Alexandria, VA

Posted December 03, 2014
Jefferson Huston middle school is a great school am very happy Faculty and staff focus on developing students are learning independence and take personal responsibility for their assignments. I believe this makes the students prepared for High school. Jefferson Huston is the best best school from 0ld Town Virginia JF keep up the wonderful work.

Posted February 20, 2014
I was really happy with the school's special education preschool. My son learned a lot, and learned compassion for others. The teachers were hands-on and caring.

Jefferson-Houston PreK-8 School 3

Posted January 31, 2014
Jefferson-Houston offers three preschool programs. My children attend the PLT program that combines typical developmental children with children with delays in their development. Is a wonderful program with a great team of teachers that families should take benefit of.

Jefferson-Houston PreK-8 School 4

Posted February 26, 2013
my son just started going to this school three days ago and he seems excited to go to school... they must be doing a good job.

Jefferson-Houston PreK-8 School 1

Posted January 06, 2013
Jefferson Houston has the potential to be a good school but the bullying is out of control. I had to pull my son from the school and the administration is not proactive enough to handle the students that are causing the problems. I recommend to do your research before enrolling your child.

Jefferson-Houston PreK-8 School 2

Posted May 08, 2012
Jefferson Houston is awful. I was highly disappointed in the teachers and school leadership. The intramural sports program is disorganized as the students ride the bus to George Washington. We discovered that many of the students were "walking" to George Washington instead of riding the bus. Although the teacher to student ratio is great, most of the kids require constant disciplining so the teachers can't spend as much time teaching. There are no good after school programs or school activities. Recommend you spending an entire day there and do lots of research before you decide to send you child to Jefferson Houston!

Posted May 23, 2011
This is Alexandria's hidden jewel. The teachers are outstanding and the students are very respectful of each other. I have two kids at the school, both of whom are doing very well (one has made the honor roll with straight As for the past two quarters - and the other is consistently making As and Bs). The school now has an IB program, which is extraordinary - and the principal is top-notch (best I've ever encountered - she genuinely cares about every student and knows them by name).

Posted July 27, 2010
Jefferson-Houston Elementary School is a very good school, with great teachers and staff. Ms. Graves is doing a wonderful job for the whole of the school. She is turning the school around. The building is very nice, I like the way it is laid out with its open classrooms for shared teaching. My daughters went to this school and now my grandson is attending. We love it.

Jefferson-Houston PreK-8 School 0

Posted April 29, 2010
I love it because of the dedication of the teachers and staff who work everyday to help our students achieve the goal of learning. We are indeed a family.

Jefferson-Houston PreK-8 School 0

Posted April 21, 2010
This school is working very hard to improve it's test scores and improve the quality of education. It serves a population with limited resources, and is working to meet the challenges of this population

Jefferson-Houston PreK-8 School
1501 Cameron St, Alexandria, VA  22314
Last modified Jefferson-Houston PreK-8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jefferson-Houston PreK-8 School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top