Alexandria, VA

Posted February 27, 2015
The Patrick Henry ES staff are very dedicated, professional, hard working and approachable. The test scores have improved considerably since the new Principal is in charge. They keep parents informed and involved in all aspects. So far it has been a great experience for my child.

Posted February 25, 2015
Patrick Henry has made major changes to our school since Mrs. Bynum took over. Most of our children are reading above grade level and I can speak for both of my kids they love to read and love books. Their test scores have improve greatly and they really enjoy their school. The teachers take the time to know the parents and don't hesitate to call or email if there is some concerns. Our test scores are not what is listed here and not sure what it takes to update but these scores are not correct. I wish I could attach the correct scores. I love that all the administrative takes the time to get to know you and know your name as soon you walk in the door. They keep you involve in all aspect of the school process and testing. The school is much better than what it use to be and each year is improving. They have tutors if children are behind and need assistance. The teachers stay late if a student needs help and if not they will email you and work with you. PH is an up and coming school which will soon be a Pre-k through 8 grade school making it more of a family for the children and easier for them to transition to High School.
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 24, 2014
Patrick Henry Elementary School is an incredibly diverse school and you see people who care about what they are doing and kids that want to learn. The school is in the process of planning for a replacement and making it a Pre-K to 8th school which will allow kids to keep the small school feel until High School. I wish the School Board would push this project instead of dragging it out for so many years.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 31, 2014
My daughter has started 4th grade in this school and although I must admit, I was not impressed at all with the previous review on this school; Ms. Miller has been a fabulous teacher I don't think my daughter could be in better hands, the people in the TAG program have been very supportive in helping with the process for my daughter to get in the program. The school definitely needs some improvements but of course we cannot expect the school to do miracles if our kids don't have the right attitude "remember a good foundation starts at home" People always blame the schools but us as parents also need to take more responsibility on how we're raising our kids.
3 people found this helpful

Posted September 24, 2013
My daughter just started Kindergarten at Patrick Henry. Clearly the school has challenges it still needs to overcome, but the new Principal is excellent, the teachers seem wonderful and everyone is making a tremendous effort to improve the school. And I love the diversity! So far my daughter is really enjoying Patrick Henry.

Patrick Henry Elementary School 1

Posted February 11, 2012
We were NOT impressed with Patrick Henry Elementary. Our child's teacher seemed overwhelmed, harried, and was highly unprofessional. They constantly made mistakes with which child walked home versus taking the bus. We pulled our child out and are very pleased with the new private school that he is in. It was a horrible and stressful experience for our family and I would never recommend this school to anyone.

Posted February 27, 2010
Patrick Henry is an amazing school! All the teachers are kind and caring, the school system is very organized, and it has a very proper education.

Patrick Henry Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
They're teachers are kind and caring with the children. They are patient and the principal is on top of her school's education.

Posted February 05, 2009

Patrick Henry Elementary School 3

Posted March 04, 2007

Patrick Henry Elementary School
4643 Taney Ave, Alexandria, VA  22304
Last modified Patrick Henry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Patrick Henry Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top