helpful and responsive. My 2nd grader loves her teacher. The teacher is so great that she even made learning Economics and taking math tests fun! We love the school and the community.

The teachers and staff are caring and very responsive. The parent community is engaged and supportive. We've been extremely pleased with the school for both the classroom activities and after school offerings.

Excellent school with a very strong principal and fantastic and dedicated teachers. Communication is excellent. My kids love their school and I love it too.

Kind, hardworking, engaged staff and parent community! My children are happy and are learning. There is effective use of technology, art, movement & exercise, community building, which enhance and enrich a rigorous curriculum.

Last modified Douglas Macarthur Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.