Westminster School 1

Posted April 17, 2015
If you want to be emotionally scarred for the rest of your life, or at least until you are out of high school, than this is a great place to be.

Posted March 10, 2015
Our family loves Westminster School! My children feel like the school is a second home. The sense of family and community are amazing. The education is well-rounded and inspires curiosity and a worldly point-of-view in the students. My children both come home excited to tell me about everything they learned that day.

Westminster School 2

Posted February 08, 2015
Unfortunately Westminster School has lost two kindergarten teachers one after the other in the last six months. Whats going on? I was a believer in the school however now I am not s sure it is a good environment for my child. Next year I will be looking elsewhere.
4 people found this helpful

Westminster School 2

Posted October 09, 2014
Westminster School has high standards for students that are fostered in an environment catered towards a classical education. They believe students should be independent both academically and socially. On the outside it seems like a wonderful place to send children with kind and caring educators that believe in the schools mission and pushing children to achieve their ultimate best. However the reality is is that if your child is not a "high performing student," then he or she will fall behind and face academic difficulties. These hardships students would not otherwise face in a different academic environment. Children are taught to "fit the schools mold," if they don't then they are considered outcasts. The expectations for students are often unrealistic and developmentally inappropriate however the administration and dedicated staff members stand by it and will twist any information or situation to demonstrate that "their way is the right way." Teachers constantly put on a facade of "happiness," for parents in order to put forth a particular image and fight a decreasing student enrollment. The truth is the enrollment is down and quite frankly, there is a reason for it.

Posted May 05, 2014
Excellent school, excellent teachers! We are so happy we made the right choice for both of our children.

Posted April 30, 2014
Sending our son to Westminster School was the best decision my husband and I made. He has thrived in a "classical education" setting. The school does everything it says: nurtures the child's innate abilities while truly caring about each student. Character and manners really matter throughout Westminster's hallways and classrooms. The program offers so much - reading and discussing classical literature, handwriting (which is taught in the early grades), daily PE class, foreign language and hands-on science. Coupled with an active theater department, music and high quality fine arts makes it an enriching experience. In the 5th - 8th grades, our son took great pride representing his school on the athletic field. Middle school JV/Varsity sports programs competing against other schools is not typically offered in local public schools or other private schools. School team sports was so meaningful with his classmates (and very different from local club sports). The academic program is well-rounded and demanding. We highly recommend Westminster School!

Posted April 30, 2014
This school upholds high standards of conduct and academic excellence. It was never my intention to look for an easy school. I admire that it encourages the students to expect much more of themselves. Some times are challenging, however I know my son will graduate an assertive and well rounded student ready for his high school years. I personally think this is a testament to the school and its commitment to a better education for our children.

Posted April 29, 2014
I cannot say enough good things about this school. My child came from public school, with poor study skills and non-existent note-taking skills. Since then, my child has flourished at Westminster School. The school teaches the whole child, from science to math, but also manners, interviewing skills, responsibility, pride in self, public speaking, languages. My child can launch into enthusiastic discussions about many classics, with passion and a deep understanding on the subject matter. Her handwriting is beautiful and she will easy carry the organization skills she learned at Westminster to high school, college and beyond. A++ school.

Posted April 23, 2014
Westminster School Teachers and Admin. truly care about and genuinely pour their hearts into the children. With each passing year, it has been amazing to watch as each child grows, develops, and blooms.

Westminster School 4

Posted April 22, 2014
Westminster creates a wonderful environment for our child to learn and grow. The small class sizes provide teachers the opportunity to quickly head off any academic challenges a child might be having. The school's culture is one of respect and order... Our daughter loves it there and has really matured into a lovely young lady.

Westminster School