Posted August 26, 2013
We love Braddock. My daughter is currently in the school-based Level IV AAP program, and is being challenged and having fun at the same time. My bright but challenging son went there from kindergarden through 5th grade, and thrived. This was in large part because of caring, responsive and knowledgeable administrators, general education and special education teachers. The IEP process can be frustrating and scary anywhere, but at Braddock I always felt like they they did have the best interests of my child in mind.

Posted May 26, 2013
Our daughter is finishing kindergarten this year and we've been really happy with Braddock Elementary School. She is in the two way English/Spanish immersion program where half the day is spent learning in English and the other half of the day is spent learning in Spanish. All of her teacher's have been great and the school staff has done a great job keeping us abreast of school activities and events. Our daughter enjoys going to school here and the staff are doing a great job of fostering an environment conducive to learning. There was one instance where a little boy was misbehaving in class and bothering several of the other students. A few of the parents including myself alerted the teacher and I feel like the situation was handled with the utmost professionalism. We are always aware of what is going on at school and love to see our daughter's school work that she brings home on a regular basis. We're looking forward to next year at Braddock. I'm surprised by some of the other postings because our experience has been wonderful. For incoming kindergartener's, I recommend Ms. Pitler. She is a wonderful teacher and really great with the children.

Braddock Elementary School 1

Posted April 03, 2013
Terrible school, non help what so ever for kids with disabilities. The staff is not caring and dismiss parents with sarcasm. The lack of efficiency and poor performance is a mayor problem. My child was severely wounded at play ground, the didn't update my information with my new phone number, that I promptly give to them, and they didn't even call any of my emergency contacts. On top of everything, they sent me a letter home, asking me to cooperate with the school. I have found myself frustrated as I have contacted the school several times, went there in person, sent letters, asking for their cooperation with no response what so ever. My child is disable and is showing miss behaviors that affect her life, and they don't want to help her at all. I have several paperwork with her diagnosis, and still "she's not eligible, even if she is struggling. I'm moving out of here in two months, and I CAN'T WAIT. If your planning to move here, DO NOT. This is my personal experience. Also, they're over populated, and the building is to small for that many children.

Braddock Elementary School 2

Posted February 16, 2013
I agree with the previous reviewer about issues with IEPs and 504s. My child attended this school and we had a terrible experience with the teacher, the principal as well as the school counselor. My child was bullied at this school and still has nightmares about what happened on the playground at recess. The school is also very overcrowded and the school system projects that it will be even worse in the future.

Braddock Elementary School 2

Posted January 14, 2013
Honestly, I am questioning many of these reviews. I have had a horrible experience with this school. Many of the teachers here are pleasant but it's the administrative staff that I worry about. The principle does not seem engaged with the students and their academic success. My child tends to have trouble in school and much of it has to do with his struggle with impulse. The teacher has been kind enough to "allow" an evaluation to take place but I have had so much push-back from the staff. I understand that it costs the school a great deal of money when doing an IEP, but it's for the benefit of the child! I just want to ensure that my child is getting the specialized instruction he needs in order to be confident in school. The year prior, he came home comfortable with the idea that he is just "not smart".That shouldn't ever be the case. However, Braddock ES has stated that this is due to the fact that he gets too much attention? What? I want to give them the benefit of a doubt- but it's been a few years and I am starting to feel that if your child has any type of disorder, language barrier, or disability- you're in for a world of grief here.

Posted November 10, 2012
Braddock Elementary is a wonderful school. It has dedicated teachers, staff, and parents. It is a friendly, warm, caring neighborhood school. Lots of children walk to school with their parents. Braddock Elementary has excellent "specials" teachers like Mr. W. and Mr. Jackson for PE, Ms. Newham for Music, and Ms. Ahner for Art. The librarian Ms. Foley is a great favorite of all. Ms. Botzin, the principal, knows all of the students and most of the parents. The PTA is very welcoming and always wants volunteers. We love Ms. Rauer for Kindergarten, Ms. Davis and Mrs. Wheat for 1st grade. Wonderful teachers who understand children, who are motivating and great eager learners.

Braddock Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2010
Braddock is a great school,my son loves be there.He has been since 1 grade and now he is in 4 grade now.The school have great teachers,the librarian is a very special person with the students,my son likes to bring many books from the library,The science fair was a great experience for him this year too.

Braddock Elementary School 1

Posted April 27, 2010

Posted December 09, 2009

Braddock Elementary School 3

Posted June 18, 2009

Braddock Elementary School
7825 Heritage Dr, Annandale, VA  22003
Last modified Braddock Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Braddock Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top