Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This is a great school my kids love to be at the school my big son start at pk and now is in 4 grade he love the school

I feel so blessed that my child is attending this school. He is gifted and I'm constantly impressed with how hard the school administration and faculty work to keep him engaged intellectually and support his emotional needs. The school also truly views its diversity and inclusiveness as a strength and leverages it in a way that serves all the students and families. I love being part of the PHES community and can't imagine my child going anywhere else.

My daughter couldn't read when she started Kindergarten and that was one of my major concern when we first started. First day of school, her Kindergarten teacher promised that all of his students will be reading before the end of the school year. He was absolutely right, my daughter read fluently before the end of the school year. She is now in first grade. She is excited about reading and completes her homework by herself as soon as she is home from school. She now reads chapter books all by herself with no aide from an adult. She is doing such a wonderful job in all of her classes. This tells me that her teachers are doing such an excellent job and are very supportive. The principal, Mrs. Bynum, is very very kind and respectful and work hard on getting to know the parents, which is a plus for me. She cares and love every single one of her student. I am amaze at how wonderful she interact with the kids, parents and staffs. The staffs at Patrick Henry are very friendly and respectful. #workhardtogetsmart

My son at first grade loves to go to school , but I'm concerning why kids if they r sick they don't send them home till they feel better and the teacher of my kid needs to be more communicat with the parents

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

So far, all his teachers helped him improve and grow.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

My son feels so proud and motivated when he finishes his homework early.

My son loves to go to school. That tells me his teachers are supportive and helpful.

My son, who is in 4th grade has been at Patrick Henry since Kindergarten. I've noticed many drastic changes in the school since Mrs. Bynum has been principal, and overall I am very pleased. Almost all of my son's teachers have been very dedicated to my son's learning and overall well-being. Even the school's administrators are excellent. Mrs. Bynum, is very engaged and knows most of the students by name. Down to the cafeteria staff, I always get the feeling that my children are cared for while at school. Most recently, I received a call from my son's teacher because the cafeteria staff were concerned because my son wasn't always making healthy food choices on days I didn't pack his lunch (e.g., he would only eat whatever snacks they had that day). My daughter just started Pre-K at Patrick Henry, and her teachers are no less dedicated to her overall well-being. For a public school, I must say that I am very impressed. The school is very diverse and many of the staff members make an effort to learn and speak other languages so that they can better communicate with parents who aren't native english speakers. There are also a lot of after school events during the year, such as literacy and math nights, family dances, family movie nights, etc. Overall, I am very pleased with Patrick Henry and its staff.

My son is in pre-K and he is reading. The teachers are dedicated. The low score on Greatschools.org does not represent this school, in my opinion. I will give PHES a rating of 6+.

The staff and teachers are nice,however, I feel that my 2nd grader was not challenged at all. He came home with 1 page math homework of 2+2 and 4+4.... he did this when he was in Kinder. I feel that the school did the very minimum requirement to teach our kids and our kids miss out on a lot. At home my 8 yr. 2nd grader was doing 2 digit multiplications where at school he was doing 2+2. Aside from this, the school was low average.

Last modified Patrick Henry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.