Annandale, VA

Posted November 11, 2014
Columbia is a small, neighborhood school that has a strong sense of community and wonderful, caring teachers and administration. Our son has been here for kindergarten and 1st grade and we have been very happy with the school. It is extremely diverse and we love that our son is friends with kids whose families come from all over the world.

Posted September 11, 2010
Without a doubt, Columbia Elementary School is committed to providing students with a challenging and rewarding education. I am amazed by the progressive ideas, constant communication, and positive atmosphere of this school. Very diverse in nature, this school has taught my children to respect ideas and cultures of others. The curriculum has amazed me as well. Each night when I ask my children about their school day, I am delighted to hear their responses. They are a part of a great learning environment that encourages social education as much as the academics! Just outside of our Nation s capital and in one of the best districts in the United States, Columbia Elementary is providing my two children a solid and enriching learning experience!

Posted April 27, 2010
I have a second grader at Columbia. Great school and great teachers!!!!! The are very welcome to a new students and very helpful to parents with questions, they always return your calls.

Posted January 15, 2010
We moved here after the school year had started and much to my relief, our daughter was quickly welcomed into her class by her teacher and classmates. Administration, teachers and staff all know your child s name. Good teamwork between the principal and vice principal and both are engaged with the students. The front office staff is professional and knowledgeable. Columbia is home to a multi-cultural student body, which is respected and celebrated. Teacher and student resources are up to date, including technology. Art, music and PE are provided (unlike our last school district). Solid security policies in place including access control measures, student buddy system, etc. Excellent weekly communication with parents via Take Home Tuesday folders and email. Very active and productive PTA. Healthy lunches provided, including vegetarian meals. Extra-curricular activities include Chess Club and Partners in Print. Columbia provides a solid academic and healthy social environment for our daughter.

Posted November 21, 2009

Posted February 22, 2009

Columbia Elementary School 0

Posted December 06, 2008
I have a fourth grader at columbia. Great acedemic as well as fun environment. Super great teachers!

Posted December 06, 2008
We are the proud parents of 4th grader at columbia. Great acedemic as well as fun environment. Super Great Teachers!

Posted November 13, 2008
Great people and amazing students. I love BINGO NIGHT with the kids. Also, the teachers are always very sweet and nice.

Columbia Elementary School 1

Posted August 07, 2008

Columbia Elementary School
6720 Alpine Dr, Annandale, VA  22003
Last modified Columbia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Columbia Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top