Annandale, VA
Before care: Yes

Posted August 28, 2014
I love this school, but not as much as my new 6th grader does. He's new to middle school and the area. On his second day of school, he was excited to get to class, excited to learn. He said it feels like a club where kids go to learn for fun and he feels like he belongs here. It made my heart sing.

Posted May 27, 2014
Excellent School! Great academic, athletic, and extra curricular offerings all within a God centered atmosphere!

Posted May 11, 2014
Educational equal to any school in D.C., but with Christian values integrated in every aspect of school life! ICS has impressed me by the way in which the faculty and staff incorporate a Christian worldview into every aspect of learning. Administrator Steve Danish is particularly gifted. ICS has been an incredibly supportive environment for not only my children, but our whole family. We have grown in our faith as a result. The academics are outstanding, parents are involved, faculty and staff are caring. Relative to other private schools, and relative to the quality of education provided, ICS tuition is a bargain! As a military family we move a lot. ICS immediately made my children feel welcome and they quickly assimilated into the school. We never worry about what is being taught in the classroom, either, as it is always consistent with what our children are taught at home and in church.

Posted May 08, 2014
I was transferring my girls from a school that had divided their students between A/B students and C/below. This school was consistently putting my girls in lower reading classes than they tested for. The school did not teach science in 4th grade because it was not a part of the SOL test that year and in 5th grade they were only given old SOL tests as work. Teachers were teaching for a test and not teaching for the children to actually learn the subject. After no help from the principle or Fairfax School Board we joined Immanuel. The academics are challenging the comradeship is heartwarming. My older daughter who had a hard time warming up to the school not only likes it now but does not want return to public school even though her workload has increased significantly. The single best thing about Immanuel is that God is woven through the lessons of the day. My younger daughter s prayers have matured in thought and scope. As for my older daughter that I was so worried about, wondering if I made the right decision, was made clear to me. My mom came to visit and told me she noticed an inner peace in her granddaughter now. Thank you God. -Denise Burgos

Posted April 28, 2014
Immanuel Christian School provided my daughter with a well rounded education with a world Christian view. Upon graduation she was well prepared for high school. The school also emphasizes community service and a compassionate attitude for others. ICS also has a before and afterschool program for those students with working parents. I would strongly recommend this school to others.

Posted April 24, 2014
Choosing an alternative to public schools here in NOVA can be a challenge because there are so many to choose from. For our family, the fact that ICS was a Christian school was of premier importance to my husband and me. The curriculum at ICS is taught through the filter of God's word-so even though there are specific Bible classes taught, kids learn in English, Math Science and other classes that God is involved in ALL aspects of their life. But there are so many other reasons to consider ICS as a school option. Early on, we were impressed that teachers identified areas where my children struggled and were able to provide support and encouragement to my children AND my husband and me. They didn't just let our children coast. As our children grew, many of their teachers also identified areas where my children needed to push themselves because they knew my kids were capable of doing more. I loved being able to participate in the life of the school in so many ways. The school welcomes parent involvement. I felt like the ICS staff and I were a team working to educate my children and they were well-prepared to enter high school when they walked out the doors of ICS for the last time.

Posted April 16, 2014
Our family loves this school and church! The teachers are godly, caring and accessible. The environment is safe, clean and well-maintained. The location is convenient to both the 395 and 495. As a military family, we move a lot, so our daughter started at ICS during the middle of her kindergarten year. She felt accepted by the kids right away and made friends easily. She loved her teachers and teaching assistants. Now that she is finishing her first grade year, I wish we didn't have to move this summer! She has mentioned several times how she wishes she could stay and go through 8th grade here. We wish that, too, but God has something else in mind for us. Before moving to the area we didn't realize how fast-paced and academically stressful Northern Virginia can be. Even though ICS challenges their students in all areas (I can't believe how much my daughter has learned in 1st grade, including being able to run a mile and do desktop publishing!), the students' spiritual development is deemed most important. Our family would recommend ICS wholeheartedly!

Posted March 25, 2014
The minute my husband and I walked in the doors at Immanuel Christian, we knew it was an answer to prayer. Every person that we came in contact with was so kind and we could immediately feel God's presence as we walked through the halls. We continue to be thankful daily for having found this school. As we watch what our daughter has learned academically, spiritually and socially this year at ICS, our decision to send her is continually affirmed. We couldn't have asked for a better quality team of teachers and feel so incredibly blessed that our daughter gets instruction from them. It's comforting to know that although we've laid a strong foundation for our child, Immanuel Christian can come alongside and provide an education as if it's an extension of our home. We look forward what the coming years will bring for our daughter at ICS and can't wait to send our other children!

Immanuel Christian School 1

Posted March 18, 2014
We are not really satisfy with the school. Poor quality of teachers and instructions. They are only nice to first comers.

Posted December 06, 2013
Immanuel Christian School is a safe, nurturing environment that attends to developing the whole child - socially, academically, physically and spiritually. Parents and teachers cooperate to address any concerns in healthy ways. This school really understands that each child is created uniquely and encourages students to recognize and embrace the gifts they have been given while also growing in areas that are more challenging for the student. A strong focus on knowing and loving God helps students learn how to love and serve their peers, their community and the world.

Immanuel Christian School
6915 Braddock Road, Annandale, VA  22003
Last modified Immanuel Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Immanuel Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top